Hesperia Man Accused Of Throwing Rocks, Railroad Spikes At I-15 Traffic

HESPERIA (AP) — Investigators say a California man is in jail for throwing rocks and railroad spikes at vehicles traveling on Interstate 15 in the Mojave Desert.

San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies say eight motorists reported attacks at about 2:10 a.m. Saturday. A man was cut, a woman got glass in her eyes and a boy was wounded on a leg.

The San Bernardino County Suns says deputies searched Union Pacific railroad tracks near the freeway and tracked footprints to a Hesperia home, where 22-year-old Jacob Witt was arrested and booked for investigation of throwing substances at a vehicle and causing injuries.

1. mister s says:

Similar thing happened over a year ago on the 210 @the 118. The idiots were throwing rocks though around 1030pm on various nights. Did $800 in damage to my new car and they got away. Far as I know, nobody was ever arrested. Had my wife been with me she would have been badly injured.

1. Ben says:

Idiots always do these kinds of things in the middle of the night. Nothing but cowards

2. CAB says:

Learn how to spell….idiot!

3. Borsia Novak says:

He should be charged with attempted murder and sent up for 20 years.

4. 1stman says:

You white criminals like sticking together don’t you?

5. TheWindrunner says:

Those american stylers killed some people if I remember correctly which was their intent, this guy was maybe just a drugged up loon.

6. The Big Logic says:

Not nearly as bad as those two american style kneegrows from about 10 years ago that were firing a rifle on the east coast. I think they killed a couple people. This was just some drugged up idiot, while those american stylers were serious.