Alleged Pistol Packin’ Granny Arrested In Fontana

FONTANA (CBS) — Police say the woman believed to be an elderly armed robber, suspected of holding up Southern California women at gunpoint was arrested Wednesday.

KNX 1070’s Ed MErtz reports.

granny bandit Alleged Pistol Packin Granny Arrested In Fontana

Dodi Wasbotten, 51, was accused of being the Granny Bandit. (credit: CBS)

Fontana police say the woman was arrested sometime between 1 p.m. and 1:30p.m. near the 15 Freeway. Authorities interviewed the suspect that afternoon, but won’t say if the woman was arrested during the commission of a crime.

The suspect was later identified as 51-year-old Dodi Wasbotten.

Earlier Wednesday, Fontana police said a robber dressed in a baggy dress with a colorful scarf around her head stole a woman’s purse outside of a Target store.

Officials said that a woman and her child were in the parking lot at about 9:45 a.m. when the woman robbed her and drove away.

She staged a failed purse holdup on Tuesday and two successful heists on Sunday and Monday outside stores, authorities said.

  • white


  • Mr. V

    Even sweet old grannies can kill when they are pointing a loaded gun at you…then they are not so cute, and are slimebags just like any other armed robber.

  • California will be part of Mexico by 2025

    She was once young too. So if her criminal activities started at a young age, it’ll eventually catch up to ’em later on too.

    Her Social Security checks probably not enough to buy food/rent/bills.

    Only 20% of Americans have some sort of savings, the other 80%? I feel sorry for the other 80% of Americans..


    She became too desperate & predictable to rob people on a daily basis.

  • Pistol Packin? Granny Arrested In Fontana | Los Angeles for Me

    […] Police say an elderly woman suspected of robbing Southern California women at gunpoint was arrested Wednesday. More from:… […]

  • Bite Me

    At 51, she’s a long ways from retirement. No Social Security anytime soon.

  • kgoddess

    51 is “elderly”?? Middle-aged is more like it

  • Ilookgr8

    I am a 51 year old women and don’t look like as old as the women arrested!

  • i See!

    Damn illegal immigrants!

    Send her back to Mexico!

    With a name like “Dodi Wasbotten”, you know she crossed the border illegally!

  • i See!


    Lets see how good looking you are sweetie

  • Nation Briefs | girls images

    […] Pistol Packin' Granny Arrested In Fontana « CBS Los Angeles […]

  • Stage Props Weapons | THEATRICAL MEMORIES

    […] even though they don’t use traditional bullets. If you are in search of your next or first pistol then the best place to start that search is right here at […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Sandwich Generation

Listen Live