No CA Gay Marriages During Appeal

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal appeals court has refused to allow gay marriages to take place in California while it considers the constitutionality of the state’s ban.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals made the ruling Wednesday in San Francisco.

California Attorney General Kamala Harris had joined gay marriage proponents in urging the appeals court to lift a stay that had been placed a lower court ruling to strike down Proposition 8.

Lawyers for two same-sex California couples argued that gays and lesbians are being hurt each day the ban remains in effect.

The lawyers sought again to lift the stay after the California Supreme Court recently said it would take at least until the end of the year to consider a legal question asked by the appeals court in the case.

Comments

1. Nice says:

Finally a little respect for the people that came out and voted after all parties agreed to put the issue on the ballot. Since they gay people lost they want to cry about. Man up.<—-opps that might be too much to ask.

2. Karen says:

What this tells me is that the 9th Circuit will be ruling for Prop 8 supporters. FINALLY And I have noted that former attorney general Jerry Brown and current attorney general Kamala Harris BOTH defied voters with this briefs in support of the gay couples. I will never vote for either one of them again. Who do they think they are publicly going against our vote? How do they think got them into office ? Divine intervention? No, it was the voters who also voted to define marriage as “between a man and a woman.”

3. Jesus Christ says:

How about if everyone voted to throw Irish into ovens? Should we respect the “will of the people” then. Learn what the Bill Of Rights is meant to protect you idiots.

1. Karen says:

Jesus Christ – Your FATHER already decided that marriage should be between a man and a woman. That is the ONLY way a child is created – with a man’s sperm and a woman’s egg. I’m surprised your dad did not tell you about the birds and the bees.

1. gh says:

That’s mean of you to imply marriage is only for making children. My husband and I were unable to have kids. It breaks my heart and everyday I wake up feeling dead inside.

2. Karen says:

I do not believe you. I think you wrote that just because. However, YOU CAN adopt so….

4. Osama Bin Laden says:

THANK TO YOU CALIFORNIA FOR VOTING PROP 8. MAKE LAW GOOD. DOWN WITH FREEDOM.

1. Karen says:

You are welcome but we Americans are STILL FREE!

5. Osama Bin Laden says:

ONLY THE STRAIGHTS ARE FREE. BLESS AMERICA! TAKE AWAY WOMEN’S RIGHTS NEXT, YES?

6. CW in LA says:

iT OS NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN HATE PEOPLE. I PAY TAXES, WORK, HAVE A HOME AND A FAMILY, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS GAY PEOPLE DON;T HATE. IT TAKE STRAIGHT PEOPLE FOR THAT.

1. Karen says:

I don’t know if you are male or female, but you are FREE to marry the opposite sex person if you would like. You are a human being and all human beings have rights so…. Your real argument is that you want EXTRA rights and that is simply not fair.

And Osama – men STILL make more money than I do and it does not change my mind about gay marriage. I VOTED YES ON PROP 8.

1. Rev. Pastor Smyth says:

You voted yes on 8?? God will send you to hell for hating people.

2. Karen says:

Reverand – YOU are NOT God so you have ZERO clue one way or other and frankly, I don’t care what you have to say about me.

I don’t hate anyone. I do not agree with gay marriage. It’s that simple.

3. Rabbi Moscovitz says:

I agree that Karen will be sent to hell. We teach love at our Temple, not hate.

4. Karen says:

Jewish people do not have a hell. What jokers you all are. It’s probably the same person posting with different names.

2. Idiot above says:

What are you talking about? There is just as much hate in the gay community as there is in any other community. Get over yourself. Ever been on a CNN gay story comment section. Gays get pretty raunchy on there.

7. Bruce says:

I know lots of gay men that hate—hate va-jay-jay!, that is!

8. Saber 1 says:

We voted Yes on 8 several times. I suppose if you don’t agree with the ruling, scream discrimination and send the vote to liberal judges.Go ahead and keep pole smoking & carpet munching, the people in their right mind are saying no wedding.

9. CW in LA says:

Karen, obviously you cannot read I was not asking for equal, just to stop the hate. I just want normal, not extra. I am female and educated and, I resent the part about men making more. It is that way for you because you tolerate that. Go get what you need. Don’t sell yourself short.

And as for Idiot above Oh Bummer you were spewing gay hate and you got smacked down. IIt is not hate you get from us it is fighing back against the shallow minded and othrs that thing that their opinoin of us should be law because they are superior. Get I F ing clue. I don’t need to get over myself I am out of the closet, maybe you should join me. CLOSET BOY

10. CW in LA says:

Dont try to have a battle of whits with me you obviously have a disadvantage.
    Do you seriously think that not only should we not have equal rights but we should shut up about it also. You are obviously swinning in a shallow pool.

11. CW in LA says:

Oh and by the way last time I checked the gangs around the world are made up of just about any race or religion, but I do not recall a gay gang that is running around killing people or selling drugs or stealing cars. Lets talk again about hate.

Saber 1 you are a shallow narrow minded POS. Are you just jealous because your house has no pole or carpet in it? Wow I am so sorry

12. Lenny says:

I’m with Karen all the way.
    Karen – it’s my birthday on Saturday.
    Will you bench press me?