TSA Worker Allegedly Steals Items From Passengers’ Bags

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A 37-year-old Transportation Security Administration worker at Los Angeles International Airport was arrested Thursday on suspicion of stealing items from passengers’ bags, police said.

Paul Yashou was arrested by members of a task force investigating thefts at the airport.

“TSA has a zero tolerance for theft and will work with authorities to hold our employees accountable,” TSA Los Angeles International Airport Federal Security Director Randy Parsons said. “TSA will assist in prosecuting any employee caught violating the public trust to the fullest extent of the law.”

Yashou is being held in lieu of $20,000 bail.

Comments

1. Charlie says:

Come on now, first you guys don’t want me to frisk (feel) your private parts, now I can’t keep a few souvenirs ???

2. James says:

I can just imagine the conversation when they first busted him: “Who, me?” “Yashou.”

1. Scott says:

James, your post made my day! Good one!!

3. Michael says:

I just hope HIS junk was violated when he was arrested!!!

4. Scott says:

LOL Michael! They found all the junk in the trunk!!

5. Scott says:

Others could be heard saying “God bless you” after agents called is name out lound…

6. Mary Elizabeth says:

James -that was cute – good eye to catch that. I am flying from LAX Sunday and all they are going to find in my bag is old chonies, 5 pairs of shorts, 7 blouses, 4 bras and my IPOD charger. I outgrew the thong and at 43 wear grannie chonnies now – he is more than welcome to walk off with those if he feels the need to steal.

7. Bill Fisher says:

This makes thirty-one screeners arrested since December. So far, nine screeners have been arrested for stealing in excess of $700K in cash and goods from passengers. Five arrests were for child sex crimes, including two rapes of children. This agency is a colossal failure and endangers passengers far more than Al Qaeda. They hire known criminals and expose law-abiding citizens to scrutiny and abuse by these thugs. Everyone needs to call or write their Representative and tell them to rein in this agency or look for a new job come next election.