He’s The Man! Kutcher To Join Cast Of ‘Two And A Half Men’

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — CBS and Warner Bros. Television have announced that actor Ashton Kutcher will join the cast of the hit comedy, Two and a Half Men.

“I can’t wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers’ homes,” Kutcher said. “I can’t replace Charlie Sheen but I’m going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!”

Sheen was fired from the sitcom in March after he made disparaging remarks about the show’s creator and executive producer, Chuck Lorre, while appearing on a radio show.

“We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family,” Lorre said. “Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it’d be illegal.”

“Ashton is a pop culture triple threat-film star, cutting-edge producer and a social media pioneer,” said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. “He brings creativity, energy and personality to everything he touches. We are thrilled to have him, and excited beyond words for what he brings to the next season of Two and a Half Men.”

1. jgadd says:

I cannot stand Kutcher and neither can my family. Will not be watching once you put him on the show. Thank goodness for re runs.

1. Ron says:

Come on Charlie, use your real name. You are finished, you “BLEW” the best thing you ever had !!!

Welcome Ashton, we all look forward to seeing you, make this great show even better !!!

2. Who Cares says:

Not sure they really care about what you or your family thinks.

3. LES says:

2. TT says:

Sad to see Charlie go – But very excited to see such a good choice of character !!! Good Luck Ashton !! I Cant Wait To See This !!!!! I love the
    show,watch all the reruns……Hope all goes well 🙂

1. anne Ab er says:

cbad choice …….I do not like ashton…..where was hugh grant? He would have been soooooooo right….Sad to see charlie go..loved the show with him in it….

1. hk says:

Hugh Grant would have been perfect!!

3. HK says:

really dumb move…..really dumb.

4. EMW says:

I don’t really think they will get an increase in audience, because they will lose some viewers, but gain new ones… So its going to balance out.

I never watch one episode, and i’m not a huge Kutcher fan, but i’m curious to see how they will introduce the new character so i’m going to tune in!

1. velvet says:

now, i feel sorry for jon cryer. he will be eclipsed by the overacting of kutcher.

5. no mas says:

Yuk. There is nothing funny about Ashton Kutcher nor is he a talented actor like Sheen or Hugh Grant. Too Fn Bad. Was a good show.

6. LT says:

Another wash-up actor, this guy has zero charisma it’s like watching grass grow.
    The show is done.

7. alan hart says:

Big mistake. This is a lead in show for the rest of the night. With Kutcher in the cast, no one will be watching. This gives a great opportunity to the other networks to take over the night!

8. Great Wazoo says:

Awful choice. Replacing a great actor with a clown. DUMB!!!!!!
    I will never watch this.

9. John Andrews says:

That should kill the show.. That dude does not have #TIGERBLOOD

10. diana says:

Not fair to Ashton…. The show is nothing without Charlie Sheen! TEAM CHARLIE ALL THE WAY!!!!

11. diana says:

RE-RUNS for me!

12. Dee says:

Personally, I think it’s a great choice….as humans we are very resistant to change. Give Aston a chance before you negate the show!
    He is very funny and people they are acting !!! Dah

13. hk says:

Doesn’t make any sense. This changes the whole dynamic of the show. Can’t call the show “2 and a half men” anymore. There missing 1 man. New title….”1 and 3/4 men”…idk.

14. citizen says:

OMG! Horrible choice! You got to be kidding! He is not even funny………….

15. Acemano says:

Ashton Stinks. Prime example: “No Strings Attached”. Worst acting ever. Not even oscar winning portman could save his sorry performance.

16. estella godinez says:

Boy, major disappointment in your choice of replacement. I could have seen a
    more matured & funny actor like Robert Downey jr., doing it . I watched kutcher in the 70’s show, but I’ve matured and seriously ,don’t ever watch the reruns.
    Sorry, but I’ll never watch it. Its like throwing a wrench in the gears. No wonder
    Charlie talks smack about the director & producers. shame, shame, shame!!!!!

17. ginny says:

I quit watching the show about 2 years ago because Sheen was just being Sheen. The rest of the actors I did enjoy but they always seemed to be the minor player is the show. I will be glad to give it another chance to pull me back with him gone and Kurtcher coming in. Should be interesting to see how they develop the new show format based on the change in actors. Never start out being closed minded, all of those saying no might just be surprised. We’ll all have to wait and see.

18. Melanie says:

I think it’s a great choice. They needed a big name to help this show out.

19. none says:

The show won’t last much longer now. Ashton it to young to play the brother much less the uncle. I know he is good but not that good.

20. Ez Va says:

I would really like to meet Kutcher so that I could punch him in the face. He is so immature and obnoxious.
    I hate his “Punk’d” show and think that he should be sued by his celebrity victims for infliction of malicious emotional stress.

I don’t expect Two and a Half Men to last a complete season with Kuthcher in it. Although Sheen will be missed the real brilliance to this show has always been the writing and the superb ensemble cast.

Out of curiosity I will watch to see the first episodes and it is always great to see, Holland Taylor, Conchata Ferrell, Angus T. Jones, Melanie Lindskey and Marin Hinkle. Besides an outstanding principle cast the pruducers have always found the best quests. I don’t imagine that we will see Jennifer Taylor anymore and she will be missed.

It would be a tremendoud mistake to have Kutcher try to play “Charlie”, even if he was a good actor, which he is not. He is merely an obnoxious, juvenile, loud mouth. He is significantly younger than Sheen, so I imagine that the writers are creating a new character for Kutcher to play on the show. Sometimes the focus of a show can shift to another character when the main star departs. It probably wouldn’t be Alan as Cryer’s character is such a whimpy little sleezeball that I don’t think that making him the main focus of the show would work. Jones is remakable, I don’t think that his character could carry the show as the central character. Even if this could work it would require shiften the audience to a younger demographic.

I’ll really miss Two and a Half Men, but it had a decent run and perhaps the best thing to do would have to just let it go. Even better than that would have been for the producers to ignor everything about Sheen’s behavior and statements every where else except on the set.

1. EM says:

I will miss Two and a Half Men also. It was a great show!

21. Jo Ann says:

Nice, Nice, Nice choice!!!! The dynamics of the show may change, but finally something for the ladies to look at.

22. bdj says:

I did not watch the show with Charlie, I’m not going to watch it with Ashton.

23. EM says:

Are you serious?? Clearly this is a very bad choice. Sheen and Cryer have awesome chemistry, that is why the show worked! To stick ashton in there and hope for the best was a desparate move. WARNER BROS. IS SHOWING THAT IT TOO IS TROUBLED INTERNALLY BY IT’S DECISION OF TURNING THE #1 SHOW ON TV INTO A JOKE!
    I have no sympathy for aston. True he was poorly advised, but he really, really wanted this badly too and chose to make this mistake. So be it.
    Now the show’s audience will be entirely different and the Two and a Half Men fans are left alienated.

24. socalsteve57 says:

this show is done.. Sheen was the show…..!

25. Johnny Hola says:

I don’t think A.K. is even funny. I didn’t care for him in his last sitcom.
    What a loss of a damn funny program. I wont be watching it any longer.
    It’s all about ego… So what if the show was funniest ever, right?

26. TV Addict says:

I have yet to talk to someone who thinks Kutcher is a good choice. Once again the dopey corporate suits make a huge blunder. Bye bye show.

27. bolognafish says:

Bad choice!!
    Why didn’t the producers and execs at CBS ask the fans to
    vote on who should replace Sheen???
    Now this poor decision and the impending failure
    of this show is now their responsibility…
    What a shame!!
    Sayonara Two and a half men…

28. Nico says:

@Ron. Ashton and you are buffoons. The show will fail

29. kellyanne says:

I HOPE and PRAY that the show takes off w/o Sheen, he is a pompas ass and needs to see that he IS REPLACEABLE….. Ashton should be a perfect fit…xxoo

30. kellyanne says:

All of the Sheen fans are prob just low class junkies like Sheen who cannot get out of his own way… eveyone seems to forget how F’n funny Ashton was on That 70’s show and how it crumbled when he left…
    Give it a chance people… I am sure the producers KNOW what they are doin… they did it once they can do it again…. F’ Sheen he is such a preverted drugged out junkie loser!!!

31. Rose says:

what the hell you are thinking this guy is a lousy actor put mr sheen back on the show give him another chance

32. Jacqueline Korteland Boller says:

I’d rather have Donny Osmond!

33. Dee says:

Give Asthon a chance. Charlie Sheen was no longer acting the part. He had inserted his own life into the roll of Charlie Harper. Charlie Haper had become Charlie Sheen. Now we will see all the actors really acting the parts Lorre wrote.the script for.

34. Carol says:

I think Ashton should be introduced as Charlie’s son from one of his many sexual encounters(perhaps the teacher he said he’d hooked up with while a young guy). Of course Charlie’s character will have to be knocked off in order for his long lost son to inherit his estate.

1. Ron says:

Carol, very good idea.

35. Jana says:

I am a female, and love 3 and a half men… so for the lady making that statement “something for the ladies to watch” ..not all of us like butterflies and sunshine. I think Ashton’s humor may be too juvenile for the show. Charlie was awesome. Contrary to ones statement above..I am not white trash, but actually come from a well off family, because I enjoy twisted humor doesn’t make me trash. I find it sad that the media focused on him..even though you see actors dying of overdoses and addictions that were never criticized. Go ahead and judge him.. since I am sure all of you are just 100% perfect. Maybe we should all look at things in our life we can change instead of criticizing these actors that have problems just like the rest of us. No I don’t use drugs nor am I addicted to anything. Just a person that realizes who actually cares about people no matter what issues they have.

36. Ron says:

Charlie showed his true colors and he is NOT a nice person. His biting the hand that fed him, was the final straw. If he was unhappy, he should have left, instead of saying the bad things about the people, that put him in a position to be the highest paid actor for a series. He was no longer a lovable drunk, he was a vile drunk and drug abuser. Just look at what it did for Jeff Conway

We are not all perfect, but the term for nice people like you, is ENABLER. And if Charlie continues to have his unrealistic, invincible attitude toward drugs, someday we will see his name, in the OBITUARY column too.