Pregnant Woman Dies After Crashing Car Into Tree

LOS FELIZ (CBS) — A pregnant woman died Sunday when her car hit a tree on the 134 Freeway near Griffith Park.

The crash occurred at approximately 4 p.m.

Witnesses say the woman’s car veered off the road and into an embankment before hitting the tree.

The driver was transported to a local hospital, where she died.

Comments

1. Abigail Marie Collins says:

The doctors should and could have saved the baby, no matter how many months the bay was.

1. TJ says:

That’s not exactly right. For a reasonable chance of survival, the fetus should be at least 25 weeks developed with additional weeks improving the chance of survival greatly. Although there have been cases where there has been survival at 22-24 weeks, they are very high risk. Prior to 22 weeks, it’s a miracle of the baby survives. This is a tragic story. Condolences to all those affected.

2. DAX says:

You don’t even know any details and you say that, wow what an ignorant idiot, maybe the baby was DEAD also. shut up fool.

3. John says:

So I take it you were present at the scene and know the intimate details regarding the conditions of this woman and her unborn child and what the medical team did and did not do?

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

2. TT says:

we have no idea who it was – they never followed up or the family hasnt been notified yet.

3. ILA says:

Does it matter what the f**k she was you moron! Have some respect!

4. concerned says:

I am a tree lover, I never like to see them cut down…but It seems there are so many car accidents where people end up hitting the trees & die because the trees are so close to the roadside. Sad. Rest in peace. There is a street in Riverside where 20-30 big palm trees line the CENTER of the road w/ no guardrail. It is so dangerous.

5. !!! says:

c-man-
    maybe it was your sister

6. Chad says:

Probably is.They do that a lot.

7. Lance says:

I stopped to render aid , I held her hand as she took her last breath of air . The car wrapped around her body we could not get her out to do CPR . After waiting 10 minutes Glendale fire showed up then LA city fire then Burbank . None to the jaws if life , they used a sawzall to get the door open. . I did not know until she was pregnant until she was put on a back board . By that time it was over 30 minutes from the time of the accident . I wish I could have done more . I don’t know if any of you know the feeling of someone dying in your arms . That will be with me forever .

1. J says:

This was my friend.
      Was she aware of what had happened? Was she calm? Did she struggle? I am filled with sadness for her family and our loss.
      Thank you for holding her hand.

2. C says:

Hey Lance, thank you for being there with her. She was a friend, and we are wondering the same questions: did she have any final words?, was she calm, peaceful? was she in great pain? I know you were there with her for a reason, please know how grateful all of her friends and family are to you, for your presence with her. If you like to email me you can: chantillyhensley@hotmail.com
      Thank you and God bless you!

8. R.I.P says:

This was my teacher who died and the whole school is affected. My condolences to her family You will be missed dearly.

9. Lance says:

She was unconscious and passed Peacefully . I feel so sorry for her family and friends also . She was not alone And she wlll always be in my thoughts .

1. Sandra says:

Lance your helpfulness was a blessing, you being there helps many of us know she went in peace. She was a wonderful person and I am deeply sadden that her life and the babys had to end this way. She was a a good person and great teacher. She was my son’s teacher at Venice Animo Charter High School and I always loved her vibrant, tough love attitude. She believed in her students and gave them encouragement. She will be missed.

10. Lance says:

If anyone knows when and where her memorial service will be I would like to attend .

1. R.I.P says:

idk about that but next tuesday the school Animo Venice Charter High will be having kind of like a service u know for her at 9am or 11am or 1pm. Just a thought….u can also go here to see what everyone is writing…http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Lauren-Lacey-Erickson/223596941012529

11. kristen says:

best history teacher I ever had. forever loved and missed❤