1 Killed, 5 Injured In SUV Rollover Crash On I-5

POMONA (CBS) — A 40-year-old Pomona man was killed and five others injured in an SUV rollover crash on Interstate 5 in the San Joaquin Valley, the California Highway Patrol said Saturday.

Pomona resident Paula Jacobo, 39, was driving the 2004 Ford Expedition when she reportedly lost control. The SUV swerved at least twice before rolling off the freeway between Los Banos and Tracy and ejecting three of six passengers, according to authorities.

Three girls — ages 17, 15 and 10 — suffered major injuries. Jacobo and a 9-year-old boy were both taken to Memorial Medical Center in Modesto with minor injuries.

The identity of the man, who died at the scene, has not been released.

The CHP said alcohol was not a contributing factor in the traffic accident and all the ejected passengers had not been wearing seatbelts.

Comments

1. GWL says:

In this day and age, why weren’t they buckled up?

2. Rebecca L. Vallejo says:

Paula is my cousin cousin. It’s a terrible thing. No words can describe how we all feel. My Prayers out to all.

1. Jackie Ramirez says:

Rebecca, my son Dominic is good friends to Thomas they’re in the same classroom. You don’t know how bad we feel and we are completely devestated over the news. We just found out yesterday and it’s been really hard just to process it. Our prayers are completely with your entire family. Please, if you can get me an address where I can mail something out to Paula I will greatly appreciated it. We want to send something personally to Paula, Thomas, and the family. I know this is a hard time for all of you and you find yourself overwhelm but if you can possible keep me updated I will greatly appreciated it. We want to be there for the family. Please know you are not alone and we are here to help in any way shape and form we can. We are really worry and concern about Thomas and the children. We really want to be there for them. Please email me: jramirez1108@gmail.com

3. Denise Sabedra says:

The Sabedra family sends condolences to all. We are friends of the Jacobo family and are very sorry to hear of the tragedy.

4. Sunny Brawley says:

please someone call me I was the one who helped at the scene and i need to know please please 209-862-4331 Sunny,, they will remember me i was the tall blonde that is friends with the firefighter team that got there ….

5. Patty Castaneda says:

Tom AKA Boogie Man was are dear friend, he was not just a friend he was family. Tom knew are family and shared so many special moments with our family. From baptisms, birthdays, 1st holly communion many moments. When he played at my sons 13th I surprise my son with Boogie man being at his party when he seen him pull up he was so happy. That’s the kind of effect he had to our family. My son says our parties will never be the same. Boogie we will miss you so much… God bless you for being such a good family friend to us.

6. Melendrez Family says:

The Mustang Phillies will be having a fundraising car wash on Sunday March 13th from 9am-4pm. The car wash will be at the drive thru dairy just north of the park. If you can not make it to the car wash, there will be a donation box at the park daily located near the snack bar. Please support the efforts of the team to raise money for the Jacobo Family.

1. Denise J. Garcia-Sabedra says:

Can you please give the name and location of the park. Thank you

1. Rebecca L. Vallejo says:

I will forward to a cousin and ask them to contact all.