Motorcyclist Killed After He Slams Into Tractor On 10 Freeway

BALDWIN PARK (CBS) — A motorcyclist was killed when he crashed into a tractor in a construction zone on the westbound San Bernardino (10) Freeway in Baldwin Park, authorities said Wednesday.

Jesus Cabrera, 27, of El Monte, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Patrick Kimball and Lt. Joe Bale of the coroner’s office.

A CHP officer at the scene said Cabrera rode through a two-mile area that had been closed off by Caltrans before he slammed into the tractor.

The crash west of Frazier Street was reported at 11:48 p.m. Tuesday, Kimball said.

Comments

1. Josh Butts says:

Umm, maybe, but whats his excuse for slamming into a tractor?

1. Ashlie says:

It was extremely dark and they only had a few small cones out and before he knew it the tractor was right their so buzz off it could of been anyone who hit it and my family has had a big loss. RIP Chuy….

2. NothingButDTruth says:

C’mon, man, really? This isn’t even a political issue. Someone died. I’m against illegal immigration but never wish death upon anyone. Plus, I know when and where to comment on the proper subject. You probably lead a very sad life.

R.I.P. to the deceased.

1. Just Me says:

He lead a great life. He served our country and had an amazing heart. RIP Charro

1. Brawn says:

Illegals should not be allowed in the military. Mexico has an army don’t they?

2. Ilegal says:

what a stupid coment, you don’t even have the balls to go to the army. I’m sorry for people that has no brains like you.

2. ILA says:

I agree with you. Their is a time and place to say things and not to say things. I feel sorry for people like that. Lets see how they feel if one day someone they love gets killed and people are commenting rude things about them online. Someone they have never met in their lives. Everyone on here who has something negative to say really have some nerves.

3. Gigi Hayes says:

I dont want to respond anymore to the ignorant people that are commenting about my cousin on here but i wanted to at least bring to light one thing, I have been fighting this prejudice all my life as well, First off We are the Second Generation born here in the US that makes us far from being illegal, i don’t understand why people instantly think people are illegal because of their Name and Race, We are Just Damn Proud to be Mexican……. thank you for your kind words as well, and it is a loss for you as well, because he was a soldier protecting your rights and theirs.

3. jaybee says:

Can’t picture or make sense out of the description “closed off two mile area” – Does that mean a single lane on one side or the other closed off? Does that mean an entire area where no traffic drove and was a deserted stretch of under construction road? If that’s the case then “Ran in to a tractor on the 10” is sensationalistic because the there wasn’t a tractor “On the 10” You see how you distort things and can’t even report an accurate image of what really happened?

4. KG says:

If you’re riding a motorcycle and the road is unfamiliar, or something seems amiss, then trust your judgement. Something usually is wrong and you should slow down.

I’m sorry a fellow motorcyclist died.

5. an old friend of jesus says:

Jesus was an awesome person I will miss him alot. I grew up with him back in the starlight days. He will be missed by so many . RIP bud we will meet again.

1. BD McGee says:

Dude, you need to find better friends.

1. ILA says:

Here’s another idiot.. BD McGee.

2. Gigi Hayes says:

Why on earth would you say such a thing, you dont know him or what happened, Karma will get you buddy for judging people. he was my cousin and he was a war hero who served for ignorant people like you to be safe.

2. Just Me says:

RIP Charro

6. Eric says:

This is what happens when you have no brain.

1. ILA says:

Don’t worry Eric.. your time will come too

1. Eric says:

I have a brain.Not a mexican.I do believe I will be just fine.

7. ROB says:

This is what happens when you have no brain.

i hate Bikers…they think they own the road

1. ILA says:

and another idiot..

2. TheWindrunner says:

Differentiate between “Bikers” (fecal creatures) and motorcyclists…there is a difference! I ride a motorcycle, and I also hate “Bikers”.

3. Gigi Hayes says:

Rob, as i stated before you should not judge people if you don’t know whole story, This man was a professional man with probably more brains than you, He was also a war hero who was still serving and getting ready to go back to Afghanistan to fight for the freedom of idiots like you. and yes i can say all this because i have facts he was family so i do know.

8. BD McGee says:

Not the least bit sad- stupid man riding where he is not supposed to- motorcyclists are all deserving of what they get.

1. ILA says:

Same idiot as before.. the list keeps going on

9. James says:

I’m amazed by the hate and ignorance we show to one another…no doubt the human race is devolving:(

10. Just Me says:

To BD Mcgee and Rob: Show some respect. I hate ignorant people like yourselves. This was a human life that was lost. Have a heart. Rob, why do you hate bikers? Envious because they ride and you don’t? BD Mcgee, ignorant people like you deserve what you get. Stop stereotyping just because he owned a motorcycle. i can put money that Charro, RIP, had a bigger heart and I know for a fact that he wasn’t as ignorant. He served our country for me, you, and everyone else on this post. Give him the respect he deserves, not because he owned a motorcycle but because he fought for us all. RIP Charro.

1. ILA says:

Jeff you’re an idiot. Have some respect.

11. Ashamed says:

Illegals need to learn english so he could have understood the signs

1. Just Me says:

Sorry to disappoint but he wasn’t illegal.

1. Jefferson says:

Dude, look at his name. It screams illegal or at least anchor baby which is still a 2nd class citizen.

2. Juan Navarro says:

Illegal? he was more american than you, he was a sargent, and fought in Iraq god only knows hat went through his mind, we love you chuyito. stop hating races.

1. TYron says:

I can train a chimpanzee to shoot a gun too you know.
        And he’s a mexican,he doesn’t have a mind.

12. Brawn says:

Did this illegal guy even have a license? More reason to close the border

13. sat says:

For all the friends and people with nice comments need to understand something. This Neo Nazi’s posting hateful comments want to get a reaction from you. Don’t give them the satisfaction by trying to to make them think different. They are breed-ed like the dogs they to hate anyone and anything that’s different then their kind. I thank Charro even though I did not know him for serving our country to defend or rights and freedom and even the rights/freedom of these hateful Neo Nazi’s “DOGS”. RIP Charro and may you ride high in the sky with God! I also like to thank all of our soldiers currently defending our country of all nationality’s but proud to defend America as Americans. This gos out specially for my nephew who has serve one tour of duty in Afghanistan (Angel Solano) “Go Marines”!

1. Just Me says:

14. REDBOY says:

LOOK IM NOT EVEN UPSET AT THESE LAMES WHO ARE LEAVING THESE COMMENTS. YOU CAN NOT GET MAD AT PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HEART, BRAINS OR DONT KNOW HOW TO ACT PROPERLY. THEY ARE ANIMALS AND YOU DONT GET MAD YOU JUST KILL THE ANIMAL AND PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY. THEY DIDNT KNOW CHARRO OR ANYTHING ABOUT HIM, THEY ARE NOT PART OF OUR WORLD AND THEY ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS, SO DONT GET MAD AT SOMEONE WHO NO IMPORTANCE TO US. PHONE WARRIORS, INTERNET WARRIORS THEIR ALL COWARDS WITH NO BACK BONE THATS WHY THEY LEAVE COMMENTS ON COMPUTERS AND NOT IN PERSON. ALL OF THEM AND I DO MEAN ALL OF THEM ARE COWARDS! THEY BACK DOWN AND RUN BECAUSE IN PERSON THEY WOULD SHOW THEIR TRUE COLORS, WHIMPS AND COWARDS THAT THEY REALLY ARE SO LISTEN MY BROTHERS WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THINGS LIKE THIS LAUGH AT THEM AND FEEL SORRY FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY WILL NEVER AND I MEAN EVER HAVE THE BROTHERHOOD THAT WE HAVE. THEY ARE JEALOUS AND SCARED WHIMPS. LOVE YOU CHARRO FOREVER AND MY BROTHERS.

1. robert says:

you said it all.

15. Donaldson says:

Another stone age latino didn’t make it in the modern world.

16. none says:

This guy hit the back of an excavator going about 80 mph in a construction zone. It will be interesting to find out if alcohol was involved. His recklessness will affect the guys that were working out there forever. People are so selfish.

17. an old friend of Jesus says:

Wow the ignorance. it does not matter what you say about my friend. You simply don’t know him. Everyone who knew him would vouch for him. But what really is funny is how you really don’t have anything better to do than to be posting comments here. I won’t judge you as I am not going to stoop to your level. Nothing you say will affect how we feel for him and who he was. I know he was a good man and honorable. We will miss his company but will never forget him. Love you chuy. Thanks for being a great friend. GN

18. robert says:

He was more american and had a bigger heart than most of you. R.I.P. Charro

19. Angel says:

Wow CBS, horrible job reporting news! Where did these “facts” come from? As for you NONE yes he hit an excavator, however he was going between 50-55 mph, no mention of alcohol involved, he was not driving recklessly its called an accident, and not one of the construction workers involved in this accident were injured! I went to high school with Jesus and as you can see from all who knew him not a bad word can be said about him. The rest of you with your racist, ignorant remarks I’m sure you lead miserable worthless lives unlike Jesus who lived his short life to the fullest and fought for his country! RIP Jesus Cabrera

20. proud american anchor baby says:

TYron with a name like that you would know about training chimps!

21. LISTEN... says:

cant we all get along…

22. David Huffman says:

What a sad loss to our country and to all of us that he served this country for to insure their FREEDOM!! I am a veteran of the Viet Nam era and have served with Brothers and sisters of ALL RACES CREEDS AND COLORS and i say RIP Bro your spot is reserved for that role call in heaven.While i’m aginst illegals of ANY KIND in my country and it is my duty to turn them in wherever they’re found,i do not condone racism.ALL YOU RACISTS,if you’re that ignorant and hateful,why don’t you all go join our military or at least e-mail the president and your senators and congress people and put a voice to your hate at them,they are the ones refusing to act on the illegal immigration laws set forth in this country’s constitution!!!! Better yet when it comes time to vote,GO DO IT and try to make the right choices,otherwise ,shut up with the racist BS and GET A LIFE !!!!

23. Arthur Scarr says:

Regardless of what nationality, what education level, what insert said label, the simple fact remains. A man lost his life in a horrible accident, leaving behind, family, friends, and all sorts of spectators with opinions either good or bad. What I would pray to be the case would be that all of us could empathize with this man’s loved ones knowing that it is a very hard thing for them to go through. Does it matter that he was killed on a bike or by lighting strike, or simply a heart attack? Not one bit. All that was to be written in this man’s life was wrote. Have respect as each and everyone of you will die just as sure as this man has. So get your heart right with your maker.

24. Falcon says:

As I started to read the comments concerning this tragic accident, where a human life was lost. I can’t believe all the idiots, and prejudice fools out there who feel that it’s cool to assume Jesus was an illegal U.S. citizen. It is evident by comments left by Jesus’ friends that Jesus was an American War Veteran, who fought for this country, so that the same idiots who are given the freedoms to sit on their butts and badmouth a dead man who in fact put his life on the line for these same fools to badmouth him. To the foolish prejudice dummies who left their negative comments about Jesus accident, look up your family tree, I’m sure you’ll be surprised to find out where you came from. To the Vietnam Vet, my hat is off to you sir, Welcome Back and Thank You for Your Service!

25. Louis Navarro says:

RIP CHUY!

26. Louie Navarro says:

RIP CHUY!!!

27. Ruben says:

I am sure all the people he killed overseas will look good on his resume’ as he enters the next life.

28. Ashlie says:

I thank all the ones who are respectful and all the family who is here standing up for Chuy, he will forever be missed. He was a great cousin and even more a great, caring, loving Man. Much love Chuy.

29. his little green eyes says:

Hello sorry im late, but my name is juliana, Im 13 and step daughter to jesus but i prefer to be called as his really daughter. He might have not been my real dad but he treat me as if I was his own. And im here to address to those rude commenters who cant keep their mouths shut of negativity!
    Brawn: Jesus wasnt an illegal. He was born here and fought here. He had a license and knew how to driver better than anyone else! I know this because I rode on that exact same bike with him 3 months before he died and he was a careful driver.
    BD McGee: You should be feeling really stupid for what you said. He didnt deserve that. He fought for your freedom and protecting you. You should be very disappointed on what you said. Your comment was heartbreaking to me.
    Eric: Your the one who has no brains, seriously who puts that up on the internet! He might have been 27 but he had a soul of a wise old man and knew everything question I would ask him!

1. really? says:

bogus his little green eyes – no 13 year old speaks like that. lame attempt to manipulate everyone.