Convicted Killer Gets Life For Murdering Riverside County Boy

INDIO (CBS/AP) — A man convicted of a horrific Idaho murder has been sentenced to life in prison for torturing and killing a 10-year-old boy in California in 1997.

Riverside County District Attorney spokesman John Hall says Joseph Edward Duncan III was sentenced to two life terms in Superior Court on Tuesday.

Tuesday’s sentencing was a chance for the family of the murdered boy to speak about how Duncan’s actions affected their lives.

Duncan had pleaded guilty and waived his right to an appeal in an agreement with prosecutors.

Duncan was charged with killing 10-year-old Anthony Martinez after he was abducted while playing near his Beaumont home. Martinez’s body was found two weeks later in the desert.

Duncan confessed after he was arrested in Idaho for the 2005 killings of two boys, their mother and her fiancé and the abduction of the boys’ sister.

1. jaided says:

what a sick ghost

2. sickofracist says:

Oh look this criminal is white. I guess the white criminals a don’t go around shooting people like other races. They are sexual deviants, pedophiles, serial killers who prey on the weak……women and children. Now how ignorant does this sound?

3. Marco says:

This is really sad. Really, really sad.

4. gwenn says:

I remember this poor little boy. He saved his younger brother from being kidnapped. His favorite song was ‘I believe I can fly’ by R. Kelly. To this day I get sad, choked up every time I hear that song, I always think of him. I say a little prayer for him, I know he Is flying.

5. Monalsa Liz-ardo says:

Never, never take your eyes off your kids. Not for a man, your vanity or money. I know people can make mistakes and end up losing their kids but at least don’t let down your guard whenever possible.

6. Sandi A says:

I just hope the Anthony Martinez’s family can now find some kind of closure. I remember this story very well. God bless Anthony.