ABC Cancels ‘All My Children’ And ‘One Life To Live’

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The long-running ABC daytime soap operas “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” were canceled Thursday by the network, which announced plans to replace the iconic shows with a pair of lifestyle programs scheduled to debut in January.

According to the network, the final episode of “All My Children” will air in September, while “One Life to Live” will air for the final time in January.

They will be replaced beginning in January with two shows — a food-oriented program known as “The Chew” and a health-and-lifestyle show tentatively titled “The Revolution.”

“While we are excited about our new shows and the shift in our business, I can’t help but recognize how bittersweet the change is,” according to Brian Frons, president of daytime television for the Disney ABC Television Group. “We are taking this bold step to expand our business because viewers are looking for different types of programming these days. They are telling us there is room for informative, authentic and fun shows that are relatable, offer a wide variety of opinions and focus on `real life’ takeaways.”

Frons said the two new programs were inspired by the success of “The View.”

The move leaves “General Hospital” as ABC’s only daytime drama.

Comments

1. CRAIG says:

ABOUT TIME

1. PAT says:

THO YOU DON’T WE DO YOU DONT HAVE TO LOOK ITS NOT HR TING YOU IS IT????

2. DOLLY MAHURIEN says:

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING ALL MY CHILDREN SINCE ERICA HAS HER ABORTION ……40 YRS. DANG WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT OFF FOR SOME COOK SHOWS. KEEP ALL MY CHILDREN. DO NOT CANCEL IT I GO HOME EVERYDAY FROM WORK AND IT IS RECORDED AND I WATCH IT FAITHFULLY. DONT CANCEL ALL MY CHILDREN

1. Saber 1 says:

No more Oprah, day time soaps and now if we can the hen fest with Fugly Goldberg off the air, the sofas will last longer becuase they will get relief from the large a$$e$ on them for four hours a day five days a week.

3. Jura Landfield says:

Brian Frons, you are one pathetic bean counter. How creative—more food and “lifestyle” drivel. The only shows we still watch on your pathetic network are OLTL and Evening News with Diane Sawyer. Much as I like Sawyer, I have LOVED Erika Slezak’s Viki on OLTL for several decades longer. Come January, we will make a point of NEVER watching anything on ABC again.

4. Doris Bauer says:

CBS what are you thinking? Oh I guess you wasn’t because you are taking of two wonderful day time shows. I think I will be changing the channel to NBC When the last show airs

5. chamagne cook says:

i am going to be sick i have been watching all my children for 30 + years after having kids i have 1 hour every night to my self to watch my soap. what will i do when it is gone? Me an my best friend had our one and only fight over all my children. it has been part of my life for so very long I am sick

6. SHERRIE WILLIAMS says:

DON’T, WE MATER I LOVE ALL MY CHILDREN IT IS GETTING SOOOO GOOD..OMG WAT DO WE HAVE TO DO TO KEEP IT IT MUST BE A WAY IF NOT WILL IT BE ON A ANTHER CHANEL…THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!

7. sheryl wilson says:

I hope Brovo or a cabel station picks up AMC like they did for Law and Order…SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SAVE THIS WONDERFUL SHOW!!! I’m sooo sock of reality shows, kindels and news papers on line!! This is a wonderful drama and educational show PLEEEZE BROVO pick it up!!! THANK YOU

8. Lynda Haines- Pyne says:

not all of us can sit in the afternoon and watch the soaps but we don’t miss them on line, what are they thinking!