Catalina Express Offers Free Birthday Ride

AVALON, Calif. (CBS) — Catalina Express is celebrating their 30th Anniversary by giving a Free Pass to anyone who wants to go to Catalina on their birthday.

Before you head to the dock, there are special requirements to be eligible for the free ride.

Travelers need to plan ahead and pre-register online to receive a birthday pass with a promotion code. Your birthday promotion code, found on the Free Pass, must be entered for online reservations.

Birthday guests must travel out on their birthday, but can spend the weekend–actually, up to 30 days if they really want–before using their return ticket. The deal is good for all mainland ports–San Pedro, downtown Long Beach and Dana Point–and the two island ports at Avalon and Two Harbors.

The special day deal is valid between May 1, 2011 to April 30, 2012.

For more information, visit Catalina Express.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Derek says:

Darn my b-day is april 27th i have to wait year, a least time to plan LOL

2. danny says:

what if my b day is in july

3. james proetz says:

I did the offer. They took my debit card as part of the registration process and debited $63 from my checking account. I asked for a refund. Catalina Express has not responded. Catalina Express needs to be accountable and responsible when they make an offer like this to not take money to hold for a Free offer.

4. olivia baylen says:

can’t wait to take up on this offer! my birthday is on may 20th! again, this offer is ONLY VALID from may 1st, 2011 thru april 30th, 2012. that’s probably why you got charged if you already tried to do this offer.

5. Dollilama says:

Is no one paying attention? If your birthday is in July, you have plenty of time since the offer started 2 days ago & goes till next year…which means if your birthday is in July, 2 months from now, you can use it. Which also means this is more than likely the reason James got charged, unless he partook of another offer.
    Personally if this were supposed to be a free offer, I would not give anyone a credit card at all. They don’t need it for a reservation. Either you show up or you don’t or they can charge a smaller fee, of say ten dollars, then when you show they reimburse it. The $63 sounds like a scam to me!

6. VICTOR NEGRETE says:

MY NAME IS VICTOR NEGRETE MY BIRTHDAY IS 9/20/51 MY WIFE AND I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND A BEAUTIFUL DAY ON CATALINA ISLAND.

7. Babs Rossetto says:

just sent my info. My BD is June 28 — now we shall see if this offer is the real deal or not ! Waiting to get my email confirmation! Sounds like a really nice way to spend one’s birthday, don’t you agree? Esp. if it is indeed complimentary.
    Babs S.

8. Inett Feazell says:

I would like to go on a free cruise for my birthday on August22,2011 my address is 509 W. 23rd St. Sanpedro Ca.90731

9. MARTHA SCHUTZ says:

FREDDY BRUNNER WILL GO TO CATALINA ISLAND ON HIS 80TH BIRTHDAY FOR THE 1ST TIME HE IS VERY EXITED ON JULY 10 2011

10. Nadejda Lanko says:

NADEJDA LANKO my birthday is august 10th my husband and i would like to spend a beautiful day on Catalina Island . My address is1832Garfield Place apt 108 Los Angeles CA 90028

11. Gabrielle mayfield says:

My bday is nov.8th n im turn 24years old i would really enjoy a trip to cataline. I been wantin to take a trip like this but never had the chance to do it because im so busy wit my 4 childrens