Reports: Lawyer Who Prosecuted Paris Hilton For Drugs Is Busted With Cocaine

LAS VEGAS (CBS) — If you look under “ironic” in the dictionary, this story might be there. The lawyer who prosecuted Paris Hilton for drug possession has been himself busted for allegedly buying crack cocaine on a Las Vegas street.

David Schubert, 47, was the lead Vegas prosecutor in high-profile drug cases against Hilton and singer/songwriter Bruno Mars.

Authorities say he was arrested Saturday after police observed a known drug dealer hop into his white BMW.

According to various reports, police found crack cocaine in the car after the bust.

Schubert has worked in the DA’s office for nine years.

His colleagues expressed shock and said they never suspected he might have been taking illegal drugs.

Schubert has reportedly been suspended pending the outcome of an investigation.

The arresting officer told reporters that the dealer told him Schubert has been buying crack for about six months and three-four times a week at $40 a clip.

Defense attorney David Chesnoff, who ironically represented both Hilton and Mars, told Reuters he wished Schubert well.

He added, “I don’t know the facts but I believe in the presumption of innocence.”

1. Mary says:

So many Lawyers use speed to stay awake so that they can keep up with school and their cases. If the system did a “On Demand” drug test, many would fail. Los Angeles County Social Workers should also be tested – It would be interesting to see how many would fail.

1. Adrian Sidney says:

I agree with that one too.

2. diane_craig says:

I am a LA County Social Worker and I can pee, hair strand or drug test on demand! No problems in my life. I do agree that lawyers, judges, law enforcement, fire department and yes, social workers, hospital personnel should all be subject to some random tests.

2. Adrian Sidney says:

Now I could be wrong but for some reason I think this sounds a little strange. Sounds like it could be a a set up. When you have Paris Hilton money I’m sure you can pay some people off to do some evil things for revenge.

1. SteveA says:

Definitely strange. 47-year-old veteran DA starts using crack? There’s got to be more to this…

1. nek says:

Yep, there is more. He was trying to buy up all the cocaine on the streets of Las Vegas just so Parris Hilton couldn’t get her hands on any more. Here’s just another do good Government soul being wrongly accused. And I bet he put it in his nose just to make sure the stuff was real and that he wasn’t being taken advantage of by some low life street drug dealer passing off dusting powder as cocaine.

3. Jim says:

It’s actually called Karma; you do it to someone else and you get it back. Lawyers aren’t immune to the laws of the physical universe. And remember, 99% of the lawyers give the rest of them a bad name. (Thank you, Steven Wright).

4. drozone69 says:

I agreewith the first post.Mandatory oral swab and hair follicle drug testing for all state and city workers.This would weed out the ninkampoops on the gravy train.The private sector does it,so why not all others on tax payer dime?

5. Double Standard says:

Isn’t it amazing when a police officer is accused of a crime, thye are not allowed on an ongoing investigation.
    Now when it’s is not a police officer they can make statements to the press like:

What kind of a deal did the police make with the dealer because the guy just admitted to a very serious crime.

6. ILLEGALS says:

Don’t mess with Paris Hilton..

7. drug test says:

Thank you, I have just been looking for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain about the source?|What i do not realize is if truth be told how you are not really a lot more smartly-appreciated than you may be right now. You are so intelligent.