Serial Animal Torturer Wanted In El Monte

EL MONTE (CBS) — El Monte police are searching for a serial animal torturer who has bound and mutilated several corpses found in a local park.

Police say the bodies of one dog and three cats were found in Rio Vista Park over the past several weeks.

Two of the animals’ limbs were discovered bound together and a cat was found mutilated.

“His paws were duct taped and he was gutted,” said Timothy Gutierrez who came across two of the animals while he was looking for his own lost cat.

Police say all of the corpses were put in the same area near a trail and appear to be left in plain view.

“It’s not a high school prank. This is a felony crime and whoever did it is going to be brought to justice,” Detective Ralph Batres.

Officials say animal torture is often a precursor to other violent crimes.

“If you can do something like this to a cat then you can always do something that escalates into other crimes. But we want to get this solved as soon as possible,” said Detective Batres.

The neighborhood surrounding the park has sent out flyers and held a community action meeting.

El Monte police say they do not have a suspect and are urging the public to report suspicious activity.

1. Latino4life says:

Give me 3 minutes with this SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Thomas says:

Forget 3… give me 3-hours… He will realize that there is worse torture in this world than Waterboarding…

2. Gubbins says:

Please let me help you–I’ll bring the vice grips and a Bernz-o-matic for this POS.

1. bluejacket says:

Make sure you first get a picture of his “Obama ’08” T-Shirt.

2. Tricia says:

@ Latino4life: only after I have 3 minutes with this MONSTER. F’n Monster is what this person/thing is.

3. bobsmi says:

from the title of the piece i thought this was a job offer

1. James says:

I’d hate to see the resumes of the people who apply for it. 🙂

2. 1979 says:

that made my friday…job offer…haha.

4. RICO Informant says:

A future psycho-killer who probably has a bed-wetting problem besides a personal problem dealing with issues of hate and anger.

Maybe they’ll move to Long Island since their is a serial killer on the loose over in New York at the present time.

I wonder if this person or persons are actually Aztec High Priests practicing their old religion or is it just a local gang working up to get the nerve to kill people instead here?

At least authorities have not found any headless bodies in the area hanging from the bridges.

Or maybe they have and haven’t told the public… huh?

5. gio says:

This is a sociopath. The people of El Monte should install a camera in that park,
    and catch this guy. He will graduate to a serial killer, and the community will suffer even more than losing precious animals to this monster.

6. cc says:

yes, precious feral cats.

no i dont agree with him. hes an effing sicko

1. CB says:

These are obviously not feral cats…have you ever tried to approach a feral cat? They don’t come near humans. These are someone’s pet.

I don’t think people should allow their animal to roam, but that’s no excuse for this. And that includes ferals. They are all God’s creatures. This person is a monster.

1. Dave C says:

No, this person is a person just like all “God’s creatures”, as you say.

2. Astonished says:

I know this is irrelevant, but this story is about domesticated animals. Can anyone guess why Channel 9 is showing a picture of a Margay kitten? They are wild and not native here.

7. diana says:

I just hope that when this person it caught, they we know who it is so that ” Latino 4 life and Tricia, can have a piece of him/her!!! 🙂

8. concerned citizen says:

Why don’t the police get his fingerprints and look for DNA?

9. it's me says:

Don’t act dumb, it was probably you Dark guy. Especially at night.

10. GETREAL says:

11. Trisha says:

How terrible!

12. Amy says:

All of you idiots who eat meat shouldn’t find this abnormal in anyway. All the chickens, cow’s, pigs etc you eat feel the same torture when they are killed to satisfy your taste buds. Point being, if your a meat eater and happen to come across a tortured cat or dog DON’T say “ahh how sad”, “only an evil or abnormal person would do this”…that makes you a total hypocrite because by you eating meat you are contributing to this torture. The truth hurts…but someone has to say it.

1. James says:

Amy, the chickens who are put to sleep to make my El Pollo Loco two-piece combo get to listen to classical music before they are gently led into the afterlife. Go peddle your PETA propaganda elsewhere.

2. Mike says:

Totally agree with you Amy. Meat eaters are ALWAYS two-faced and very hypocritical. I find it extremely funny when I hear pet owners who eat meat say – I love my dog or i love my cat or I love animals…LOL. PEOPLE WHO TRULY LOVE ANIMALS DON’T EAT THEM. Very simple concept to understand.

1. sean patriot says:

Obviously youre too stupid to know the difference between domesticated and non domesticated animals

2. stesse says:

The dogs and cats eat meat…… I fail to see your logic as to why people should not eat meat as well. Diet decisions are personal choices. I think those who want to control the food chain have ulterior motives. Care for animals is just a pretense.

3. Anthony says:

Where did I say people should not eat meat? I asked that people consider carefully supporting the meat agribusiness industry that tortures and abuses living creatures for profit. It’s not the same thing.

4. Lila says:

It is not legal to torture animals, period. If someone is caught torturing cows or any other animals they will get in trouble. There are standards that are suppose to be followed to slaughter animals for food. Torturing them to death is not allowed.

5. Spontoonious says:

Lol @ Mike

3. Yermama says:

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Some of you vegans and vegetarians think you are on higher moral ground than the rest of us…but you’ll abort a baby in a hot-second.
      The irony doesn’t escape me….

1. Anthony says:

I’m vegetarian and anti-abortion. Life is life.

You’re arguing with a strawman here. Why not try reality on for size and look at your own conflicted morals?

2. Michelle says:

Abortion is good, the earth is over populated, it’s good that people can choose if they are ready and / or able to be a good parent. They can make another one later if they feel they are ready… Read the book ‘Freakonomics’ where it is explained the reduction in crime was linked to legal safe abortion getting rid of the the unwanted offspring that would have grown up neglected and unwanted and been criminals in their late teens and early 20’s. If you’re against abortion – – then don’t have one. But don’t try to tell me what I can do with my own body !

3. People First says:

The earth is NOT overpopulated- have you ever driven thru west Texas, New Mexico or Nevada ? There is plenty of room, and every human being is a precious gift from God. We aren’t running out of room, or food, either. People who say the earth is overpopulated always want other people to be killed off, never themselves, ever notice ? They are hypocrites supreme. Mao was a big over population guy, as was Stalin. Together they killed over 70 million people- that’s what over-population people want for the rest of us.

4. ObamaLied says:

Nice try Michelle. I know in your feminist mind killing people is good, and that holds true for a lot of democrats. Lets use some more stats, shall we? Of the top 25 most violent cities in the United States for rape, murder and assault, 24/25 are democrat. Inhabited by democrats, with democrat mayors, democrat city council, run by democrats for democrats. 10/10 of the top most impoverished cities are democrat, run by democrat, inhabited by democrats.
        Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1961.
        Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1954.
        Cincinnati , OH (3rd) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1984.
        Cleveland , OH (4th) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1989.
        Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor.
        St. Louis , MO (6th) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1949.
        El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor.
        Milwaukee , WI (8th) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1908.
        Philadelphia , PA (9th) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1952.
        Newark , NJ (10th) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1907.

Lets speak the truth my left wing Obama voting aborting feminist. Where democrats gather, so does the worst of humanity. By the way, did you ever name the baby you aborted and murdered?

5. stesse says:

Michelle –
        In my world, abortion is not good. In your world, it is okay to take my money to pay for your abortion. Since it is not illegal, then do what you want, but do not make me pay for it. Start your own non-profit organization to fund the practice from dollars from those who support it, instead of forcing God-fearing citizens to participate in the termination of the lives of future U.S. citizens. The God who created this world told man to “be fruitful and multiply,” so population control is yet another deception masquerading as a “good thing.”

6. bluejacket says:

4. Whatever says:

You’re demented.

1. MST says:

Anthony, good for you!. I believe in having respect for all forms of life., too. I have been trying to go vegetarian but it’s kind of hard when you’re older.

5. Constance says:

Excuse me, but you have a mental illness. Yes, the truth hurts, and I’ve just said it. Go get some help, lady.

1. Yermama says:

You’re equipped to evaluate someone’s mental status based on a comment made online? I’m not laughing WITH you, be assured of that. Contribute something useful, like maybe something related to the topic, and not a personal attack. It just really diminishes you’re credibility. K thx.

2. Yermama says:

I can’t wait for the first idiot to claim that I don’t have credibility because I misused you’re.

6. Lila says:

It’s illegal to torture any animal doesn’t matter if it’s a chicken or a cat. How stupid can people be? Sorry, someone has to say it.

1. God of the Gaps says:

It’s legal if it’s done in a laboratory.

Come back to reality.

2. Lila says:

No there are standards and procedures they are suppose to follow. I will never defend animal research, that system and the FDA corrupt. It doesn’t excuse a predator preying on a community like this.

3. California Surfer says:

Its a completely different thing, hunting or fishing to find food or sustenance because you need to provide food; yes in the slaughter houses there must be laws in place on how to humanely treat those animals.

On the other side of the industry, look at the stupidity there, restiraunts that waste food and throw away what isnt used, grocery stores who also throw away good food because of a profit/monetary model mixed with food safety laws. Thank God we have the food and drug administration to protect consumers, but when there are desparate people in need of food and blocks away someone else throws away food that wasnt sold that day, in the bigger picture thats a problem.

And there is the abortion industry, the murder of unborn or newborn children where instead of a funeral the “parts” are sold on the grey market? Shouldn’t all of you “dont eat meat” or animal rights people be protesting abortion clinics and the abortion industry?

7. albdrect says:

Vegan diets cause mental disorders

1. bluejacket says:

Link, please.

8. California Surfer says:

Amy, its not wrong to eat meat. Your conclusion there is MIS PLACED. usually this comes from a perception of the universe and the world that is the focus, not the eating meat part which is just an outside, on the surface thing. I do not know why God made it this way where cows, chickens, pigs are killed for food.

What I do know is that there are problems in those slaughter businesses, and when someone takes the extremist view that all consumption of meat is stupid, evil etc? then it diminishes any other position or observation about actual flaws in those industries. If you say its stupid to eat meat, then point out how slaughter houses are breaking laws on animal cruelty? you know what happens? the part of saying its stupid cancels out the claims of breaking animal cruelty laws and its zero. Who suffers? the animals. Understand?

9. bloodaxe says:

I don’t see how buying chicken or beef at the local supermarket is the moral equivalent of savagely torturing a poor dog or cat to death. Be reasonable.

10. Morte says:

Eating meat that is from animals slaughtered in a humane manner is not the same as binding a helpless animal and cutting their guts out while still alive, fool. The truth hurts but someone had to correct your idiocy.

11. Dan Jacobs says:

You should see my video on youtube. BigDedmond
      I constantly break my guitar strings and I appreciate that cats are out roaming my neighborhood and I can make my own

12. AJ says:

ROFL! STFU and go bake some cookies, you (more than likely) brittle-boned, undernourished, falling asleep every 20 minutes, Monte Burns from the Simpsons look-A-Like!

13. Diana Mora says:

Amy, Take your Ass somewhere else, JERK!

14. Astonished says:

Chickens cow, duck, etc., are raised as food, and except for standing around in pens waiting, once the process begins, it is over fairly quickly. These animals were pets, who probably trusted the person that did this to them, not meat animals. Not to mention that the torture probably went on for far longer than it takes to kill and process a meat animal. There is a difference. And yes, I eat meat, and I do love animals, but I don’t torture and kill my dinner or my PETS.

13. Just a Thought says:

I LOVE animals… They are especially tasty ground up to make hamburgers =). Having said that, I could never eat my dog… He’s got personality =)

14. sean patriot says:

I’ll find him. And when I do, you’ll find him in the Bay with no skin left.

15. Jerry Atrick says:

Two words – Charlie Sheen

16. Texas Tom says:

If anyone did this to my dogs they’d gain a few new .40 caliber ventilation holes. But you Kalifornians are scared of guns so I guess that’s not an option for you.

1. Bloodaxe says:

I don’t have the .40 cal option but I do have the .357 and .45 options which are just as good. And if they won’t do there’s always the 12 guage and my trusty M1a 7.62 rifle.

1. Astonished says:

Naw guns are noisy and they can bring a quick end. I prefer a nice sharp knife, preferably at throat level, or maybe, dual wrists!

17. Dan Jacobs says:

Well, the truth is, if you canoe the cats out just right, they make wonderful slippers and you can even use them as a swiffer.

1. bloodaxe says:

And they used to string tennis rackets with catgut.

18. Whatever says:

Who cares? It’s animals. Let me know if he switches to humans.

1. Jim says:

If he does, I hope he starts with you.

19. Dan Jacobs says:

20. Anthony says:

Amy’s right, guys. The fact that you are willfully blind to the torture that domesticated farm animals endure is your fault, not hers. And it is torture. Ever seen a cow with hoof rot? Ever seen 22,000 chickens in pens so small they can’t stand up, where they live in their own waste product for 42 days until they are slaughtered? Don’t let “free range” marketing fool you, either. That just means that in the last week of their lives the farmer opens a door at the end of the barn that leads into an outdoor pen the size of my bedroom. The chickens won’t go through it because they don’t understand what a door is for.

What happened to these pets is wrong. But it doesn’t mean what people do to animals they eat is right just because you don’t know about it. If you find yourself bothered by this monster’s actions, then dig a little deeper and realize you are paying for people to do the same thing to other animals.

21. stan says:

Godless, this person is practicing his form of beliefs, this person will turn out to be some one who is seeking religeous freedoms. Let’s face it, there is no money to be made here. move along.

22. sick of hearing about violence says:

How sickening. If I were the law, I would give these people a fair trial and then if found guilty of any kind of murder, that is not an accident, if would have a needle waiting to have them put out of this world.

23. paul says:

Excuse me but if those animals were pets, the fault lies squarely with their owners who broke the law by allowing their pets to roam freely.

Where I live in Australia it is legal for me to kill any dog or cat that strays onto my property and I do!

1. pruuuuut says:

may you perish with a slow painful cancer
      put a fence around your property ya A-hole!

24. dave h says:

um…way more anger in these comments than if someone would have done this to a child. Their friggin animals…

25. Steve-O says:

What everyone in LA needs to worry about is what is going on a couple hundred miles south in Mexico. There are doing the same thing to PEOPLE down there.

1. bluejacket says:

They are doing way worse in Mexico.s

26. Vagitarian says:

Maybe us carnivores would be healthier if we only ate vegetarians !

27. youpeopleareinsane says:

the person who did this is a weirdo, but it is wrong to say that just because the person killed animals, it means they will become a serial killer. this isn’t minority report. you can’t go after someone for crimes you might think they might commit in the future, because you are stupid and your speculation is not good enough to take away someone’s life and freedom.

like I said, the person who did this is probably a weirdo, BUT all you in the comments threatening this person with a sadistic death are worse. I think someone who make an actual threat to torture and murder a human being should go to jail long before anyone who kills a stray cat.

1. apple says:

you sound like the person who probably killed these poor animals…have something you want to share?

28. CatGutViolinStrings says:

The perpetrator sounds like an ObamaCare surgeon.

29. Toady says:

Oh dear, if you do this sort of thing in a lab in the name of scientific research, then it’s quite ok and quite legal.

1. PhD Mike says:

OH MY GOD. No one duct-tapes cat’s paws together and eviscerates them in a “lab” as you put it. Get sick, and then go try to find a damned drug to fix your ailment that WASN’T put through animal testing first…you’ll be chewing on yew-tree bark and mung beans for the rest of your short life. Don’t spout rhetoric if you don’t know the truth.

1. Ruckus says:

PhD Mike;

Quote: “pigs are subjected to gunshot wounds while trainees attempt to keep the animals alive, resulting in prolonged suffering and death. In a 2006 New York Times article, one soldier reported that he was charged with keeping an anesthetized pig alive for as long as possible after the animal was subjected to serious injuries, saying of the pig that, “they shot him twice in the face with a 9-millimeter pistol, and then six times with an AK-47 and then twice with a 12-gauge shotgun. And then he was set on fire.” The soldier kept the pig alive in this condition for fifteen hours.”

That’s the truth, dude.

30. Lila says:

I think people who are threatening him are 100% correct, he will eventually move on to people. For the people who keep saying meat is meat therefore torturing animals is ok. Can we ship you off to a tribe of cannibals? You know meat is meat. We won’t miss the few of you who are immoral and stupid.

31. NVRAT says:

When you catch him/her please give me 5 minutes alone with him and I will guarantee you he will never do anything like this again and I will leave him breathing, his new name will be “STUBS”.

32. Rush says:

Hey guys, you’re supposed to be journalists. Please learn the difference between a corpse and a carcass.

33. Fred says:

I’m going to get lunch now.

1. DAN JACOBS says:

No, just doing the world a favor and ridding us of ringworm and the other ailments that kitty’s bring into this world. They make great target practice

34. prutt says:

another PETA staff member on the loose.
    I bet most of you readers here dont know that PETA kills most of there adopted
    animals and often in a malicious cruel way…dont believe me…research it!

35. Woe-is-me says:

I made a decision years ago to eat only cardboard, fallen leaves and tree moss. Even you vegans are heartless and immoral. Rutabagas, turnips, Brussels sprouts and lettuce all have feelings and souls – and I will not abide!

36. John says:

Whoever did this clearly isn’t human. This monster doesn’t deserve to live out in society. I think life in prison or lethal injection would be a proper sentence for this p.o.s.

37. Z.X. says:

38. Hank Warren says:

Cops spending all their time hunting animal murderers while only solving 40% of human murders, yet another violation of our rights. Add it to the list of gov’t violations of our right:
    They violate the 1st Amendment by placing protesters in cages, banning books like “America Deceived II” and censoring the internet.
    They violate the 2nd Amendment by confiscating guns.
    They violate the 4th and 5th Amendment by molesting airline passengers.
    They violate the entire Constitution by starting undeclared wars for foreign countries.
    Impeach Obama and sweep out the Congress.
    (Last link of Banned Book):

39. RicardoCabeza says:

How would you know? Hell A is a failure..

40. RicardoCabeza says:

Yermama YOU’RE and idiot without a basic understanding of grammar.

41. Yo says:

Hey Ya’ll cool down. Where are you owners when a kids are mulled by ferocious dogs. You people give more credit to dogs then Humans. Shame on you. I wish I could send all the dogs of America to China.

42. Melvin says:

The citizens of El Monte need to take care of this problem themselves. Hmm, remember the desert is a pretty big place for some person who tortures animals to conveniently get lost in.

43. Erial Blaise says:

If you want to hurt animals then get a job in a lab where you can do it legally.

Sheesh …

44. CrazyMan says:

Headline: Two Geese Found Mutilated Near Shoreline!

Reality: Two geese taken by hunters, breasted and enjoyed roasted with a little butter and garlic.

45. Anonymous says:

“Corpse” is a human body. A dead animal should be called a “carcass.”

46. Alice Ramirez says:

I would gladly duct tape and gut this sadistic monster myself.
    The creature starts with dogs and cats. How soon until this total waste of oxygen starts on children and women?

47. Colorado Kid says:

I tried a Vegan diet for a while. Found them to be tough and stringy so I went back to cat.- And no, the person who’s getting off on torturing animals deserves no mercy. For hours and hours…

48. ICANHAS says:

Contrary to popular belief, animals actually cannot feel pain. So what the torturer did did not actually hurt the dog or cats. Get off his nuts.

49. Pearl Magee says:

@ObamaLied: Snopes lists this as an urban legend, and Miami HAS had Republican mayors. In fact, the Miami mayor’s race is non-partisan. Despite this, news articles list the recently recalled mayor as Republican – and he was in his second term. Obviously, you are more interested in confirming your personal beliefs than with the truth.

50. Diana Mora says:

Just reading this posts with the Vegans input, makes me Crazy! You crazy vegans are lacking protein, and its affecting your brain! We are talking serial killer of pets! The meat people eat is livestock, not pets idiots!, and its done in a humane way……

1. Julie says:

Dear Diana,

Use some of that two digit I.Q. you have before posting messages on here so you wont seem so narrow-minded. There is no way to kill any animal in a “humane way”….lol. Wether its a pet or livestock…kill either one of them and they will feel pain. It’s very clear that the media and internet has brainwashed you into thinking that animals can be killed in a “humane way”. And I’m not a vegan, vegetarian nor peta member. And just like Paul Mcartney says…”if slaughter houses had glass walls everyone would be a vegetarian”.

2. Anthony says:

Ms. Mora,

I’m not Vegan, nor did I claim to be Vegan. I’m a vegetarian, and there is a substantial difference.

Soybeans and nuts can easily supply the small amount of protein ACTUALLY required by the human body. The vast quantity consumed by most Americans on a daily basis is ludicrous.

As a vegetarian, though, I do eat eggs. For the record, I own the chickens that product the eggs. They are all named pets, most of which are fine being held and carried around. They have three fenced acres in which they roam, and a safe set of perches and nesting boxes in their coop at night. A coop, I might add, to which they voluntarily return every night for a good meal and fresh water.

We have no roosters, so we have no viable eggs. We kill nothing to eat. Why do you find that so offensive?

51. lexxie says:

Aside from everything, I believe its the whole morality of things. To go out there and take your time and pleasure in mutilating or suffocating any animal no matter which species is far more superior. It felt pain, for it wasn’t a quick death. The animals are there because they are, not everything should be domesticated. Even then most of the animals who were owned end up being strays but I don’t think its because they are running around loose that gets this man or woman. I think it has a strong pull or need to kill them. Whatever sort of arousment or entertainment. The need to take a life away is simply, horrible. Stand there, the cat struggling to breathe with the time consuming factor that its life is upon. Why such a torture?? Why the need to take the time to chop em up?? Because they NEED to. We all have our animal instincts, true. And we can’t help feeling every emotion of them. Yet, to waste away a life isn’t in everyones nature. No matter how small, at first, the kill is. And as I looked upon these comments, the irony was there. You are looking for a killer, indeed, but speak of tactics to kill him as well. Anyway, I just think, for the safety of all of us, even him for he needs help, to catch this guy.