Several Students Required To Receive Whooping Cough Vaccine

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Several LAUSD students heading back to school Tuesday will be required to show proof that they received a whooping cough vaccination.

A new state law mandates that all seventh through 12th grade students receive the DTaP immunization, which protects against Pertussis, commonly known as whooping cough.

Extra nurses will be on hand Tuesday to check vaccine cards at five LAUSD schools that are on a year-round schedule.

There are some vaccines available for students, but the school district says supplies are limited.

Parents are being asked to vaccinate their children as soon as possible to avoid a potential rush at the end of summer.

Students with pre-existing medical conditions may be exempt from getting the shot.

For more information on the Whooping Cough Mandate, click here.

1. Larry says:

Private schools are the way to go as anchor babies cannot afford anything but public education. I would not want my kids in the same classroom with their kind as they are nothing but bad examples.

2. Tempus Nunc says:

Sent mine to private school which was a considerable sacrifice for me as a single parent, but well worth the peace of mind.

3. Wendy says:

I as well made the sacrifice by working part time on weekends to make sure my children are not intergrated with the illegals in school. Now I don’t have to worry about school shootings or lockdowns every other day like at public schools.

4. Hippie-Skippy says:

Marin county has had some large petussis outbreaks. Wow! They must be full or anchor-baby millionaires!

You guys are ridiculus.

Next time you are in Thousand Oaks, hop on over to any white hippy-skippy preschool and talk to those moms. Many will tell you they don’t believe in vacs, because “hebals” are just fine to treat Measles Mumps Chicken Pox.

THAT is the problem.

Children here illagally get free vacs and are often better protected and lower risk than granola whites.

So, we must make Nature valley protect their children!

5. John says:

I have been surfing around via the internet quite a few minutes at present, however I never found any beneficial article similar to yours. Its actually done well in my viewpoint. Personally, if more writers made great content like you do, the web would be a great deal more useful.

6. jesse Dziedzic says:

You’re exactly right with this piece!

7. online marketing resources says:

Your truly right on this blog post!

8. dripable service says:

That’s very academic writing.

9. nulled scripts says:

This definitely makes great sense to me.

10. cigarette pas chere says:

That was very revealing piece!!!

11. Wholesale Designer Bags says:

You are unquestionably right on this blog..

12. peaceful divorce says: