Man Tries To Save Baby From Apple Valley Apartment Fire
The fire broke out Friday morning at the family’s apartment on Broken Bow Road near Highway 18. The child, 11-month-old Bradley Dingham, died almost 24 hours later at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
Paul Galaviz, who lives across the street, saw the smoke and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He ran into the home and followed the baby’s screams through the smoke and put the fire out.
The 11-month-old was airlifted to a hospital where he died.
“It’s heartbreaking, heartbreaking to know that that child lost its life for something that somebody could have helped him… somebody here could have helped him, there was three adults here,” Galaviz said.
Neighbors say a woman and her child were living in the apartment with Bradley and his parents at the time.
Sheriff’s homicide investigators are teaming up with the bomb and arson squad to investigate the fire and child’s death.