CHiPs For Kids: Come drop off a new, unwrapped toy to the Citadel Outlets from 11a-6p! | Holiday Toy Drive Drop-Off Locations | Photo Gallery

Motorcyclist Killed In Crash Involving Big Rig On Interstate 10

SAN DIMAS (CBS) — A motorcyclist was killed Tuesday morning in a crash involving a big rig on the eastbound 10 Freeway, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The man died at the scene of the crash, which took place about 7:05 a.m. at Via Verde, CHP Officer Francisco Villalobos.

Three eastbound lanes were blocked while an investigation was conducted.

Comments

1. kim says:

witnessed this tragic accident on my way to work… very sad. my thoughts and prayers are with the family may your soul rest in peace…

1. david says:

Hi Kim,
      The person you witnessed on that tragic day of April 5th was a cousin of ours.Is there any way you could e-mail what you witnessed ? The police has no clue.

2. Kim says:

Hi david,
      Im deeply sorry about the loss of your cousin… im sorry but, i didnt see when it exactly happened i just seen it after it happened… sorry if i was unclear. i hope you find out more on what exactly happened… i will keep you and your family in my prayers. may the love and strength of your loved ones guide you through this difficult time…

Sincerely,
      Kim

2. STEVE B. says:

REST IN PEACE… my condolences to the friends and family during this tragic time…

3. STEVE B. says:

REST IN PEACE

4. SK says:

I was on my way to school when I saw the incident, I hoped the motorcyclist was just unconscious… I guess I was wrong. My condolences to his friends and family.

5. Sandra says:

SA
    I saw him on my way to work. I was hoping he was just hurt and waiting for the ambulance. May God take his soul. My prayers for his family.

6. Jordan says:

Heard about this today and was hoping to find out more details I’m in a bike group and my prez called all of us to make sure we were ok. It’s always hits home no matter what when we here of a rider going down. May he rest In piece

1. Angelica Hernandez says:

I HOPE ITS NOT THE ROBERT I KNOW…HES NOT ANSWERING HIS PHONE SINCE LAST NIGHT! PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

1. Marco Ponce says:

It WAS Robert U.

7. jarred says:

it was my buddy robert he did not make it from the crash. he was a good man anyone who has more info please let me know .

1. Angelica Hernandez says:

8. Lawrence says:

On my way to school, and wow his body was covered very sad, words cannot describe how depressing it looked, sorry for the loss. =(

9. Angelica Hernandez says:

JORDAN I MYSELF IM A RIDER, WAS HE FROM XPLICIT?

10. BD McGee says:

Chances are the motorcyclist was at fault- I don’t care what happens to these nimrods, the way thye skirt through traffic and expect us to pay attention to them. Too bad, not gonna do it, ya’ll best stay out of my path.

1. Paola P says:

You are an idiot….

1. Paola P says:

excuse this last comment it was for BD McGee, but his comment was removed

2. Rocio De La Hoya says:

BD McGee: How dare you blame the motorist…he was a family man with 2 kids and with respect to others unlike you. I hope God forgives u for this remark. RIP my friend.we love you.

11. george vicuna says:

i saw this in the morning, as I passed by the accident i saw the covered body, so sad, RIP, thoughts and prayers to him and family

12. Lynn says:

Bobby was my cousin. We are all in such shock and disbelief. He is the 2nd in the family to be killed by a big rig and 2nd to be riding a motorcycle, (though the first was killed when a car made a quick u turn in front of him). I’m in Texas and haven’t visited (home) California in almost 5 years, and now my visit will be a sad one. But my thoughts and prayers are with his parents, his sisters, and his daughters more than anything. He’ll be greatly missed!

1. Yolie says:

Bobby was my friend , I miss him very much. My prayers are with his family and friends.

13. JD says:

As I drove by the accident this morning the body was lying uncovered in the lane next to the lane that I had to pass in. A man in an SUV was pulling onto the shoulder and exiting his vehicle behind a parked big rig. The CHP was just pulling up. It was quite a somber moment to witness.

14. Pete F says:

To BD mcGee and pat robertson do you even know what caused the accident or are you just guessing? My advice to both of you is to shut your mouths you guys are idiots plain and simple.

1. BD McGee says:

Hey genius, the statistical probability is that the motorcyclist was doing something stupid. 9 out 10 motorcyclists that speed by me eveyday are speeding, going in and out of slowed traffic, and a number of other moronic things.
      You don’t like my comments don’t read them.
      And there is no one named Pat Robertson on the comments so what planet you on, son?

1. Lynn says:

Listen “Genius” where do you get your stats concerning motorcyclists? You pulled them out of somewhere deep dark and ugly, but you’re wrong. Basically you are a POS for leaving your ill-mannered, disrespectful, and idiotic comments about a man who was killed. You must be a sad and lonely person to spew hate about a man who touched so many lives. Who cares what you think happened or who’s fault it must have been. Stop being such a schmuck!
        And “genius”, there was a comment from Pat Robertson, but I reported it and it was removed because of the content.

15. t says:

how did the accident happen? Did he get run over? very very sad. prayers out to his family.

16. Marco says:

Whereas ye know not what [shall be] on the morrow. For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14 KJV

NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION FOR TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED.

TRUST YOUR SOUL IN CHRIST JESUS, because I knowing this man believe that he did NOT trust the Lord.

1. Paola P says:

He will be missed

17. Paola P says:

BD McGee and Pat Robertson you guys are idiots just like Pete F said you guys do not understand the situation and just shut the hell up, if you don’t know what was going on. Have respect.

18. Marty says:

Robert was good man, and father. You’ll be truly missed, and I know your making everyone laugh in heaven. RIP.

19. LISA B says:

I saw the accident his morning too right after it happened and his body wasn’t covered yet. I didn’t know at that time that he didn’t make it till it was announced on the radio. I couldn’t help but feel pain for his parents & family knowing that they would neer see him again. Life is too short to make such awful remarks regardless of who’s fault it was. Even people who drive in cars make mistakes and cause acicidents. My prayers go out to all that know him and will miss him.

20. TINA says:

I’AM SO SORRY FOR LOST OF YOUR SON AND BROTHER WHO WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND I KNOW IT IS HARD TO THINK THAT GOD TOOK HIM .BECAUSE I WENT THREW IT WHEN I LOST MY SON ON A MOTORCYCLE ACCDENTED LAST YEAR ON JULY 2ND .THIER ARE NO WORDS I CAN SAY THAT WILL MAKE IT BETTER I’LL WANT TO DO IS SEND MY CONDOLINCES TO HIS FAMILY .I IDID TALK TO HIS SISTER PATTY AND I HAVE NO WORDS THAT WILL HELP ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY FOR THEM GRT THREW THIS TERRABLE TRAGIDY IN THIER LIFE THAT I KNOW THAT THEY WILL NEVER FOR GET THIER SON AND BROTHER WHO THEY LOVED SO MUCH.ROBERT R.I.P

21. gerald says:

i used to see him on he freeway e would always give me the motorcycle handshake, id do the same to him. i didnt know him, our few seconds of hi and byes were all we knew of eachother……. that very easyly could have been me. my hearts out to the family……..Gerald

22. Crystal Rose Rolon says:

I will miss you very much Bobby….You will always be in everyone’s heart. Hugs and Kisses to everyone!

23. Carol says:

No words can describe the sorrow a mother or father endures when you loose a son, it tears your heart in a zillion pieces, and there are no words of comfort that can minimize the feeling of dispair…I know this because I lost my son 3 years ago and the wound still open as if it just happened….It is a pain you don’t wish upon anyone, not even your enemies.
    People that have no respect for this family – I pray to God that you never loose a loved one.
    Rest in peace Bobby and say hello to my Clint in heaven !

24. Dee Dee says:

I saw him drive so fast by our car, it startled me. Then about ten minutes later we arrive at the scene to see what all the traffic was about. It is so crazy to know you could be alive one second then gone the next. I saw his body laying there covered with his arm hanging out and all his bike gear still on. I was so terribly sad the whole day. If I was feeling so down, I can’t imagine what his family was feeling. I’ve been keeping them in prayer.

To anyone and everyone, please be wise in all you do. The human body is so fragile. And also please don’t live without Jesus Christ in your life. Even when we are taken from this world at least we’ll know where we’ll be after when we die.

John 3:36…

25. Henry says:

Robert was a old friend, hadn’t seen or heard from him in 15yrs. albeit I I’m am sad to hear of his passing, I’m am very happy that we recently saw each other again. I will always remember him for the goodtimes we had. You will be missed dear friend.

26. "J" says:

No matter who or how the accident was caused, it’s still a loss of life. The accident happened barely 2 minutes in front of me. Traffic was moving well and then it almost stopped. I was in the 5th lane and the few cars in front of me then drove on the shoulder. There was someone behind the SUV trying to divert traffic. I saw the body and immediately knew he was no longer alive. What was left of his motorcycle was a small pile. I didn’t know him, but I started to cry and began praying for him, his family, and even the person who must have hit him. It is tragic and traumatizing.
    It’s difficult to see coming up that crest near Via Verde. The sun was bright and glaring.
    I pray for all involved and those who saw.

27. Ariel Saleeby says:

my prayers are with you.