Villaraigosa Back In Washington, Promoting Transportation Plan

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will be in the nation’s capitol Thursday to meet with lawmakers about his national jobs and transportation plan, America Fast Forward.

Villaraigosa is set to meet with Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and give the luncheon keynote speech at the Campaign for America’s Future Summit on Jobs, according to an aide.

America Fast Forward is a plan that would increase the funding and expand the power of the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act.

Villaraigosa says America’s Fast Forward would generate $158 million in total economic output focused in the construction and technical industries, generate $10.6 billion in new federal tax revenue, and another $5.8 billion in state tax revenue. The plan is supported by the presidents of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the AFL-CIO and more than 60 mayors.

Thursday’s trip is Villaraigosa’s fifth to Washington D.C. since September. Villaraigosa is scheduled to return to Los Angeles Friday.

Comments

1. swhitS says:

Love these criminal politicians spending taxpayer dollars on something the public haven’t been asked if they want!

1. lotsoflaughs says:

If you haven’t checked out this blog yet you should. It’s got a bunch of really funny stories that are all super clean. I’m trying to get more readers to my blog in hopes of being able to publish someday. So if you check it out and like it please tell family and friends about it. http://www.jaredslighterside.blogspot.com

2. samie says:

t;here he goes again…..promoting himself, and getting photo spreads….does he really think the public is that stupid that they dont know he is getting ready for some government job when he leaves office (not to soon as a matter of fact) hope they send him as a ambassador to Tunisia……ygh

3. Argyle says:

Why is he working on a national plan when he can’t even get a local plan done? What’s the plan – fill potholes across the country and call it a day? Get back here mayor and fix LA before you even think about anything else!

4. Tax Payer says:

Maybe he could transport himself south and use his own money instead for fleecing taxpayers.

5. CAN says:

He can’t do this via Skype and save LA lots of money?

6. ROBERT GREELEY says:

HE’S A PHOTO-SHOOT EXPERT. HE WANTED TO BE GOVERNOR BUT THAT’S A BOOBY TRAP SO HE’LL SHOOT FOR PRESIDENT. IF A CIOMMUNITY ORGANIZER CAN MAKE IT, ANYONE CAN. HE’S A MIRROR OF POSTURING, POSITIONING, NO-SUBSTANCE OBAMA

7. Antonio Villaraigosa says:

I would like to thank my fellow Angelenos for paying for mine and my girlfriend’s trip to Washington D.C. . I am going to bring back lots of photo’s for you to see I am trying to take as many trip’s as I can possibly fit in to my busy schedule as long as I am In office. and see if my Amigo’s in Los Angeles will erect a statue of me in front of city hall for all to see. oh by the way I am still waiting to here about the six foot tall wall that you people have to pay for around the mansion so please have done by the time I get Back! Thank you AMIGO’S……

8. rjjrdq says:

Unfortunately, this is what the people of Los angeles want, along with the dingbat city council. Throw in a few more tax hikes and we have what we have now. That’s what the people want. si se puede.