Man, 20, Fatally Shot In South Los Angeles

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A 20-year-old man was fatally shot shortly after 5 p.m. near Jefferson and Crenshaw boulevards in the Jefferson Park area, according to police.

Cleon Joseph of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Media Relations Section says two suspects approached the victim and shot him in the chest.

It is not clear if the suspects were on foot or in a vehicle, Joseph said.

The unidentified victim was taken to a hospital where he was declared dead.

Comments

1. lisa says:

did the police capture the suspects?

2. lisa says:

why are the cops still here.. and the streets still closed?

3. zagwee says:

These stupid gangstas are getting out of control. Gang members and gangsta wannabees should be shot on site.

1. Really says:

That’s because the police are too worried about issuing tickets due to revenue pressures instead of using their resources to patrol gang areas; however, once the shooting occurs, you’ll see 20 cop cars in the area.

4. AJ Morgan says:

It’s time to bring the National Guard in to take these cowardly gang banging pieces of excrement down. How many people have to die before the WH realises we have a war at home to win before going off to fix the problems happening in other nations?

1. Really says:

Agreed, AJ.

5. Just a Thought says:

How many OIS’s does this make in the last 2 weeks?

1. Mel Gibson says:

How is this an OIS? Duhh??

2. Fred says:

This was not an OIS – two unidentified males approached the victim and shot him twice in the chest

On another note, the news reported yesterday afternoon that the victim was alert and responsive when paramedics arrived on site – the news helicopter even captured an image of the young man as he was being loaded into the ambulance.
      it’s so strange how change so badly, so quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with his family…

1. Seek GOD says:

My prayers also go out to the family. I was at the red light when I heard the shots and seen the young man, someone’s son and maybe even father laying in the street laying in a fetal position as the assailants’ ran off on foot. The image will not leave my mind. We need to seek the face of GOD. I could not wait to get home and embrace my children. Minorities’ are playing into the hands of the enemy and I pray that justice will be served. More importantly, you cannot hide from GOD who is the true judge.

6. Dr.Dre Cube Weezy Flacka says:

Seems like I’ve been reading a lot of these articles lately. Gang violence is back, next thing you know we’ll be seeing early 90’s numbers.

7. bendex says:

DR. DRE THE LAPD AND THE NATIONAL GUARDS, NEED TO START PATROLING THE STREETS.THE TAX PAYERS. SHOULD,NT PAT THEM JUST TO TRAIN FOR WAR ELSEWERE THIS HAPPENING IN OUR OWNE BACK YARDS. OR IS THE GOVERMENT GOING TO WAIT UNTILL THE YEAR 2045. TO DO SOME THING.

8. char says:

i love u bam kirk you will b misse

9. claire says:

love u allways kirk, u will be in my heart forever and the heart of our beautifull daughter karissa! i thank God that I have her so that i can look at her and be reminded of u!

1. simon says:

im sorry about your loss claire. if you have any info on a funeral or anything i would like to join and do whatever i can. please let me know you can email me at simonahdout90@yahoo.com

10. thanha says:

iI never had a chance to meet you Kirk but you have a beautiful daughter! ….. Rest In Paradise….