Motorcyclist Killed In Crash With SUV On 110 Freeway

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A motorcyclist was killed Friday morning in a crash involving an SUV on the southbound 110 Freeway in Highland Park.

The crash took place at 2 a.m. north of York Boulevard, California Highway Patrol Officer Patrick Kimball said.

The 26-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene, Kimball said.

The driver of the SUV was transported to Huntington Memorial Hospital with unknown injuries, Kimball said.

All southbound lanes were closed while authorities investigated the accident.

Comments

1. pattattySFV says:

I think you meant Thursday morning. RIP motorcycle driver

1. greg says:

no, once the clock goes past 12, it’s the next day, so at 2a.m. would have been Friday. Atty? hope u have an asst to make your appts

2. disdado1001 says:

Why Thursday? Friday has 2 AM like any other day.

2. The Big Logic says:

Driving 2 wheels in darkness on those roads is tempting fate. Even in daylight it’s a high risk venture, but at night you’re pushing the odds.

1. Melusa says:

maybe you should mention something about how drivers should pay more attention to where they are going. Just because this guy chose to drive a motorcycle DOES NOT make it his fault. HELLO, are you in there?!?!!

3. Jerod says:

Very unfortunate to hear. You never realize how small this world is until something nearly hits home. This incident happened to a friend of a close friend of mine. My condolences go out to the victims family, friends, and anyone that is dealing with this loss directly. R.I.P.

4. urprettymami says:

Sorry for the loss of an asylum ryder rip diablo😦

5. Margie says:

He was a friend of the family and also a co-worker of my husband. I cant even imagine of what his mother is feeling, she is currently in Mexico dealing with her sisters death and now this. I grew up in Montecito Heights off Ave 43 and know how dangerouse the 110 freeway can be. Please be careful everyone, my husband rides a Harley and I worry every single day when he is out there. Chuy we are going to miss you very much! RIP

1. Noemi says:

I know exactly how you feel Margie. My son who is also an Asylum rider always worries me everytime he gets on that bike. All we can do is pray for they’re safety & their return back home. May God Bless & Watch over all riders. and give strength to family & friends in the loss of one more Angel sent to heaven. May he R.I.P. – Gone but not forgotten

2. paul mendoza says:

hey margie, my name is paul and if there is anyway i can get info on the funeral info or the family it would be really appreciated, i tried to help him and was on the fence next to the freeway ready to get him out but it was to late, i witnessed it all happen in front of me and it has changed my life in a way that its hard to explain, to a point that i start shaking when i see a motorcycle on the freeway, i live in san pascual. i would really appreciate it

1. Lucy says:

Paul can you please email me, I would really like to talk to you for the sake of the family, the services for our dear friend are today and tomorrow. I can give you the details and really appreciate your presence at the services. you can reach me at lucyluv444@gmail.com.

Thanks

6. Mari says:

I was at the scene. It was horrible. I regret seeing what I saw on the freeway. Those images haunt me. So sorry for their loss.

1. princess says:

how did it happen? I knew him we still cant belive he is dead😦 please reply

2. guerita says:

please reply we really want to know how it happend that family needs answers

3. LORA says:

PLEASE GIVE US DETAILS I’M A FAMILY FRIEND

7. Nick says:

I agree it was horrible too. I happened to drive by right after the accident occured. My condolences to the family.

8. Jeffrey Hunter says:

RIP Diablo didn’t know you but you where friends with people I care about which makes me care about you………..

9. mel penate says:

I was on the freeway right behind the police that was first to arrive on the scene and what i saw was horrible. poor soul

10. Wheezy says:

I also worked in the same building with chuy, he was a good guy…
    He’ll be missed greatly.. R.I.P. Homie…

11. Maria Garcia says:

I KNEW CHUY FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND IT HURTS ME SO MUCH THAT HE IS GONE!!
    I LOVE U CHUY MI DIABLITO!!
    I NEVER GOT TO SAY HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL THE THINGS U DID FOR ME NOW ITS TO LATE!!!
    I WISH HE COULD JUST CALL ME N TELL ME IT WAS ALL A BAD JOKE I PROMISE I WON’T GET MAD!!! :”(

12. norma says:

I live across the street from the freeway, exactly where it happened. I have witnessed many accidents and never have i ever witnessed what i saw so early that morning. It was terrifying! I will never forget and all i kept thinking about today was how tragic this person had to die. It was very disturbing. My heart goes out to his mother and family. RIP chuy

13. gabby says:

this is realy sad i meed him 2 years ago and he was a realy good friend! wherever you are we all are going too miss you we loveu chuy!! (diablo)

14. Rob says:

Terrible tragedy, and I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but the report states he was “traveling at a high rate of speed.” He took a dumb risk and paid the price. I ride on that fwy on a regular basis and even at legal speeds it is dangerous.

15. Leinani Cruz says:

My prayers go out to his familly,friends,loved ones and those who witnessed the accident. I worked with Chuy as well when I worked at Freshpoint. He will be missed, as well as his ear to ear smile. May God rest his soul. I will keep you all in my prayers for this is a difficult time for all of you. Always remember that tomorrow is never a guarentee. God bless you all

16. Arturo Martinez says:

R.I.P Jesus Rodriguez ” El Diablo”
    we miss you and love you