Bucs Decline Invite From HBO To Be Featured On ‘Hard Knocks’

TAMPA, Fla. (AP)— The Buccaneers have said no to HBO.

Tampa Bay has declined an invitation to be featured on the cable TV network’s next edition of “Hard Knocks,” the team said on its Twitter account Monday.

 “We have respectfully declined this year’s `Hard Knocks’ invitation,” the team announced.

“Wonderful show, but the team wants to keep the focus on the field in 2011.” Tampa Bay went from 3-13 in 2009 to 10-6 last season and has a strong core of young players led by quarterback Josh Freeman(notes), receiver Mike Williams and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy(notes).

“Hard Knocks” won three Sports Emmys for its portrayal of the New York Jets in last year’s series. The show has been on the air intermittently since its debut in 2001 with the Baltimore Ravens.

In subsequent years, the Dallas Cowboys (2002 and 2008), Kansas City Chiefs (2007), Cincinnati Bengals (2009) and Jets have been spotlighted.

“Finding and selecting a team for `Hard Knocks’ each year is a process,” HBO spokesman Ray Stallone said. “We remain optimistic.”

Comments

One Comment

  1. Dan says:

    This is a great show – I hope they find a team that is willing to be featured

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live