1 Killed, 2 Injured In Santa Clarita Crash

SANTA CLARITA (CBS) — A woman was killed Saturday and two men were critically injured in a single-vehicle crash in Santa Clarita, a sheriff’s lieutenant said.

The early-morning accident involving a 2001 Toyota Corolla took place on eastbound Soledad Canyon, east of Langside Avenue, Lt. Joe Efflandt of the sheriff’s Santa Clarita Valley station said.

According to Efflandt, a 2001 Toyota Corolla in the No. 2 lane swerved to the left and struck the center median and then a tree before stopping. The woman died at the scene.

Paramedics rushed the two men to Henry Mayo Memorial Hospital where they were listed in critical condition.

Witnesses to the accident are asked to contact the sheriff’s Santa Clarita Valley station’s Traffic Office at (661) 799-5112.

Comments

1. jennifer says:

i drove past this accident on my way to work this moring my heart goes out to those who are fighting for their live and the family who list a mom or sister or daugth today as well

2. logelly says:

I too drove by this and what a horrible accident my prays go out to all the families invovled.

3. luis says:

i hear that people are saying. the boy was driving. and he change the body place . ( the girl body)

1. marco says:

do you know anything else?…i happen to know the girl’s sister.

1. Anna says:

my friend was driving ru=ight behind her those rumors need to stop changing bodies thats so ridiculous who ever said that

2. MICHELLE says:

ALL THE RUMORS NEED TO STOP! NOBODY IS TO BLAME FOR YOLANDAS DEATH! SHE WAS DRIVING AND NOBODY IN THAT CAR WAS ABLE TO MOVE AT ALL! WE THANK GOOD FOR THOSE WHO SERVIVED IT! I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT BEHIND HER! MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HER FAMILY AND HER LIL BOY!

4. janeth says:

YOLANDA DESCANZA EN PAZ

1. ANNA says:

MY CONDOLENCES TO ALL THE FAMILIES

5. DJ says:

drove by this accident while traveling to the central coast on sat,could not understand how a car can get so mangled up..it was horrible.made me drive slower during our day trip,all I could do is think about the family of these people all day.my heart goes out to you

6. MICHELLE says:

SOME TIMES GOD WORKS IN WEIRD WAYS! YOLANDA MADE A BIG IMPACT IN MY LIFE! I PRAY FOR HER SOUL HER FAMILY AND FOR OUR FRIENDS THT ARE IN THE HOSPITAL FIGHTING FOR THERE LIVES! AM THANKFUL AM A LIVE AND WELL!

7. Paul Rivas says:

my heart goes out to the families, i was on my way to work and i had my 6 n 7 yr olds with me and they wer in shok to see how smashed this car was and then to see body on the side..once again my heart goes out to the familes