Man Found Stabbed To Death In Long Beach Identified

LONG BEACH (CNS) — A man found stabbed to death near a bus bench in Long Beach was identified Wednesday.

The body of Mylan Paul Waggoner, 36, was discovered at Wardlow Road and Webster Avenue about 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Waggoner was stabbed several times in the upper body.

The coroner described him as a transient.

Anyone with information about the stabbing was asked to call homicide detectives Hugo Cortes or Peter Lackovic at (562) 570-7244.

1. Faye says:

This is not how I expected we would hear about my nephew Mylan. I have prayed and often wondered where he was and what he was doing.

1. Elisa Maldonado says:

he has many friend and people who love him and are devastated by this…
      my condolences to you and your family.

1. Faye says:

Elisa could you please tell me where he was last known to be living? We would like to know why he was at a bus bench.

2. Bibimarlowe says:

Faye, go to his Facebook account – many of his friends are posting there. You should be able to find the answers you are seeking through one of us. BTW, his mother has been reached and apparently is en route.

1. Faye says:

Bibimarlowe, if you or someone else can please send me the link to FB I would appreciate it. I cannot find it. Thank you.

2. Faye says:

3. Faye says:

I did find his fb…so sad!

3. Jeff Callaway says:

My name is Jeff Callaway, and i have been friends with Mylan for almost 20 years now. He was a one of a kind person who had many friends who loved him. Both in California where he had been living, as well as a family of friends in Texas. If anyone finds out what happened to him or who did this to him or have any information about a funeral or memorial, then please contact me on my facebook page or e-mail me at

4. Jeff Callaway says:

the long beach coroner should keep his opinions to himself. just because Mylan didn’t own his own home doesn’t mean he didn’t have 100 people who would’ve let him move in with them in a heartbeat. i bet the coroner could not say the same thing about himself. shame on you cbs for printing that!

5. Hephzibah Tolentino Ochoa says:

@Jeff – Agreed!

6. Mylan was a wonderful friend and he was monumental in my life. INDIGENT!!!! Horrible and false. He was more loved than most burned out journalist.