Detectives Arrest Boyfriend In Murder Of Lomita Boy, 2

LOMITA (CBS) —Investigators determined that the death of a 2-year-old boy in Lomita on Thursday afternoon was a homicide and have arrested the child’s mother’s boyfriend in connection with the death.

Detectives arrested Daniel Vega, 25, in West Covina at about 11:20 p.m. on Thursday, Capt. Mike Parker of Sheriff’s Headquarters Bureau said.Vega was wanted for parole violation and is being held without bail, sheriff;s officials said.

The boy was found dead early Thursday afternoon in an apartment in the 26000 block of South Western Avenue, two blocks south of Pacific Coast Highway, officials said.

KCAL 9 reported Thursday that authorities said that the child had signs of abuse to his body and that the suspect watched the boy while his mother was away from the apartment at the Harbor Hills Housing Development.

An autopsy was scheduled for Saturday and will determine the exact cause of death.

1. CA562DUDE says:

If you Beat or Kill a Child you should get the same fate!!!!! an Eye for an Eye

1. Trini says:

i agree. that was an innocent child that deserved to live and be happy life NOT cut his life short.

2. Barbee says:

I agree and you know this will certainly happen as soon as he’s booked into the County Jail but what really shocked me is when I saw this on the News this morning I saw my low life cousin Corey putting her two cents into it and she lives in those run down projects and has just as many issues in her filthy lil apartment. I don’t think Men should babysit babies they don’t have a Maternal instinct and some just don’t have patience for lil ones he should have never ever been allowed to babysit again I blame the Parent call me crazy but Parents are supposed to protect their children not leave them in abusive situations.

3. daddy who cares says:

theres so many moms out there who leave there children with men that there children dont belong to and that also should be against the law thats no excuse for any one to hurt a child or any one who cant pertect there selfs i have 2 little girls this hit me hard i would say may god watch over him but to do that to a child no your going to get what u have coming sorry

4. Luis Serrato says:

i cant believe this happened and where i live to

5. Clos723 7413 says:

Well this is a very sad situation that mr . Vega has put himself in. He deserves to fry for this horrible thing he has done. Innocent 2yr old will enter the gates of heaven.and the paradise that awaits him. Mr . Vega will meet his demise in hell. I grew up in harbor hills 18yrs. I love hxhills pj’s . Please dont let this act performed by a latino man determine and profile how we raise our kids
    .. Our race… Rest in peace. Ruben sanchez jr.. William knight… The 2yr oldboy in apt#531 harborhills .. God is good. All the time’. Amen…

6. c123 says:

he was my friend here in GA’s cousin. from what i heard from her, the father is completely heart broken and has possibly gone mad.