Neighbors Mourn 11-Month-Old Boy Killed In Apple Valley House Fire

APPLE VALLEY (CBS) — Police and fire officials are both investigating a fire in Apple Valley Friday that claimed the life of an 11-month-old boy.

Authorities say the boy was severely burned.

Neighbors are shocked and stunned by the little boy’s death.

While they try to form words to discuss the tragedy, investigators tell KCAL9’s Suraya Fadel that the fire is suspicious.They are tight-lipped she says, but sheriff’s deputies and homicide and arson detectives have been at the apartment all day.

The fire broke out Friday morning at the family’s Apple Valley apartment on Broken Bow road.

Neighbors identified the deceased as Bradley Dingham and they called him “a little bundle of joy and full of life.”

He was airlifted to a hospital in Burbank where he died.

Witnesses describe hearing smoke alarms go off and the cries of a mother screaming for help.

One neighbor said he tried to fight the flames with an extinguisher. He also tells Fadel that when he entered the room, Dingham”s crib was engulfed in flames.

Comments

1. Nick says:

You people should TALK TO THE POLICE if you know anything, but for god’s sake use common sense and don’t post this here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bryan Conover says:

Sheriff’s Department for Apple Valley
    14931 Dale Evans Parkway
    Apple Valley, California
    92307

Phone:
    (760) 240-7400

1. Barbara says:

Mr. Conover, hello my name is Barbara from Oklahoma. I am Bradley great aunt.
      please could u answer me one question? The neighbor commentment on the police saying the house had drugs (Meth) is that statement true? Why would the police tell anyone about something that turned into a crime scene until the truth comes out?Thanks

3. nerakk says:

You need to go to the police and tell them what you know. These two should not be on the street. I know the police will find something on them, but you giving them more information will help get them behind bars and most likely for a longer period of time. You need to do the right thing for this little guy. He didnt deserve this. RIP little Bradley.

4. stacy says:

Iim confused I also heard that the brother (kid0 beat he baby prior?? How old is the brother??Im confused as to what happened??

5. Amanda says:

This story just sickens me entirely. Poor little baby may you rest in peace and hope you get to play with all the baby angels up there.

6. Use Common Sense, Folks says:

Holy cow, have we not learned proper grammar and punctuation from our many years in school, people? That’s besides the point, but worth commenting. For someone who is having difficulty conceiving a much-desired child, this really upsets me. I, as well as countless couples, would’ve gladly taken this child in if his parents were unfit to care for him. That point, however, is neither mine nor BRITTANY’S to prove. That’ll be up to the investigators of this case. But as one commenter already said, it is quite foolish for BRITTANY to be posting any knowledge or information she has about this little boy and his family here in this forum. That only goes to show her young age OR her flat-out immaturity.

1. Use Common Sense, Folks says:

Well, now I can see where BRITTANY gets her stupidity, not just in her grammar and punctuation but also in her use of common sense. It’s sad that you couldn’t have taught her something more valuable in life, MOMOF3. She may be heartbroken, and I’m sure she is, but it’s still not wise for her to be saying the things that she’s saying here in this public forum. She should be saving it for the investigators. Maybe she’s already told them all she knows…. maybe she hasn’t. I don’t care. But seeing as how she’s a carbon copy of her mom, you might want to encourage your daughter to zip it. Her being heartbroken should have no bearing on whether she is capable of being responsible in this investigation or not. One more thing…. the comments here absolutely should be about the little baby boy. But YOUR daughter (BRITTANY) came on here and started spouting things she never should have. What do you expect people to do when they read her verbal vomit? Not respond? Give me a break.

7. Brittany says:

ok since some people on here want to say that im not sayin anything about this beautiful ange that lost his life(even though im not the only one) i will say this. I have known this baby since he was 2 months old. The baby was full of life and was always happy when he was round me. I spent alot of time with him and enjoyed every minute of it. I took him to the lake, took him to the park, and even took him to the store where people asked me if he was mine…. This baby was very cute and funny u told him to make his funny face he did it, a very smart baby he was. His first words were dada…. My daughter loved this baby very much to…. Everytime she saw him she would call him handsome bradley…. I wish i could post pics on here cause i have pics of my daughter feeding him his bottle… The picture that is on here right now(the one they say was provided by a neighbor) i provided that picture… I wish i could say more but this baby was taken from this world way to soon that i have nothing left to say but he will be dearly missed and never forgotten love you bradley and may u r.i.p

8. DaveNYUSA says:

Let’s not jump to conclusions here, folks. Cops are not the smartest people on the planet!

9. DaveNYUSA says:

Granny needs to chill!

10. Barbara says:

Hello, My name is Barbara from Oklahoma. I am Bradley’s great Aunt!!! U people need to stop with ur nasty comments and let the police do their jjob that they get paid for. This is a sad tragedy for alot of us back here in Oklahoma. Brittany u really knew that my neice was a BIG METH HEAD WHY DIDNT YOU CALL IT IN BEFORE THIS TRAGEDY HAPPEN???? BECAUSE YOU DONT’T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.

11. BARBARA says:

U SAY THESE TWO PEOPLE DON’T EVEN NEED TO BE ON THE STREET. WELL YOU NEED TO KEEP UR NASTY COMMENT TO YOURSEF.. LIKE I SAID BEFORE U PEOPLE NEEDS A LIFE OR YOU WOULDN’T BE HATE ON THE PARENTS SO MUCH. TRUST ME I SURE THE HELL NOT HAPPY .ABOUT ITHIS EITHER BUT THIS MOM IS MY NIECE AND BRADLEY IS FAMILY. GO TO WORK AND BE THE MOM’S THAT U NEED TO BE AND STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING… UNLESS U WERE SMOKING ON THAT PIPE WITH THEM. DID YOU SEE THEM SMOKING IT?? MAYBE U GUYS ARE THE METH HEADS TRYNG TO KEEP THE POLICE FROM YOUR HOUSE.I

12. BARBARA says:

BRITTANY SINCE U KNOW THE TRUTH WHY DIDNT DO ANYTHING BEFORE LITTLE BRADLEY LOST HIS LIFE??????? SINCE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING

13. BARBARA says:

NO U NUEED TO KEEP UR DAMN MOUTH SHUT AS MS MOTHER OF THE YEAR U THINK..

14. barbara says:

Robyn, U hit it right on the head if she was more than a mother to litlle Bradley she would had done something before his life was taking away .. Thanks Robyn I am Bradley Aunt in Oklahoma.. and this lady callls herself a good mom.. LOL. everyone should be able to read what kind of mom she is by running her mouth… Good for you

15. Stacy says:

Wheres the parents? Why is this babysitter all over the news? Who is she? Why is she in all the business? An arrests? Like I asked before I heard t was a family ember that lit the fire. I dont want to hear about Brittany I want facts

16. Fed.up says:

THANK YOU! I reported all her comments on this page calling the parents meth heads. Her stories weren’t adding up. She at first knew but had no proof then denied knowing they did drugs until after the fire. . . that she learned from the cops, BULL. Sorry, I have had family tragedies, not like this but still, a tragedy and there was someone always there to start rumors, all for the sake of attention. Some people may not get their 15 minutes of fame but they will find it in other ways if just for a second. Don’t deny it “babysitter” you kept asking for everyone to ask you what happened because you knew the “truth.” Doesn’t state anywhere in the news that you were in the apt.

17. fedup2 says:

i am so glad someone has stepped up and said something to this excuse of person. the things she said disgusted me to the core and i couldn’t help but feel terrible for the family of poor Bradley that had to hear those things.she knows nothing more than anyone else does. seeing her face in the news paper frustrates me because that is what she wants. its all about the attention. she has no job, no life and nothing to do but make this about her. little Bradley and his family are in my prayers and i hope justice is served to whoever, if anyone, who did his to him. thank you voiceforbradley for saying something when no one, including myself did not and i am sorry for your loss

18. dnthvtime4this says:

Two Comments~ One for Use Common Sense, Folks
    You are WAY off!!!! Momof3 is NOT Brittany’s mom. I dont know where you get your information, but you have that one all wrong. Go back & get the facts first before you open your mouth!!!!
    Second comment is for ~ voiceforbradley
    You too are WAY off!!!! Grammaof5 was not at Luke & Alicia’s apt complex on the date you mention. She actually works 8 hrs a day 5 days a week. So before you go pointing fingers you need to get your facts straight also.

1. fed.up says:

I’m guessing you are a friend of Brittany’s since you are trying to stand up for her. She may have been “WAY off” that her mother was not there but she was at the complex during the week. So maybe she was telling the truth, hmm. I agree with you on “The ONLY ones who know the truth about what happened that very sad that Bradley lost his life are: GOD Bradley And who ever started the fire.” Please report that back to Brittany before she goes ranting like an idiot and calling people murderers.

19. dnthvtime4this says:

The ONLY ones who know the truth about what happen that very sad that Bradley lost his life are:
    GOD
    Bradley
    And who ever started the fire

20. lycia says:

why did they run past his room and then run outside, instead of tryin to get the baby out