NBA Board To Decide If Sacramento Kings Will Move To Anaheim

ANAHEIM (CBS) — Mayor Tom Tait is expected to return home to Orange County from New York City Friday, after wrapping up talks with NBA about moving the Sacramento Kings to Anaheim.

The potential move to Orange County is expected draw opposition from both the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers. However, Tait told the NBA board that the Kings’ fan base would include residents of Orange County, the Inland Empire and San Diego.

Kings’ co-owner Joe Maloof texted the Orange County Register Thursday, saying he thinks the board will ultimately support the move, according to CBS2’s Kristine Lazar.

NBA Commissioner David Stern said Friday that the Kings now have until May to ask for the NBA’s permission to move the team to Anaheim.

Comments

1. Adrian says:

I think its dumb to bring another basketball team! We have the Lakers…. and of course Clippers…. Does the mayor think that fans are going to support that team? Fans are supporting the Lakers and I doubt fans will change teams… So instead of the mayor saying that the team will have support of those 3 counties, he should ask the people!!

1. Tom Brady says:

Sure fans will….The Clippers sold that arena out when they played a few games there. Easy freeway access and they are fixing up the arena. It can be done…Just how much fees are the NBA gonna charge them? That is the factor….

2. Saber 1 says:

Lakers are getting old, the rapist is a ball hog and LA is a good place for a fight, riot or looting. I hope the Lakers are sold and moved to the East coast.

2. scott says:

I will support the Royals! put my name in it already
    Why not? most of OC residents are Lakers season tickets holder, I guarantee
    you they will switch or buy another.

3. Kobe Bryant says:

Kings will have NO fans in SoCal. Majority fans are Laker fans and with Blake Griffin now we have more Clippers fans. Who does the Kings have??????

Sacramento Kings F******** F******!!!!!!!!!

4. JOHN says:

GREAT FOR ANAHEIM.!!!! A FIRST CLASS CITY. I FULLY SUPPORT THE MOVE. NOW ALL WE NEED IS THE FOOTBALL TEAM IN DIAMOND BAR/ CITY OF INDUSTRY. TYAT WILL BE GREAT FOR THE AREA. LA IN TOO FAR AND NOT THE BEST OR SAFEST. GO, GO, GO, ANAHEIM,

5. Herb says:

Plus given the choice between the Clippers and the Royals? I would take the Royals in a heartbeat!

I don’t care who’s on the Clippers roster, they always lose as long as the owner is still in charge. WHAT A JOKE!!!

6. Fisher Forever says:

Y’all need to calm down. This is how it will work for us Lakers (and Clippers) fans: When LA plays an away game, we don’t have to drive that far!

7. Lisa says:

Its ridiculous to bring another team to essentially the LA/Orange County area. Why doesn’t this team go to Las Vegas or San Diego who have no NBA team; they would be able to have a great fan base at either of these two cities. I hope they are denied this move!!!

1. Tom Brady says:

Las Vegas will never get a pro team for any sport. Casinos (sports books) will lose too much revenue. San Diego? Didn’t the Clippers leave that city back in the day?

The OC can support this team. They just need to compete.

8. borracho_king says:

Lets think about what really matters. JOBS. as far as I know that’s more important than who likes who.

9. FARROOK says:

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. IS JUST ANOTHER PLACE WHERE AN INNOCENT FAN WILL GET HIS BRAINS BEATEN OUT BY LAKERS FANS AkA DODGER FANS

10. Blargh says:

Send the Clippers to OC

11. laker fan says:

What will they be called “Los Angeles Kings of Anaheim”?

12. Robert Horry 5/28/02 says:

What will all the pig farmers do? Where will they bang their cowbells? it dose not matter where they go or what they call themselves, I’ll always hate the kings.

13. Pablo says:

Wow. I would really welcome the team to OC. But thats Karma too. The Rams and the Raiders both left. Its just poor management. All i know if u come to southern Cal u better come with a good product.

14. Nicholas Gilinets says:

I think that instead of moving them to SoCal. They Should move them up to Seattle.

15. SMORRYANNETTE says:

Научные иследования с времён СССР, и до наших дней!
    Подробнее на сайте http://www.naukalife.ru

16. maryjonelam says:

I am glad to here the all useful inforamtion

_________________