Attorney: Nicolas Cage Won’t Face Charges In New Orleans Arrest

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — An attorney for Nicolas Cage says the actor won’t face criminal charges stemming from his April 16 arrest in New Orleans.

New Orleans police say Cage was arrested in the French Quarter after he grabbed his wife’s arm and pounded on cars in a drunken argument about whether a nearby house was the one they were renting. He was booked with domestic abuse, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness.

Attorney Harry Rosenberg said Friday that the Orleans Parish district attorney’s office refused the charges and no prosecution would occur.

District attorney spokesman Christopher Bowman says prosecutors determined “the conduct did not amount to criminal conduct.”

Cage had been free on $11,000 bond put up by bail bondsman Duane Chapman, known as “Dog the Bounty Hunter” to reality TV fans.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


One Comment

  1. SandiA says:

    Of course he won’t. He’s a celebrity.

  2. HollywoodSaint says:

    WOW!!…a has been and a never was

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio

Listen Live