Rapper Nate Dogg Dead At 41

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — Rapper Nate Dogg has died of complications from multiple strokes, according to attorney Mark Geragos.

Known for rapping with icons such as Snoop Dogg and Warren G, the family of 41-year-old Nathaniel Hale, known as Nate Dogg, reported that he died Tuesday.

Hale’s voice was featured on hits including Warren G’s “Regulate,” 50 Cent’s “21 Questions,” Dr. Dre’s “The Next Episode” and countless others.

His near monotone crooning anchored some of rap’s most seminal songs and helped define the sound of West coast hip-hop.

He was childhood friends with Snoop Dogg, eventually adopting a similar on-stage name. On Wednesday, Snoop expressed his condolences in a tweet.

“We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb…One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met. I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit wit … I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan. … All doggs go to heaven yo homie n baby brotha bigg snoopdogg!!”

Tweeted fellow rapper, Ludacris: “There is a certain void in hip hop’s heart that can never be filled. Glad we got to make history together. RT @SnoopDogg: RIP NATE DOGG.”

(TM and © Copyright 2010 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Lenny says:

RIP Nate.

1. dedrick callahan says:

r.i.p.nate dogg!!!your up there in heaven with the rest!!!god always take the best.youl be always missed and forever loved!!!true west coast gangsta crip!!!gonna miss you cuzz!!thanks for the music!!youll never be replaced!!!

1. stwebb says:

Why is he necessarily in Heaven, and not hell? I mean if you live a life of sin, why would you be in Heaven?

And your comment, “god always take the best” is pure unadulterated stupidity! God doesn’t take anyone…but god (satan) is the destroyer. So maybe you are partially correct…god (satan) always takes (not ghetto – take) ANYONE he can!

Nate Dogg will be forgotten by 12-21-12.

I’m not saying he is going to hell, but I’m saying why does everyone that dies automatically get sent to Heaven???

Come on!

2. JonJon says:

stop being a hater. that’s it.

3. empyrean82 says:

In all fairness, STWEBB, we all live lives of sin. The defining difference between our place in Hell or our place in Heaven is whether or not we have a growing relationship with Christ; whether we attempt to turn from our sin for the sake of being like Him. And even then, despite knowing Him, we STILL will falter. It is the simple fact that we are still of the flesh and still residing in a fallen world.

As foolish as it may be to assume someone is in Heaven it is just as foolish to assume they are in Hell. Despite most people being condemned it is not fair for you to think you knew Nate Dogg (or any other individual) at the level of his heart, mind and soul.

The only thing you really should do in these situations is perhaps be concerned over whether or not Nate Dogg turned his life over to Christ; that he could know Him. In turn you should share the Gospel and His message of love and salvation and His judgement of sin should He be refused. You are to be a neutral party; to simply be the messenger. You are not the judge, jury and executioner.

4. lelouchelamprouge says:

ok listen everbody once and for all the date is not 12-21-12 its 12-12-12 okay

2. sexyroseseeking says:

Hello my dear readers ,My friends recommend me this site —Millionaire’Romances. ℃’○M.is a place where you can meet wealthy, successful men or rich, beautiful and hot ladies. Its unique feature “Millionaire first date idea” allows you to write down your favorite first date idea with others and realize your romantic dating dream. Meanwhile, we have hundreds of thousands of people online everyday, you can chat with them and find your ideal local match. It’s worthy a try. You do not have to be rich or famous.
      ————

3. Mel says:

1 down and every other rapper to go…can we some how expedite this process?

1. mister s says:

Set the example and kill yourself?

2. mister s says:

Mods…. delete this comment it was in reply to another persons comment which you already deleted.

2. RIP Nate says:

RIP big Nate Dogg…true west coast legend….

3. Justin Herrera says:

DAMN NATE DOGG REST IN PEACE YOUR AT REST NOW WEST COAST STAND UP!

1. West Cost Fan says:

Truley a West Cost Legend…Stand Up West Cost! RIP Nate Dogg…you were truley amazing…big prayers to your fam and friends
      Peace

1. stwebb says:

Dude…it’s coast…not cost! And it’s truly…not truley! Education is important!

4. Brown&Proud says:

R.I.P NATE. i love your voice! you are a true legend that will be remembered

5. Lilliana Mellsq says:

R.I.P Nate Dogg

6. STACEY says:

TO ON OF THE GREATS THAT GOD HAD BLESSED US WITH HAVE RETURNED HOME TO OUR MAKER ND WILL BE SADLY MISSED…….REST IN PEACE NATE DOGG.

7. Jamie says:

RIP Nate Dog you will be missed:(

8. Marco says:

What do they mean cause of death has not been disclosed? You can’t just report he’s dead without saying why?

1. Mark J says:

The gentleman had two strokes in the past three years.
      I would say that this was the cause of death. It is sad.
      Rest in peace.

9. Tracy dantzler says:

you are in a better place and no more suffering.

10. Eric Mendoza says:

Crazy he was a Dope Ass West Coast Legend. Had some some gangster hits with Snoop, Tupac, Kurupt, Westide Connection and a the Doggpound. He was truly one of the best rappers/singers on the westside of the map. R.I.P Big Nate!

11. Veronica says:

may god bless him and his family in this time of pain, he will be greatly missed and always remembered.

12. Eddie Earth says:

R.I.P Nate Dogg ….Say Hi to 2 pac and Biggie You’ll always be remembered in the LBC…

13. Brad says:

Another false “legend” has departed. Rappers are so-o-o yesteryear, so when you delusional dummies wake-up and finally give us some real talent — I’m waiting.

1. Mario says:

You know Brad, thats a pretty messed up thing to say. Its your opinion and your entitled to it, but did you really need to post it here, now, where people who loved his contribution to the hip hop world and are trying to honor the memory of a man who just died. You are just really classless.

2. Asia Veena Campbell says:

I see you dont have any…..HA! askin for others???

14. michelle says:

RIP NATE DOGG😦

15. danny says:

FOO HAVE SUM RESPECT LIL BOY LAME ASS VERGA CLEANER HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER!

16. Fizzy says:

its a sad story.R.I.P Nate dizzle

17. jay says:

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pour out a little liquer.

18. michelle zingapan says:

Rest in Peace Nate Dogg….

19. Leslie Andrew says:

We say goodbye to a West Coast G. Things won’t be same in the LBC.
    He had a unique sound, that everybody knew, rest in peace Nate Dogg. We’re gonna miss you. He flowed with the Crips as well with the Bloods. It really doesn’t matter if you soo-woop or cuz. So I’m asking everyone who knew this man, throw up the double u, if you’re a West Coast fan.

1. Haastyle says:

nicely done. nice flow.

20. Rena Birchfield says:

sad he was so young

21. Veena Campbell says:

God Bless You! I lobe you Nate and always will….You turly was the a G. Gansta……..so shocked…….. R.I.P Love U Mayne…<3

22. ajay says:

damn rip nate dogg ..all the real niggas dyin

23. mister s says:

RIP Nate, most soulful voice in rap. Dre said he couldn’t get him on Detox due to to health issues he was having related to his stroke a couple years ago. Id wager a bad mix of prescription drugs had something to do with this…… hafta wait and see.

24. jay says:

G-funk on a whole new level…the rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble.

25. Asia Veena Campbell says:

Love you, Nate…You will be missed by me and the rest here in the westside…..Loved your SEXYNESS.. STYLE….<3

26. Simply Sugah says:

Rip Nate Dog!!!

27. HollywoodSaint says:

I remember back in 1997 I worked on his video “nobody does it better” with warren g and he took a picture with me on break…He was cool as Fuk….Rest in peace brotha…..G funk never died for me

28. fernando says:

the best of the best….I’m going to celebrate by listening to nate dogg….all day…..RIP.

29. SHELLA says:

R.I.P. NATE, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AND MISSED, BECAUSE YOU WERE THE BEST !!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE……………….

30. Cesar Jimenez says:

“I wish I would have been a lover, how long will we mourn my brother” R I P NATE DOG!

1. brian says:

LOL… I wish it could have been another. As in another person who died.

Sad he’s gone but really he’s been gone for a few years now. This is more of a happy thing than sad if you ask me

31. Santana says:

Did any of you state funded ghetto losers go to school??

32. Rico says:

R.I.P. Nate Dogg you will be remembered…

33. Jason Nichols says:

Learn the best method to learn the guitar online! A comprehensive review of online guitar instruction sites, see which ones the easiest!

34. BadBoy says:

Good Glad he is gone cant rap $h1t

35. Colleena says:

R.I.P Nate DOgg

36. RUCKMAN says:

i love your music NAT ,from an old white lady, i will miss you

37. celso says:

Rest in peace Nate we íll always love you . Celso From Mozambique -Maputo

38. Majestic says:

West Coast star is gone….RIP….Nate Dogg.

39. ANITA says:

RIP NATE DOGG!!!!!!!

40. Adedayo says:

Hiphop legend with a very unique style. Everybody wanted to feature him. U r the best. Rest in Peace. God has taken u for a reason.

41. J, Quinones says:

A truly sad day… West coast hip hop lost a legend. Hip hop will not be the same. R.I.P. Nate Dogg.. L.B.C will never forget you.

42. Ana Fonseca says:

Folks, is this really true? Has given no, no cause of death, nothing. I find it very odd that an icon of hip-hop as Nate has announced his death so disposable, no search data. Anyway, let’s wait! Kisses from Brazil!

43. CLEO says:

REST IN PARADISE NATE DOG MUCH LOVE MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY ONE OF THE BEST

44. Cali Slim says:

Rest in peace Nate dog the OG hook singer you will be missed dearly much love to his kids..

45. DUROJAYE ADEMOLA MICHAEL says:

MUSIC & ME!!! RESPECT NATE DOGG😦😦😦

46. melissa says:

my favorite alll time rapper…nate dogg….rih man!

47. Valley Girl says:

I used to listen to Nate before going to school & in my “smoking out sessions”. Can’t believe he’s gone. May he rest in peace with the angels above. I’ll smoke a big blunt in your memory homie. It sucks you had to leave us so sudden and soon, R.I.P. NATE DOGG😥

48. THE KKK says:

Rot in hell nnnnnniiiiiiiigggggerrrrr for messing up our kids with your jungle music. I hope snoop and ice t is right behind you.

1. JABBY says:

why in the hell would u say something like that would u want someone sayn that bt ur family or friends grow up R I P NATE DOGG U WILL ALWAYS BE LOVED AND REMEMBERED!!!

49. GSTUFF says:

TO MY HOOMIE I LOST WE CAN STOP THINKIN ABOUT U WE LOVE U BUT GOD LOVE U MOST,MENNNNNNNNN HIP HIP IS DEAD AIN”T GON STOP TALKIN ABOUT U COZ U ARE HOOMIE TILL U DIE YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I CRY

1. Super Charger says:

To my “Hoomie”? Is that Ebonics?

50. Don Tony And Kevin Castle Show says:

There once was a rapper named Nate
    Who some used to love, some hate
    Its s shame these rap thugs
    Usually die from taking drugs
    Or end up dead from someone’s .28

1. Michael Biggers says:

LOL

2. Super Charger says:

WORD!

51. joyce chapple says:

To the family of nate dogg, my god dry all of your tears. only god can and will help you get through this. may nate rest in peace!!!!!!!!!

52. rankin says:

never heard of him

53. Joseph says:

It bad enough that rap music today SUCK already. But this is just too much I swear there will. Never be another one like he was a true talent. And to think people rather to listen T-Pain annoying voice what a shame R.I.P Nate Dogg real talent

54. Saber 1 says:

What the hell do you expect when your a thug drug addict promotting death gangs and drugs? Carma has come around the corner and hit him. One less thug spreading hattred of cops and doing drive bys and treating women like property.

By thug.

1. KMc says:

its wierd that you are talking about KARMA… but yet, you are JUDGING others!!! with that being said….. YU BETTER WATCH OUT BCUZ KARMA IS A B**CH!

2. unmlvdo says:

carma is spelled with a K as in kkk, you ignorant rap fan. Why are you in here unless you care?

55. Obama Yomama says:

Oh darn, another dead negroid, so what?
    Somehow I am thinning he didn’t die if natural causes.

Yiah boi!!

1. brittney says:

yall are some else with yourselves should just be ashamed of how yall online talking about a man yall don’t even probably know or anything so let me tell you this….. If you don’thave anything to say good about us black people (as you called it) then don’t say anything at all

56. Super Charger says:

Later “Dead Dog”!

1. Saber 1 says:

Dead Dogg got hit by a car licking his stones in the middle of the street.

57. DAKWELL MORGAN says:

REST IN PEACE

58. unmalvado says:

It ain’t a hit till Nate Dogg spit

59. mister s says:

I see several people here posting ignorant racist comments in an article about a mans death. Those people almost surely do not even know who Nate Dogg was aside from being black, and a rapper. They know nothing about his health issues or what he did for the music genre. Those people, the ignorant racist above…… I’d bet my life not one of them has the balls to spout their ignorance in person, when not hiding behind a keyboard.

1. brittney says:

am with you on that one… how can someone talk about some one who is already gone an passed

60. romania says:

r.i.p and lay low

61. brittney says:

i am truly going to miss you and to the family you all will surly be in my prayers!!!!!

62. Kitty says:

I heard power 106 called him a “Legend”…he was not a legend, he was only a rapper..Example of a legend would be The Beatles, Maddona, Michael Jackson, U2..Just because he died doesn’t make him a legend.

1. mister s says:

What makes a legend? The fans. Nate was a legend to the fans of the genre, just like the others you listed. Personally, I couldn’t care less about the “legends” you posted, but to their respective fans, they were unparalleled in their field. Nate was too, nobody in the rap genre could come close to matching his soulful voice or talent for making a song….. a hit. Thats why he IS a legend.

1. kitty says:

He probably had a couple one hits but it was always with the help of other GREAT artists. He was basically the backup singer. I don’t recall him winning a Grammy or any other award..Do you? He’s solo records did not sale millions like the legends above..”cry me a river”

2. JABBY says:

I THINK YALL JUST JEALOUS U AINT A LEGEND WOME ON HAVE U GHUYS EVER GOT FAR IN LIFE AS IN SINGING AND MAKIN THE MONEY THEY DID HELL NAHHH!!!

63. David Springle says:

R.I.P. to one the the most legendery west coast rappers to ever hit the mic much love to you and your family and to all else out there take this as an example that tomorrow is not promised to live today and don’t live with hate in your heart……R.I.P. again big homie…and when you read this or any other comment about him give yourself a sec to pay some respect

64. Sonia N. says:

R.I.P. Nate Dogg… your music will live on.

65. David Springle says:

Saber 1 you should not post things on site like this were other ppl are going to read them until you pass the 1 grade and learn how to spell you dumb illiterate backs woods hick or atleast get a spell check man KARAMA is with a K unless you are talking about that model…..idiot

1. Saber 1 says:

Blow me, i think I spelled that correctly.

66. escobar ise says:

damn mayne its so sad nate had to leave us so early.first thing i did when i heard the news was pour out some liquor for the homie.i need everyone reading this comment to pour out some liquor too.we gon miss you out here in Africa homie.hope saint peter lets you in, and holla at pac , big and bbob.we will miss you for ever OG.nobody can do it better.peace

67. SoonYoullKnow says:

illuminati people kiled him. Just like the rest of the rap legend such as tupac. Illuminati controls the music business. They want rappers to talk about sex drugs and violence , thats how they get paid and become rich and famous, thats wat illuminati wants to hide from u, but im willin to tell evryone, if rapers sudenly go againts the illuminati and try telling evryone that they r being conrolled they will die

68. KMc says:

some people need to seriously get a life! how are yu going to be so disrespectful to a deceased person…. they are real people with families!!!! UGH!!!! RIP NATE DOG!!! his destination after death is not determined by us by no means, sheesh! yall cold hearted ignorant idiots need to stop and think of someone besides yourselves! AGAIN, RIP NATE DOGG!!!! =)

69. Kendog says:

There will be a void in the rap game,I pray for his family.God Bless!

70. unmalvado says:

To all the haters posting shift on this beach…….. better lay low!

71. The Dago Stud says:

Hip Hop ain’t what it used to be since the death of Hoppity Hooper some years back.

72. Ka-Rin Sneed says:

Ok! , I am only posting due to the past posts , mainly the first one .. just cause someone dies does NOT mean they are gonna go straight to heven or hell . hell is right here with us in everyday life , that is why we go thru so much pain and heartbreak . people pass and are at peace! just cause he was a rapper doesnt make him a sinner! .. and for Swabb or whatever your name is .. always remember this .. when you point the finger! .. you got 3 pointing right back at you! .. so .. you wanna wanna renig you statement! .. sinner?

73. ALFIE BLANCO says:

R.I.P NATE DOOG, MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN HEAVEN, AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOUR FAMILY IN THIS SAD TIME, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HARTS.

74. AGS Family says:

In behalf of me (Albert), Donald, Mario, Rich, Norm, Nic, Cora, Eric Jennie, David, Crack Head, D’Arcy, Chris, Rose, Laurie, Lisa W., Lisa G., Eric, Dennis, AJ, Serena, Carmen, Jaquita, Duwanda, Linda aka (PINKY), Alma may you R.I.P Nate Dogg, you will be miss.

75. unmalvado says:

Regulators mount up!

76. Jwondo74 says:

Damn,cant believe another one of the greats is gone! R.I.P CUZ you will be greatly missed,and for all you haterz out there u all are pathetic hiding behind your keyboards,LMFAO strait Bi*ches! Have some respect for the fallen LAMES! R.I.P much love to you cuz,my thoughts and prayers go out to your family!

77. Saber 1 says:

How come all you HOME BOYS and GIRLS don’t give this type of response when a soldier dies in combat defending this GREAT NATION of LEGAL CITIZENS? Sad day when a thug gets more respect than a soldier, sad day in deed.

1. says:

it’s even more sad when you yourself compare the death of a rapper to the a soldier while you give absolutely no respect to his death !!!! so why should anyone respect what you say !!
      Think about it and stop being stupid Saber 1 !!

78. jonny says:

Legend? Really? Is everyone that does a legend? C’mon.

79. Jonny says:

dies i meant,

80. Carla salazar says:

We will miss u your the best can no one take your place just like u said u can come closer than close original they never will be thats right cuz the rappers from now are nothing like the old g”s from back in the dayz

81. Carla salazar says:

We cant say he went to hell cuz he could have repented dayz or months befor we dont know if he was with christ its not even cool to make comments like that even if he did go to hell cuz it might not hurt u but it still hurts christ cuz he loves us even if were sinners ask god for forgiveness for what u said cuz u maybe hurted someone else u can even be condemed for that comment.

82. Mr.Klown wmlk13 says:

WEST COAST BAD BOY NATE DOGG BE THE LORD HAVE YOU IN HE’S ARM’S WILL MISS YOU BRO YOU WHERE TRULY ONE OF THE KIND AND NO ONE TO REPLACE YOU BRO WEEST SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

83. dekor1..klown WS.MLK13 says:

84. WORLD WIDE SUR13 says:

Nate Dogg From all The SOUTHERN.UNITED.RAZA13 much respect to a legend that will never be replace In the name of all SURE!NOS13 RIP NATE DOGG

85. p.o.w989 says:

Damn nate dog u will be missed thanks for opening the doors for the D.C.B of saginaw mi damn i miss u big uncle nate R.I.P love always
    P.O.W989

86. RON C WEED says:

UNA GRAN PERDIDA. GRANDE MAESTRO NATE DOGG , COMO ESCUCHE POR AHI LAS LEYENDAS NO MUEREN…….SALUDAME A MI HOME BOY CHATO YUKMOUTH, AKA CHATO THUGG KILLA

87. Above G says:

R I P, Nate you will always be remember, I love u

88. ANGELA says:

RIP NATE DOGG

89. Omas T says:

Is it true what my cousin Emilio said – that on the Stern show, Stern was defending Gilbert Godfried for saying Nates tombstone should read ‘another one bites the dust, yo’ ?? Sounds like somethin Stern would do.

90. says:

A few people on this site have no respect for the dead nor the pain their family may be dealing with.. That’s sad !
    Rest in Peace Nathaniel Hale !! Because that’s who really died and that’s who the people that knew him best, will remember.
    Nate Dogg though will live on through his voice in multiple songs.

91. Bernard Anthony says:

Nate Dogg a true warrior in R n B man. Like Tupac said the good ones always go first. But u will be missed Nate Dogg. When u heard Snoop Dogg you heard Nate Dogg right with him. Nathaniel Hale is now an Angel in the kingdom of heaven. May we all that was true to Nate Dogg never forget the seal he put down everytime he opened his mouth and sang his song. May God bless his family and friends. Until we meet again my fellow Nate.

92. nosa agidigbi says:

Nate dog a true raper and angle one of the best in hip hop you bring a true meaning in hip hop and in genaral may soul rest in pace from nosa agidigbi