CHiPs For Kids: Come drop off a new, unwrapped toy to the Citadel Outlets from 11a-6p! | Holiday Toy Drive Drop-Off Locations | Photo Gallery

McCourt Apologizes For ‘Embarrassment’ Of Owning Seven Homes

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A very public and drawn-out divorce battle between Frank and Jamie McCourt may not only force the estranged couple to sell the Dodgers, but also underscores the lavish lifestyle choices of perhaps the city’s most infamous couple.

As the McCourts continue to dispute the ownership of the team in court, a judge’s decision to divide their assets may leave the future of the L.A. Marathon in doubt after it was acquired by Frank nearly three years ago.

KNX 1070’s John Brooks reports the unprofitable race earned $5 million in revenue last year — a number that pales compared with the McCourt’s total net worth.

In addition to their business holdings, the couple also owns seven homes, a fact that Frank recently bemoaned publicly.

“I’m sorry of certain lifestyle decisions that I’ve made, I’m sorry that I’ve been a source of embarrassment,” said McCourt.

Jamie McCourt claims the couple’s joint worth is an estimated $1.2 billion, most of which is tied up in property holdings.

The couple held settlement talks for nearly four hours on Wednesday, and will resume negotiations next week

Comments

1. Speechless says:

1.2 Billion Dollars.. Wow.. But he can’t make payroll for the Dodgers? Bryan Stow is fighting for his life because the McCourt need million dollar homes instead of providing security for Dodgers Stadium. I’m glad the Stow Family is suing them… Sad.. He should be embarrassed… he’s only embarrassed cause his business is out on the table .

2. DamSon says:

Yo Frank, if you’re reading this.

Hook me up with one of those homes, I’ll maintain it for sure.

3. Phiilip says:

You would have never done to The Red Sox what you pulled with The Dodgers. Tired of hearing about you in the media as I am sure you are tired of living it. Just leave at your own chosen speed with all remaining dignity. No hard feelings, just leave.

4. Marco says:

He owns the LA Marathon?

Wow.

5. Not a Moron says:

Now we know why one hot dog and a beer costs $20. Last time I was at Dodger Stadium I vowed it would be the last, and it was – the McCourt’s price gouging made Disneyland look like a bargain. Guess they were trying to get ready to pay all their attorney’s fees!

6. James Matsukov says:

Too late now you greedy bas#$%^. Why didn’t you have better security at Dodger Stadium. I hope your wife takes you for all you have.