Find Recipes And More From ‘The Fresh Grocer’ Tony Tantillo

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Does Tony Tantillo know his fruits and veggies? You bet your asparagus, he does.

Tantillo, of course, is the well-known “Fresh Grocer” who appears on stations around the country and locally here on CBS2.

Tantillo, for years, has been extolling the virtues of eating fresh produce…why it’s better for you, how to shop for bargains and how to know when something on the shelf isn’t as fresh as it could be.

Tony also has an Italian food line (hey, Paisano! Next time bring the Web department some samples!) and you can find him on facebook and Twitter.

On his Website, you’ll find shopping tips, nutritional charts, recipes and a lot more. Click here for a link: http://tonytantillo.com/

Comments

1. chris says:

don’t really care what the guy had to say but it’s nice of the reporter to post this nearly two hours AFTER it was broadcast haha.

2. Emma Sabeskis says:

I’ve also been looking for Tony Tantillo’s Sea Bass recipe featured today on Paul Majors & Pat Harvey’s CBS2 news. I’d really like to make that dish but I can’t locate a recipe link for it anywhere on the website.

3. Chris says:

Recipe looked really good. I went to 3 grocery stores in Southern California, Vons, Stater Brothers, Albertsons – no striped bass. Even checked Whole Foods. The last store said they could order for $40 per pound. I think if Tony is going to present East Coast/Regional recipes he should recommend substitutions for main item as needed – otherwise the recipes, as tantalizing as they look are out of reach.

Chris

4. ISELA says:

I WANT TODAY’S CHICKEN RECEPIE…. WHERE CAN I FIND IT???? 5/4/11 THANKS IN ADVANCE.. c=

5. Cheri Torre says:

Another human on the quest for today’s chicken and sausage recipe!!! Thank you

6. lanie says:

me too! Can’t find it either…..still looking

7. Hungry says:

They said todays Recp’ was going to be here, My tummy is growling, and hunting. No Recp’ today. I guess I will check back tomorrow. =)

8. Christine says:

Well, I am also in search of the chicken and sausage recipe. I saw it on channel 9. CBS/KCAL you guys need to get your act together!! There are more channels to watch the news on. I have searched your website and this recipe does not exist!! I will see what NBC and ABC has to offer in the area of food recipes.

1. JOYCE says:

Christine

I agree with you about the website never having what they broadcast. This is not the first time this has happened. I even called the “news” room and they couldn’t find it and suggested that I “dig a little deeper on the web page” HA!

9. JOYCE says:

THEODA SING THANK YOU FOR FINDING THE CHICKEN RECIPE. YOU DID A LOT OF US A BIG FAVOR…BON APPETIT!

10. Melinda Van Treese says:

Dear Tony,
    I would love to have t the receipe featured on today’s news at 5:00 PM. Today is Tuesday May 10th and the dish was a pasta dish with small holed pasta, tomato sauce, Italian wine, carmelized onions and fresh basil. I would so appreciate the receipe. Thank you very much.

11. Kathleen Furino says:

I wanted to make th Flank stea & vegetable reipe i saw today on Kcal 9 but cannot find. They said go to As seen on Tv.Not happening. Surely there is an easier way!!

Kathleen

12. Linda Davis says:

trying to get the receipe for the marinated meat and veggies on May 18, 201. please email this to me.

13. Brett Johnson says:

I’m in the same boat as you I looked for it as well with no luck, well I guess we just have to wing it huh good luck. It looked so good too.
    Desert Hounds Videos

14. Paul says:

Need the beef recipe from today’s segment. Please email me.

15. Gregory says:

I am still looking for the skirt steak recipe from KCAL9 news on 5-18-11. I have been to the “seen on tv” link and no recipe. Can you e-mail me the recipe.

16. Gregory says:

For those looking for the steak dish from 5-18-11, here is the link. It appears that they put it on the CBS New York site, but not ours here in L.A. So, anyway here it is. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/personality/tony-tantillo/

17. Marilyn says:

I would love the recipe for the orrechiette with asparagus. I cannot locate on website. Please e-mail me.

1. Lesann says:

Did you have any luck getting this recipe? I also would love it.

18. Sharon says:

Looked all over and couldn’t find the French Onion Soup recipe for my husband.
    Help

19. mariah says:

Need recipe for Tony Tantillo’s dish viewed on July 1, 2011. It had grilled asparagus, canned artichoke hearts, carrots, onions, lemon juice & jest, with pasta.

1. Lesann says:

I am also still looking for this recipe. Does anyone know where to find it? Thanks!

20. roy says:

This is not a comment but more of a question: How do we know the produce we buy from our grocery stores are GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) or not?

21. Lynn says:

Tony can you provide me with the receipe shown today, July 13,2011 for pasta with brocolli and tomatoes and chicken. I can’t find it on the site. Thanks very much. P.S. I watch you all the time & I think you are great!