Man Dies After Driving Off Embankment On 5 Freeway

BURBANK (CBS) — A Sunland man died Tuesday morning after driving a gray Honda Pilot about 10 feet off an embankment in Burbank, the California Highway Patrol said.

The crash was reported at 2:29 a.m. on the southbound Golden State (5) Freeway south of Scott Road, CHP officials said.

Ernesto Orozco-Lopez, 25, died at the accident scene, according to the coroner’s office. The cause of the crash was under investigation.

Comments

1. TRAFFIC CONTROLLER 101 says:

died after falling only 10 feet…how is that possible…My son is 6 feet 4….so 10 feet..wow must have posibly died befor inpact..or hit something that caused him to die at impact…it blows me away to hear only 10 feet down and he dies

1. Atom&Yves says:

10 feet at 80 mph?

1. Jackie says:

If you don’t know don’t talk………

2. Duh! says:

You do know that you can fall 3 feet, land wrong (usually head first) and break your neck thus killing you?

There is even a story of a bride being pushed into an in ground swimming pool by her maid of honor and ending up paralyzed. (Google it)

3. ana says:

yes, dont talk without knowing because people trip and die all the time you don’t know what happened in those 10 ft. Common its a person youre talking about. He was a very nice young family man.

2. VFF says:

A lot of trees on the embankment of the southbound 5 after Scott Rd. My condolences. RIP.

1. Jackie says:

Yes… those trees cause the death of my brother-in-law… thanks

1. ana says:

i know him too and he was a very respectable man who loved his wife and children. Im sorry Jackie about him try and stay strong for your sister.

3. Ed Rooney says:

What a nad.
    Another hispanic down, do we really care?

1. Ernie says:

Ed I am an educated young Hispanic contributing my best to this world. It is comments like this that make Americans stupid.

1. Ivon Mendez says:

Well said Ernie🙂 Ernesto was my best friends husband who left behind a 3yr old baby boy as well as a 6month old lil girl. He was a hard working man and had everything going for himself, He will be missed RIP😦

2. Jackie says:

ay amiga thanks so much for all ur love & support….

2. Giselle says:

Ed I can’t belive how heartless you are. He was a loving son,brother,husband and father , friend and cousin.
      As a part of the family I can just hope that you don’t have to go through the pain of loosing A LOVED ONE like this family is going through .

Ivon – He will truly be missed…

4. g.s. says:

thats really sad i feel really bad for the victims family your in my prayers

5. Jackie Santana says:

If anybody saw this accident please contact the CHP it would be really helpful because the trailer driver who threw them off the fwy escape & didn’t even stop to see how they were….. Ernesto R.I.P
    Love, Your Sister In law

1. Giselle says:

I hope they find him… I wonder if he would of stopped and helped maybe Ernesto would still be here.

1. Jackie says:

I totally agree with you Giselle….

6. jose luis says:

lo lamento mucho ivon, me acavo de enterar, no conosi a este joven, pero conosco a su prima y me acava de contar lo sucedido, mi mas sincero pesame

7. Ana Velazquez says:

MY MOST SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO THE SANTANA FAMILY, JACKIE BE VERY STRONG FOR YOUR SISTER I FEEL FOR HER AND HIS LOVE ONES.

SINCERELY, ANA. V

1. Jackie says:

thanks so much amiga & thaks 2 every1 for the nice comments..

1. Atom&Yves says:

stfu

8. Lety & Julie Cazales says:

Jackie & Denise,

Im so sorry to hear about your lost, my heart sank as i read this article. My prayers are with you and your family. Love you guys so much. Keep your faith strong because god is here.