Officials ID Man Shot To Death During Fight With His Ex-Roommate

DIAMOND BAR (CBS) — Authorities have identified a man who was shot to death during an argument with his former roommate.

Ryan Modica, 39, of Concho, Ariz., died at the scene of the shooting, which happened at about 11 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Del Sol Lane, according to Assistant Chief Ed Winter of the coroner’s office said.

Deputies detained the former roommate for questioning, sheriff’s Sgt. Diane Hecht said.

Deputies found Modica, who had reportedly been evicted from the residence a week earlier, lying in a driveway with a gunshot wound to his upper body. No arrests were made.

1. Karen says:

The roommate needs to be thrown in jail. NO ONE has the right to kill someone unless there is the DANGER OF IMMEDIATE BODILY HARM. Modica was in the driveway and the roommate’s home was presumably locked so THERE WAS NO IMMEDIATE DANGER. This roommate needs tob e locked up for as long as murderer’s are locked up.

1. NYU1232 says:

Wow Karen, I hope that you are never seated on a jury, (there are no minimum IQ rqquirements).

1. Karen says:

Actually I have been on a jury in MANHATTAN where you seem to be writing from and we declared him not guilty AFTER I FIGURED OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. It was the case of the drug deal gone bad but the NY cabbie wanted us to think that the dealer robbed him. Yeah right – the dealer ran up to him in the middle of 6th Avenue during rush hour and took money out of his shirt pocket.

2. Karen's Roommate says:

Karen you don’t know the full story of what happened between the two roommates. Of course the roommate should be in jail if convicted.

1. Karen says:

I do know what happened. The evidence was stated in this article. I even specified the reasoning for my conclusion.

I don’t have roomates by the way so YOU ARE NOT mine.

3. Karen says:

A man was MURDERED and you people defend a Murderer.

This is something very wrong in our country.

People condone violence.

4. ORLY says:

Wow, Karen. “The evidence was stated in this article.” It’s a good thing you don’t work for the DA.

I’ve seen your comments in other articles before. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

1. Karen says:

You’re the one who reads my posts so what does that make you? I never noticed you until YOU called ME an idiot but yet you read my posts.