Girl, 15, Fatally Hit By Car While Walking Along Freeway

ACTON (AP) Authorities say a 15-year-old girl who was fatally struck by a car on the Antelope Valley Freeway in Acton walked into the path of the oncoming car.

The girl, whose name was not immediately released, was struck and killed about 12:40 p.m. Sunday, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The patrol tells City News Service the girl had been walking along the shoulder on the northbound side of the freeway when she suddenly stepped into the 65-mile-per-hour traffic.

The driver of a car that hit her stopped. He was not cited by the highway patrol.

1. PL says:

I’m glad they rewrote this article
    Facts aren’t in,

2. Mr. Mom says:

I know of this Young Girl. The Police Should be Checking out the Parents in this Case. She Was Very Upset that Her Mom & Dad were not in Her Life. She was Very Upset about them not Loving Her. I’m a Freind of the Grandmother and heard her talk alot about her. She also said that Her Parents had NO time for her. Thats Sad. I have a 17 year Old and I make sure she is Loved and I spend lots of Time whith Her. How Can Parents be Like That. So Sad.

1. Bri says:

ugh, I just reread your comment, and it makes me sick!

3. Post Bri says:

AND WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? There is no way you know if he knew her!!!

1. Bri says:

Well, what I do know is that everything he posted is far far far from the truth. I do know her, her mom and her grandma. I guarantee you, and everybody else out there, that her grandma never said anything, and that comment makes me sick!!! I know that anybody that does know her grandma isn’t going to post such sick nonscense. His comment is so far off the mark, that if it wasn’t so hurtfull, it would be laughable. It leaves me wondering why someone would bother putting in the time to post lies???

4. concerned paren says:

The one thing i do know is, as a parent, what mother doesnt know when her baby girl is sad, bothered, or feeling alone? I keep a very open relationship with my 15yr old lil girl. We are friends and she knows she can talk to me about anything. It is to my understanding that Sam had cried out for help before, but just wasnt taken seriously. Her first attempt should have been taken seriously. Let this be of some guidance to all of us. Parents talk to ur children. Children talk to ur parents. And if u cant, talk to ur friend’s parents or ur teachers. As adults, we need to listen and take our childs hand when they are reaching out to us. This girl needed help, she was just afraid to ask. She was clearly the type that gave her heart to her friends and did whatever it took to make them happy. May your warm soul rest in peace and may ur school mates frm Vasquez gently hear u playing along with the angels from above………