Grapevine Section Of I-5 Closed Due To Storm

CASTAIC (CBS) — A storm that brought heavy rain, wind and snow Sunday prompted the closure of a long stretch of the Golden State (5) Freeway through the Grapevine, a California Highway Patrol Officer said.

The closure, which started just north of Parker Road, was ordered at 7:09 p.m., said CHP Officer Krystal Carter.

No weather-related collisions were reported in the area, but weather precautions were being taken, Carter said.

Alternate routes include the Antelope Valley (14) Freeway, which was experiencing extreme congestion.

Comments

1. bill galli says:

We have been on th grapvine for5 hours . What is going on? Have not seen hardly ant rain or snow for hours. There are thousands of cars and trucks

2. Carleton says:

I lived it. Had to sit it out. Crazy

3. Mozlover says:

I made a u turn and I’m so glad that i dd. Sleeping like a baby at my aunts guest room in bakers!

4. Alison says:

That was a nightmare! I cannot believe they did not allow the hundreds of cars to complete our pass over the ‘vine. Instead they shut it down with no escape route. Trapped. No hotels available anywhere along the route once it did open. Arrived home to SLO county at 6 a.m.

5. Chendaddy Chen says:

You weren’t trapped. A bunch of us backtracked up north, headed west on 166, and then came back south on 101. It took forever, but I got back to Hollywood five hours before they re-opened the Grapevine around 10am.

6. les says:

dagh the vine doesnt save time lol.