Feds Raid 2 West Hollywood Medical Marijuana Clinics

WEST HOLLYWOOD (AP) — The Los Angeles Times reports federal drug enforcement agents have raided two West Hollywood medical marijuana dispensaries and taken one person into custody.

Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Sarah Pullen says the raids at Alternative Herbal Health Services and Zen Healing began at around 2 p.m. Tuesday in conjunction with the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. She would not say what led to the raids or what was seized, but she confirmed that federal agents had one person in custody.

The targeted dispensaries are among four that the city of West Hollywood has authorized to operate. West Hollywood was one of the first California cities to regulate medical marijuana sales.

Comments

1. lotsoflaughs says:

If you have time please check out my blog. It’s just a bunch of funny stories I’ve written and is all really clean stuff. I’m hoping to get enough readers that someone might notice and be able to publish some of my writing someday. So if you like it please share it with family and friends. http://www.jaredslighterside.blogspot.com

2. Johnny Popp says:

What gives the Federal Government the right to tell me whatI can andf cannot putinto my body?
    I am a grown, 63 year old man and if I wanna Smoke Pot whose business is That?
    We live in Police State…

1. The Philopsher says:

I aggree and we are the same age…

3. 420 FRIENDLY says:

I TOTALLY AGREE, WHO GIVE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THE RIGHT TO TELL US WHAT WE CAN OR CAN NOT PUT INTO OUR BODY…WE HAVE RIGHTS AS HUMANS…SINCE GETTING MY PERSCRIPTION, I DONT HAVE TO STAND ON A CORNER TO BY DRUGS…SINCE SMOKING MARIJUANA, I HAVE YET TO TOUCH A DRUG ON THE STREE…BEEN 3 YEARS NOW….AND MY ANIEXTY IS GONE, DEPRESSION IS GONE, AND NO MORE PILLS HAVE TO BE TAKEN

1. smoking angel says:

Good for you 420 friendly, you go girl!

1. you simply got caught says:

how do you know 420 friendly is a girl?? is this you hahahahahahahah :0)

4. roy says:

Thanks Obama. He specifically stated that no more marijuana raids would be conducted in the state of california by the DEA. I can’t believe I voted for the idiot.

5. Roland Clarke says:

Guys, relax….

Despite 21 USC 863 Bongs are now fully legal at the Federal Level. Marijuana and lots of other drugs are soon to follow. The Gov’t just can’t afford to case us anymore. 🙂

Case No. C 08-02533-PJH is the precedent.

6. mitzi says:

I’m sick gonna smoke some pot now. My dr signed my recommendation and the gov’t can kiss my pot smoking a$$. It is smoke the pot or puke