Former UFC Champ Lesnar Has Surgery For Digestive Disorder
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Former UFC heavyweight champion and University of Minnesota wrestler Brock Lesnar has undergone surgery to address a digestive disorder.
Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White told reporters in Las Vegas on Saturday night after the UFC 130 event that Lesnar’s surgery was successful and that doctors removed part of his colon. White said he hopes to have Lesnar back in action around the beginning of 2012.
Lesnar withdrew recently from a mixed martial arts bout in June because of diverticulitis, which also required hospitalization and kept him out for a full year from 2009 to 2010.
The 33-year-old Lesnar said earlier this month the digestive disorder is not as serious this time, simply a “bump in the road.” His UFC record is 5-2.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)