Couple Shot In Front Of East Hollywood Home

EAST HOLLYWOOD (CBS) — The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating a double shooting in East Hollywood.

A man and a woman were both shot in the face as they stood in the driveway of their home near the 101 Freeway and Melrose Avenue early Saturday morning.

Both victims were taken to a hospital, but their conditions weren’t immediately available.

Police say there were witnesses, but no one has come forward with any information.

No other details were immediately available.

Comments

1. Clueless Reporter says:

This is not even close to West Los Angeles. It is nice our local reporters cannot even figure out the area they report on and in.

2. Heidi says:

I thought Melrose / 101 was east LA?

3. James says:

The 101 and Melrose is just west of Vermont and west of LACC; I’d call that area East Hollywood, not West L.A. by any stretch of the imagination. This website is a victim of a lot of sloppy writing and sloppy reportage. I don’t know if they’re using unpaid interns or if one of the writers is a family member of a higher-up, but they really should find someone with higher-level skills to write and report for this site.

4. Will Campbell says:

Last week CBS2 said the May murder at Little Temple Bar at Santa Monica and Virgil was “Los Feliz.” Now they’re saying this shooting near Melrose Avenue and the Hollywood Freeway was in West Los Angeles? They’re either map-phobic or idiots. Or both.

Both crimes occurred in EAST HOLLYWOOD.

5. victor says:

6 months ago I culdnt even spell jurnalist and now I are one

6. Westside hooligan says:

West LA? 101 goes through West LA, did not know that.

7. Jeanette Natoli says:

I’m actually a little disappointed that the article portion did not include the exact street and city block number so I could locate it in google. I was driving around that area all morning, but I can’t be sure if I passed the crime scene without knowing. Aside from the unlikely event that I might have seen something of interest to authorities, I live near the area and it would be nice to know exactly where heinous crimes are occurring in my neighborhood.

8. anonymous says:

WHERE IT HAPPENED IS NOT IMPORTANT,WHAT IMPORTANT IS THAT THERE WERE WITNESSES AND NO ONE WOULD COME FORWARD. WHEN I WITNESS SOMTHING I ALWAYS CAME FORWARD, HOPEING THAT ONEDAY SOMEONE WOULD DO THE SAME FOR ME IF SOMTHING LIKE THAT WOULD HAPPEN TO ME.

9. The Big Logic says:

American style activity.

10. speechless says:

Are you kidding me? A couple just standing in their driveway gets blasted in the face… This is beyond sickening. For people to commit such cowardly crimes like this, rotting in prison and burning in hell for eternity is not enough.