Beaten Giants Fan Shows Signs Of Brain Damage

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Doctors say a San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten and badly injured at Dodger Stadium is showing signs of brain damage and remains in critical condition.

A Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center neurosurgeon said Tuesday that Bryan Stow of Santa Cruz suffered a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his frontal lobe.

For the first time the victim’s mother, Ann Stow, has spoken out. She spoke exclusively with KCAL 9’s Serene Branson about finding out her son was in the hospital and how their lives will never be the same again.

Dr. Gabriel Zada said Stow remains in a coma and that he’s showing signs of “brain injury and dysfunction.”

Meanwhile, Los Angeles Police Det. Jose Carrillo said investigators are checking an unconfirmed report that three men in Giants gear were struck by the same attackers before Stow was knocked to the ground and hit his head on the pavement.

Stow’s relatives said they do not blame Dodger fans for the attack.

1. No More Dodgers For Me says:

How can they NOT blame Dodgers fans for the attack?! Wasn’t the assault perpetrated by thug, low-life Dodgers fans? It’s a tragedy what happened to this young man. I will NEVER go to a Dodgers game again. The environment there is filthy, unsafe, and attracts the lowest forms of life… obviously. I am more than happy leaving the Dodgers to those that call them “The Doyers”.

1. Daniel says:

So why and how are you gonna blame EVERYONE who happens to be a Dodgers fan for something that two low-life thug criminals did??? What does being a Dodgers fan have to do with it? They were just looking for an excuse to perpetrate violence.

1. Saber 1 says:

The Dodger organization cut security and raised parking prices. They play hip hop during the game and allow idiots that wear shirts two sizes to big and allow them to throw gang signs and cut LAPD and have guys with wind breakers and flashlights. Oh, half price food and beer on some upcoming games. Way to go, throw a net on a sell out crowd and implode it.

I am a Dodger Fan and how is it my fault??? I have been praying to our God to please come and hold his hand and show everyone that he is with him and miracles can happen. My heart is full of hurt. The people that need to be held responsible are the ones that have taken the independence away from Bryan Stow, the husband, father, son, brother, uncle, friend. They will be found or turned in. It’s in God’s hands and it will happen. But blaming all those who wear Dodger gear are not in fault. These guys that did this do not wear Dodger gear because they are fans.. they are simply gang members that probably don’t even know who the players are. Instead of hating on those who had nothing to do with it.. why not use our energy on praying that Bryan Stow will recover and live life as he did before.

3. tony says:

it is easy to see you were never really a dodgers fan . real dodgers fans know how to act . just because a couple of gang members in dodger gear they don’t represent everybody …. so don’t worry you will not be missed at dodgers stadium

4. Trisha says:

This was my EXACT thought!!

5. Blueeeeeeeee says:

How are you going to LABELE all DODGER fans low lifes!!!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? You were a Dodger fan, and now you not anymore just because of this!?!!? Are you blaming youself for this tragedy???? It is so sad that ppl are ignorant!!!!Im still a Dodger fan, Its sad what happend to the guy. I really hope they find the two dumb butts that did that.

1. richie says:

Speaking of ignorant your speech says it all……..

2. Carol Velasquez says:

Wow…truly heartbreaking. As a Dodger fan Im embarrassed that this happened. As a human being im sickened by the thought that people can be so evil. I hope he pulls through. The idiots that did this deserve the electric chair!!!

1. Avenues says:

Stow’s sisters are pretty hot.

2. Avenues says:

The flannel shirt sister has nice racks. The black tank top one is sorta chubby.

3. El Cholos Los ELA says:

2 on 3, 2 won!

1. rick says:

Typical wettie,cholo attitude!!!!!!!

4. Vatos Locos says:

Stow’s sister in flannel shirt has nice racks, the other black tank top one is chubby though.

5. Barrio Elysian Park Boys says:

The 2 friends ran leaving this homeboy behind. End of story. Never turn your backs on the Enemy.

6. Avenue says:

Why did his friends ran?? They’re not true friends then if they ran.

1. ElZorroDenounced says:

Idiot remark. A fan is just that, a fan – of a sporting team or event. Fans are not required to fight – or become hoodlums. It’s a passtime, for Gods sake.

Dodger Stadium is DANGEROUS. Too many Mexican gangsters and rowdy violent people go to this stadium. The Dodger club does not want you to know how much violence exists at these games, but LAPD has noticed the trend for a few years now.

And yes, it is Mexican youth that is causing all this trouble at a family baseball stadium. Yes, I said it – it is the MEXICAN american uneducated youth from Los Angeles. Filth

2. GIANTSFAN says:

Hey Avenue !!!!! Let me ask you this.. .Why did these idiots hit Bryon Stow from behind and didn’t go toe to toe.. That’s a Chavala move !!! I’m sure once they catch these lowlife’s Bubba will enjoy their behind in prision

7. Loco Homeboy says:

His 2 friends that ran, they suck!!

1. BUSTTHESEFOOLS says:

LOCO HOMEBOY —- Yeah maybe his 2 friends did run.. They were just raised with Morals. Where are 2 fools that’s caused him the injury???? If these fools are so bad then why are they running?? All of of sudden they are afraid ??? They need to step up like men.. that’s if they are men. It seems like they went home to put on their panties.. cause now their hiding like a bunch of sissy’s. LOL Their hiding like a bunch of girls….. *************** WHOEVER HAS INFORMATION ON THESE IDIOTS.. TURN THEM IN RIGHT AWAY ***************

8. Los Vatos Barrio de Dog Town says:

I wonder what cause this? What information did the 2 friends have? Was it provoked or unprovoked? Was it a Racial thingy? Random acts?

9. Cholo Owns You says:

i wonder if they stole his wallet, if so, that can be very dangerous coz they know where he lives.

10. Chico Suave says:

White people are Stupid!!!! This is NOT a Hate crime. Just a random acts of violence. Wrong place @ the wrong time! Not a Hate crime stupid whites.

1. Mike says:

Random acts of violence caused by another POS mexican!

2. rjsmitty says:

Soken like a true racist.

3. linsey says:

wow..your not a racist???

4. linsey says:

was talking about chico, choco?? whatever…

5. cloudnine says:

People like Chico Suave are what makes our hispanic race embarrassing. If you notice all the comments left by these so call Doyer Fans it reflects all that we are speaking of. Look at every fight that breaks out.What do they have in common? Yeah you got it! DOYER FANS..

6. richie says:

Thats a totally ignorant statement, they are going to be charged with attempted murder,hate crimes and anything else the D.A can think of.

3. @ No More Dodgers for me says:

Unfortunately a narrow mind wouldn’t comprehend how the victims family isn’t blaming all Dodger fans.
    Sad to say that this isn’t an isolated case but obviously not all Dodger fans are to blame nor should they be. Definitely a tragic situation – hopefully the suspects are caught and prosecuted to the max.
    And since it doesn’t sound like you’re a true Dodger fan anyway – I hardly doubt that you’ll be missed at Blue Heaven. Sayonara!!!

4. John Q says:

actually the idiots that did this deserve to have there heads kicked in just like the victim.

1. Sick and Tired says:

ALL DAY, John Q…ALL DAY! If I ran into them and knew who they were, I’d kick their heads in myself!

5. 310west says:

Terrible, just terrible

6. Dodgersfan says:

I’m ashamed to be a Dodger fan right now. I visited San Fran Giants stadium in my Dodger jersey and the fans were nothing but nice to me. This is sad and now i wont even go to a san fran game at san fran to represent the Dodgers there. I love my city and im latino, but these idiots make the city and my people look bad.

1. Disappointed says:

HI DODGERSFAN — I understand what you mean. I love the Dodgers. I went to a Angel and Dodger game last year in my Dodger gear and I had a bunch of Angels fan’s behind me … and they were nothing but nice to me. We even took pictures. I didn’t have any problems.. I didn’t hear anyone say anything mean.. they treated me with respect.. plus i saw alot of security in the parking area’s. My wife and I went to Dodger Opening Day last year and she does not want to go back. She didn’t like the environment and there were too many intoxicated loud people. and alot of them are young. It’s a shame.

7. Dodgerblue says:

Dodger stadium should be held accountable, they need to provide better security even after you leave the stadium and are walking to your car. Cheap Mccourts (dodgerowners) have enough money for their tans and expensive haircuts, pay for some dang security. You wont be happy until a child dies in your parking lot. I wont be taking my children or myself to Dodger stadium anytime soon. The worst part is the Dodgers are not even acknowledging some type of resolution or increased security.

8. This is sad says:

First time i went to Dodger stadium, there was a fight in the stands, beers being thrown in the parking lot. I didnt see one security guard anywhere in the parking lot after the game was finished. The worst part is the LAPD police academy is literally half a block away from the stadium and this still occurred. LAPD and the Dodger organization should be ashamed.

1. girasoul09 says:

So true, and yet the other “boys in blue’ were so far.

9. Al-Qaeda says:

The Dodger organization has known for years about the degenerate environment they have created and sold to the public. Frank McCourt is on the hook for a major lawsuit. If I am not mistaken, an Asian fan was beaten to death about five years ago at Chavez by the same demographic of thugs who beat Stow.

10. joe says:

I went to the game on Saturday afternoon and there were cops everywhere.
    I don’t know if this will last or this was just a dog&pony show.

11. IRON EYES says:

1. Senseless and Sad says:

Amen. Nice to see words of encouragement from someone who has been in the same position. Mr Stow and his family will be my thoughts and prayers also.

2. ES says:

Who wants to go to a State Penitentiary anyhow? That’s exactly what Dodger stadium looks like. Sad.

C-Gas — to think that there people with your type of mentality. And who are you to pass judgment on a race because of someone else wrong doing. Are you saying that whatever race you are.. it’s perfect? there is not 1 race that does not have bad apples. Shame on you for in the eyes of God should you pass judgment on others. I hope that when it’s your time you ask for forgiveness. The funny thing is.. at one time….You bit into a apple, you bit into a orange, u had your dinner with onion’s… and to think.. it was a Hispanic that worked his fingers to the bone to make sure you had something to eat.

13. John Q. says:

Make sure to wear your Braves gear next Thursday for the first (of eight) half off alcohol price games of the year.

14. supermonkey says:

It happens…..

15. Larry A says:

It is a shame indeed. There is now a FB page called Dodger Fans against stadium violence. , get involved let’s end this stuff once and for all

16. rob says:

My guess is it was some hispanic gang bangers drinking tecate. Unfortunately there are way to many of them in LA. Si se puede “right” The after effects of a flawed immigration system.

17. gmon says:

Rob… Get bent

1. Emanon says:

Rob is right.. how long are we gonna coddle these law breakers and then they drop anchor babies, get on welfare, flood our systems with dependence then end up voting for more handouts… They grow up being belligerent …… and victimize people…

If this was a white on black or white on latino crime, racism would be the headline.. but oh no… not now… the “latino special interests..” will probably try to frame it as the “evil” white guy provoked the attack…. and the media and sheeple will believe it.

SEAL THE BORDERS… now, before our country becomes a cesspool.

18. Emanon says:

This is a HATE CRIME!!!
    If this was two whites on a latino, ALL the special interests would be screaming racism!! BUT NO, not now… two latinos destroy this family, and it is not a hate crime…. Those two animals need to be put to sleep.

19. skullfaceflamenco says:

Hundreds of Dodger fans saw this happen and did nothing. I work two blocks from the stadium. After EVERY Dodger game, hundreds of hispanic gangsters come pouring out onto sunset blvd. As they wait at the bus stop in front of my store, they scratch their gang names into our windows, spraypaint on the bus bench, walls, sidewalk, and if the bus doesn’t come right away, they will start punching random people, just for fun. Just another Dodger game…

20. sickinlosangeles says:

I know someone who went to the game the day after this beating happened. She said there was a young woman in a Giants jersey just rooting for her team and a female Dodgers fan actually went up to her and screamed in her face to sit down and shut the F up. Being a fan does NOT entitle you to be rude, aggressive, abusive and violent towards the opponent or their fans.

21. CEM78 says:

Raise the prices on the least expensive tickets that way that type of people will not be able to afford it or stop selling alcohol!!

1. In Simi Valley says:

Amen to that! I was just saying this today!

22. ILLEGALS says:

Dodger games are Dangerous!! Lack of Security & insane parking issues makes this Stadium prone to attacks such as this one. There’s NOT even Security cameras on premises, imagine that, NO security cameras. You can get mug, kidnap or stab & nobody will find out who the perpetrators are.

23. Joe Schmoe says:

Definitely a hate crime! No doubt! And yes they should raise the ticket prices to get these low lifes out of there. This is a sign of to many immigrants. I don’t like saying it, but it is the truth.

1. MELA says:

I believe there is good and bad in all races, but who do you think are the major serial killers here in the United States? NOT LATINOS…….BUT GRINGOS!(WHITES)

1. Sick and Tired says:

Gringos may represent a portion of serial killers, but LATINOS form GANGS here in the U.S., south of the border, and in the prisons, and thousands of people die each year at the hands of those same LATINOS. GRINGOS may not be perfect, but at least they’re not killing and/or mutillating in the vast numbers that LATINOS are on a yearly basis. Take a look at the Most Wanted List or turn on the news. I’m not sayin’ there aren’t GRINGOS in the media, but not NEARLY to the extent that there is of LATINOS and others…

2. Cameron says:

It’s a fact that the majority of inmates are either blacks or LATINOS! You don’t need to go to school to figure that one out. Oh wait, that’s right, most LATINOS don’t go to school hence the stupidity. Get the fact straight you lowlife moron!

24. Los Vatos Locos says:

LMFAO @ Dodger Fans. it’s boring as hell.

25. El Cholos says:

2 against 3, and 2 won!!

26. hey killers says:

Find them and kill them. This is the worst form of life that exsits and they need to be taken out. This is extremely serious, these guys need to be taken out of exsistence, immediately!!!!!!!!!!!1

27. Dash Rendar says:

Get ICE out at these games and trust me, you’ll see a dramatic drop in the UNWANTED ELEMENT out at these games.

1. ES says:

Better yet, check everyone’s legal status at the door and i’m willing the bet you’ll see very few of these latino thugs in the ballpark.

28. girasoul09 says:

How could Frank McCourt say that he felt confident that the parking lot was secure? Has he ever been in there at night? Drivers bum rush quickly to leave, people yelling loudly, and drink as well. And this is called entertainment? The baseball crowd and element has changed, due to the “gang mentality” Mr. Stow was beaten savagely and for nothing. Perhaps he should had left when he texted his family that he felt unsafe, and now look at the cost. His family, especiallly his wife and children will have the responsibility to provide care and wear heavy lifetime hearts for the act of three men and one woman. Like the character said in the movie that Samuel L. Jackson acted in , “A Time to Kill”, “I hope they all burn in hell.” Baseball is a pasttime in this country and unfortunately, so is the gang element attracted to the game. From what the comments say, I am not in doubt that this heinous crime was caused by cowards who have probably headed for the border, and not Taco Bell’s either. God help the Stow family. God help us all.

29. pablo says:

what the hell that guy was doing arguing with a mexican must be crazy traveling that far just to get his ass kicked think twice next time before coming to la

1. ES says:

With a name like “PABLO”, are you sure you’re in a position to dictate a person’s freedom to move around the country as they wish? Are you even allowed to be in this country legally much less post in here? Lets see your legal status.

30. MARK says:

This isn’t just about Dodger games. It’s about the fact that our city is now overrun by these lowlifes. Go back to your country and mess that up, instead of leeching off of ours like a cancer. Why is it that you all come here to the US? Oh yeh, because your country is a pile of dog sh#t.

1. Sick and Tired says:

Amen to that!!!

2. girasoul09 says:

Kudos to you, Mark. Your comment is right on time!

31. Sick and Tired says:

Dodger Stadium has been ghetto as all get out since I can remember (which dates back to the late 80’s), and after reading all of the comments and posts about lack of security, cameras, and visibility of police, that just proves a point: ghetto-a$$ people can do whatever the f*** they want ‘cuz ain’t nobody gonna come forward, rat them out, or say a damn thing. I agree with whomever said that this was a hate crime, and that if it had been 2 white guys beating a Hispanic, African-American, Asian, or any other race, the liberals would have been screaming bloody murder and the Reverend Jesse Jackson himself would have tag teamed with Louis Farrakan and those two would have had a field day. It’s a disgrace…a hundred times worse than being a Raiders fan (which I’ve been since I was a young child), ‘cuz at least the vast majority of the time, Raiders fans simply get attention from wearing elaborate costumes or getting wasted and kicked out of games. God bless you Brian Stow! May you pull out of this and be a better person for it. You have my word that I will never take my family to a Dodger game in Los Angeles!

32. Orange Curtain says:

I have lived in SoCal for nearly 35 years and learned long ago, you just don’t go to large public gatherings in Los Angeles. Especially sporting events like this where Anglean animals show their true colors and lack of any moral restraint. As was demonstrated, it is completely unsafe. The LAPD and security in these places are simply dysfunctional fearing racial profiling retribution for enforcing laws that the rest of civilized people respect. If you want to avoid this type of incident again, stay away from Los Angeles and especially places like East LA. That is one of the keys to survival if you intend to frequent the basin. Check your history books…LA has been known for its violence even when it was nothing more than a pueblo hundreds of years ago. Nothing here will ever change. With Mexican drug gangs running amuck in the basin, you’d be best advised to entertain your family elsewhere in a safer environment. Don’t just boycott it, abandon it! The financial enterprises like the Dodgers organization who are just after your money anyway will then be forced to relocate to more hospitable surroundings. There are much safer places than Los Angeles. Leave it to the animals!

1. Sick and Tired says:

Well brought up…PERFECT!!!

33. Jessica says:

Why I won’t associate myself with any sport teams who has the shaven heads with violent attitudes types. They’ve ruined The Raiders, The Lakers, and now The Dodgers. The intentional baldies are nothing but problems everywhere they go and it’s getting very weary to see them and have them around. Don’t assume they’re immigrants because I’m pretty sure they’re the American-Born brown trash that have been causing problems with their gangs, drugs, vandalisim, and welfare. Where I live and have growned up used to be so nice with decent people and now it’s getting over runned by these types no thanks to section 8, WIC, and EBT. Sick and tired of seeing a surge in graphfetti, loud car systems, litter, and rudeness.

1. LetsFinishThis says:

A palpable observation Jessica. What you are seeing, and we all are seeing IS viable. Not only is it heard of, it’s thrown in our faces. But, it’s not just Mexican – American undereducated gangsters. It is society as a whole. It is culture after culture, subculture, and societies that are turning violent, vicious, greedy, and arrogant. See the state of the world, and you will notice more WIDESPREAD violence in our human history. It is a worldwide epidemic. These human condition were prophecised about 1800 years ago, in the God Inspired Book of the Bible, left for our benefit and to discern truth from false hopes. I invite you to read the account of 2 Timothy 3:1-5 and Ephesians 2:1,2.

However, there is hope, even though the vast majority of people will ignore it. And that is our Creator. The key is to begin to learn from Him.

Good Comment.

34. Ashamed Dodger Fan says:

It wasn’t a hate crime, just stupid latinos who think sports is a gang thing. What a shame for the Dodger organization, the City of Los Angeles and the latinos.

I hope they catch these 2 guys and the gril that drove the getaway car. They all deserve to be behind bars.

35. Big brother says:

Damn, mexicans are worst than blacks.

36. Big brother says:

Ghetto mexicans.

37. Rich Mexican MD says:

With respect to racist posters, I don’t see Latinos as the problem but rather low income/ poverty and lack of education situation that the assailants are in, i.e, they have very little to lose.

I don’t know if ironic is the right word, but I find it amusing that LA favorite bb team for the last decade or so, the Angels, has a Mexican owner…

1. rjsmitty says:

Its been proven that low income and lack of education is not the reason for crimes. There are more whites in the country that are poor and under educated than any other race , but they dont commit crimes at the rate or fequancy as say hispanics . Its a culture thing .

2. Vic says:

Rich Mexican MD…April Fools!! HAHA, you just made me laugh right now. Ok, go back to mowing my lawn esse!

38. Rich Mexican MD says:

It’s not illegals or immigrants that need to be blamed, it’s the low socio-economic status and lack of education that the assailants are in…..i.e, they don’t have anything to lose.

I don’t know if ironic is the right word, but I find it amusing that LA’s most successful bb team for the last decade or so, the Angels, is owned by a Mexican. Funny little world isn’t it?

1. rjsmitty says:

No you are wrong again.

39. puro pedo says:

RIP!!!!! Viva los “DOYERS”

40. Brian says:

I’ve been going to Chavez for years. I gotta say theres been a huge mess of mexican SA’s going there. Most of them are chill but the younger ones who act all tough need to be herded and put away. They’re uneducated hoodlums.

41. ES says:

Typical Cholo behavior. They were tough then, where are they now?

42. VIVA LA DODGER says:

Lets not make any assumption about the two culprit involve in the beating of the Giant fan. They might look like thugs on the sketch and the fact that female driver with her kid in the car is the getaway driver, we should not make any hasty remarks about race of the people involve. The population in Los Angeles is predominately Hispanic and its known as gang capital, however what if the suspects are college graduate with a PhD and they just made the wrong decision due to their impairment from alcohol.

Can we all get along, cholos, blacks, whites, asians, and others

43. Kathryn Muniz/ SJ, CA says:

The place not to be is at AT&T Park the next time the Giants play the Dodgers. It is no better there, just more expensive. It doesn’t matter were it happened, it was just wrong. It has nothing to do with the team or it’s fans it has to do with evil people. Everyone who blames it on the team and it’s fans are just as stupid as the thugs that committed the crime. There have been many people jumped and beaten up at a Giants game, but we never hear about them.

44. Rich Mexican MD says:

You can’t write ‘it has been proven’and expect the ideas in your head and your comments to be credibile to others.

The fact of the matter is that whites as a ethnic group account for smallest portion of those living in poverty in America (please look for a credible source when you google this).

Poverty and minimal education are intertwined. Do you know of many educated individuals that prefer to reside in inner city neighborhoods? Please notice that affluent neighborhoods are not exactly filled with poor people with high school(or below) educations.

1. Bill says:

Rich Mexican MD? Isn’t that an oxymoron…lol! Wake up moron, this is not fantasyland!!

1. Ella says:

haha, i must admit, that’s funny!

2. Rich Mexican MD says:

Your statement is a fallacy. Look fallacy up while you look up the definition of oxymoron.
        By the way, I am the American dream…. Yes, that which eludes so many, the American dream…

I guess I should have chosen a more humble handle. But, I’m not rich, I still have to work for my money. I just live in a nice house, drive nice cars, and take nice vacations.

And to think I grew up in south central LA in the 80s (back then it was just called LA), at a time when crack acted as a bomb in inner cities across the country. Ah, yes the American dream…

45. cloudnine says:

Hey all you Doyers fans…Speaking as a 100% Home grown hispanic you all embarrass me!!!

46. Joel Raes says:

You will be found, you will be caught and you WILL BE IN PRISON!

Joel Raes

47. STEVE says:

48. Victoria says:

It’s a shame that we have a new generation of idiots that have no type of elocution or act with a ounce etiquette. Or in terms they can understand, you do not carry your selves with pride or have the know how to speak proper grammar or spell proper English. It was a pure act of violence from two individuals that have never paid consequences for their actions. They changed the lives of the Stow family forever. Without an ounce of regret, that he will need 24 / 7 aftercare and probably from a mother that had already done her job and raised a boy into a man. I pray that they are turned in, all three of them. What a sorry excuse for human beings and how dare the woman driving expose that child to such violence. SHAME on her, SHAME on all of them for acting with such behavior. And for all of you people that are making idiotic comments on racism, what the sisters are wearing, please!!! You people make your kind look bad. Educated people don’t make stereo types, you do, with your slang, lack of education, your wanna be demeanor, just plain lack of what’s real, and how you can change it with the simple process of thinking before typing. Think with common sense and stop using such ignorance, because in the end that’s all we have in common, as human being You choose which one you use more of day to day. Pray for the Stow family before you go to bed tonight.