Hiker Killed, His Brother Injured In Fall Near Cucamonga Canyon Waterfall

RANCHO CUCAMONGA (AP) — A Southern California man has died and his brother has been injured after they fell about 100 feet while hiking north of Rancho Cucamonga.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department says Monday that 26-year-old Sean Davis died Sunday after the men fell near a waterfall in Cucamonga Canyon.

His 22-year-old brother, Christopher Davis, was able to climb from the canyon floor to a trail, where he was spotted by a hiker who called for medical help.

The younger brother was airlifted to a hospital for treatment of severe leg injuries.

Comments

1. Chris says:

Sorry to hear that…..Warm thoughts for recovery……

2. Dave says:

Terrible news..So sorry

3. Troll Control Monitor says:

@BD McGee…your a total (___!___) and I made a picture so you would really understand what I am calling you……hiking and falling…why are they dorks…Your the dork! Stop trolling and try working…

1. BD McGee says:

Thanks for the tip, loser.
      Now go warm up those fries.

1. shaw says:

The mother of these men is a very dear person to me. How would you feel if someone was writing tacky things as you have…SHOW SOME RESPECT!!!

4. John Neal says:

I ‘ve hiked that canyon many times and its dangerous to inexperienced hikers near that waterfall they should not have passed it from above . take this as a lesson if you are going to hike cucamonga canyon do it next to the stream its fun ,rugged but safe plus you can drink the water

5. Ginia says:

I agree with John Neal. I have always walked in and hiked the stream. I have a lot of fond memories of Cucamonga Canyon. I only got as far as the waterfall and that was fine with me. It was fun jumping in the water for cool off and then drying off while hiking out.

6. Begin says:

These are our friends cousins. Please respect their loss. Unbelievable some lengths people will go through- to be inconsiderate at other peoples loss.😦
    God Speed and heal fully our brother. Please keep this family in your prayers.
    Any good hiking advice of the area is welcomed!😉
    The Begin’s~
    San Dimas

1. Nyree Shaw says:

Please give Kim our deepest sympathy. She was my son and daughters teacher for several years. Our prayers are with the entire Davis family. No one should ever know what it feels like to loose a child.

Nyree, Steven and Victoria Shaw

7. RYAN DYER says:

SEAN YOU WILL DEARLY BE MISSED! FROM ONE CHILDHOOD BROTHER TO ANOTHER YOUR HOPE AND SPIRIT WILL BE PASSED ON THROUGH WARM HEARTS AND SMILING FACES. REST IN PEACE BROTHER!!!

CHRIS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVENT SEEN YOU SINCE YOU WERE ABOUT 6 I HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND PULL THROUGH EVERYTHING. ITS WHAT SEAN WOULD HAVE WANTED!!!!
    RYAN DYER

8. Matthew zamesnik says:

I love you Sean and chris we had a lot of fun together Sean I will miss u brother and Chris your in my prayers much love Kim and Carl and kaylie

9. Matthew zamesnik says:

I love you Sean and chris ur my brothers and part of my family we had a lot of fun and memories together Sean I will miss u brother and Chris your in my prayers much love Kim and Carl and kaylie

10. Marshall Epperson says:

This is a tragic loss for all who knew Sean as well as those who would meet him some day. Many good times with Sean, Trever, my other kids and the rest of the gang have been enjoyed. Chris I pray for a speedy recovery for you. I have been praying you and your dad, mom and sister since I heard the news. If I can be any help in anyway please give me a call. Marshall

11. Loving Friend says:

Dear readers,
    The men in this article are the sons of my friend. They are a wonderful family and deserve nothing but respect, prayers and your loving comments. Please be respectful to the family…imagine if it were your loved ones. I for one am on my knees praying for the family. I am also praying for the people with callous attitudes toward the sufferings of others. God bless the Davis family †

12. brad says:

If the city of Rancho Cucamonga would let hikers enter the creek from the wash like we used to, we wouldnt have to climb down sketchy hills in order to enjoy mother nature. I was threatened with a thousand dollar fine for entering through the wash (below the creek) because the city fears someone will start a forrest fire. Now what is more important? Giving hikers safe access to the hiking trail, or forcing us to climb down 100ft cliffs. Sean would still be here if we were allowed to get to the creek from below like we used to. The only thing I can hope for is that this tragedy brings our city to their senses and lets us hike where its safe. RIP sean.