Gang Member’s Tattoo Solves 2004 Murder, Leads To Conviction

NORWALK (AP) — A Southern California gang member who had a murder storyboard tattooed on his chest has been convicted for killing a gang rival.

Twenty-five-year-old Anthony Garcia was convicted Wednesday of first-degree murder and shooting at an occupied vehicle.

Garcia’s tattoo detailed the shooting of 23-year-old John Juarez in Pico Rivera on Jan. 23, 2004.

The case had turned stale until Los Angeles County sheriff’s homicide investigator Kevin Lloyd saw a photo of Garcia’s tattoo and recognized the crime and details of the killing because he was a station sergeant in Pico Rivera at the time.

Garcia faces 65 years to life when he is sentenced on May 19 in a Norwalk court.

Comments

1. richie kotzen says:

i like dumb gang members.. well almost all of them are anyway..

1. Karen says:

Actually, it was the ALERT POLICE OFFICER who solved the case.

Neither you nor I would know what that tattoo was all about AT ALL. We’d think it’s a tattoo but the police officer recognized it told the story of a case of murder.

GOOD JOB. THAT COP NEEDS TO BE PROMOTED.

2. jaided says:

what an idiot. idiot of the century award.

1. Gangsta says:

Pics or trolling didn’t happen.

And that’s an idiotic way to spell that name.

3. diana says:

The biggest idiot ever!!

4. Gil De La Rosa says:

drozone69,you need JESUS!!!!!!!! I’ll keep you in in prayer. BTW, that was my son he killed!!!!!!! Lord Jesus, please show this man the foolishness of his ways, for you are not willing that none should perish but that all come to repentance,in Jesus’ name amen. Have a great day drozone!

1. B says:

My condolances to your family!

1. Gil De La Rosa says:

5. Slap says:

Pics or trolling didn’t happen.

6. merc says:

How did it detail the murder? This news story has no information.

7. drozone69 says:

Gil,you should have stayed in Mexico and maybe your son would be alive today.sure he would not have doyer jerseys,ray-bans,baggy pants and cell phone.But he would be alive and healthy.iether that or properly raise him not to be a gang member or associate.I as an American have no compassion for mexicos loss.

1. Gil De La Rosa says:

Your ignorance amuses me. Haha you know nothing about me or my life. I was born here I served my country here. My son died because it was his time to die.Pick up a bible and read it. It is appointed man once to die and then comes the judgment. I celebrated my God rising from the dead today so that I would have life, an abundant life! We celebrated your day earlier this month April fools day. Continue to live your atheistic life while I enjoy mine.At least I know where I am gonna be when I die. I will give you a clue, It’s not where you are gonna be if you don’t change your ways! Have a great day!

8. mlg says:

what a big dummy
    He Should be on Americas dumbest criminals. i wonder how proud he is now with 65 years!I hope he rots in prison along with all gang members!