2 Former Welfare Employees Accused Of Stealing $500K

SAN BERNARDINO (AP) —  Two former employees of San Bernardino County’s welfare department have been indicted on charges of stealing more than $500,000 intended for needy families.

The district attorney’s office said Thursday that 56-year-old Arlene Spinuzzi and 51-year-old Lynda Miles Holman, along with several of their relatives were charged with grand theft, misappropriation of public funds and other counts.

Spinuzzi, a former eligibility worker for the county’s child care program, is suspected of authorizing more than $415,000 in payment for child care services she claimed were being performed by her relatives. Holman is suspected of diverting more than $99,000 food stamp payments from needy recipients to her son and associate.

Holman was being held on $1.75 million bail, while Turner was being held on $650,000 bail.

Comments

1. arthur says:

jews and their thievery

1. Edward says:

Are you serious? Spinuzzi? Jewish? I just read where an organize criminal element called “Armenian Power” defrauded Medicare for tens of millions. Oh, they probably were Jewish as well. Sorry…

2. Nicole says:

Actually its not Jewish u dumb ass. And second of all think about what u say before u comment on someone u dont even know or know anything about!!!!!!! And yes is a very fun lady who I love dearly and she is not perfect everyone has made a mistake. Only GOD can judge and who are u people to say anything!!!!!!!!

1. Stafano says:

Arlene Spinuzzi is nothing but white trash. She is evil for doing something like this to her own father and daughter, and her husband is very sick in his head!!! I was at court today and got to see first hand that she shows no remorse for what she has done, really do hope they use her as an example and throw the book at her and give her the maximum possible sentence along with her husband. She is also acompulsive lier. I have known her for over 30 yrs and she has always been greety and just took total control of her father. God will punish her for what she has done.

2. people stink says:

Oh yes I bet she was fun with all that money pure greed if you ask me, and to put her old dad in jail she has no heart a very heartless person. I dont care if yiu need money that bad get a second job dont steal from tax payers!!!

2. socalmal says:

No need to bring this entire forum/comment down with your racist trash.

As for the welfare thrives- huge fines, repossessions, and long prison terms to deter any future ideas about stealing from the public. No slap on the wrist!

Of course in prison they’ll brag about how they did it and it’ll get passed along until others try the same scams. Changes are needed in the Social Service offices to combat this also.

3. Barbee says:

This is why California is broke the very people we trust to help those in need steals from them instead of helping them. I hope they get life sentences this is just wrong in so many ways. Our tax dollars funded them luxurious lifestyles imagine that.

1. LIlly says:

Life sentence…. And once again who are u to judge???? And they have never done one thing illegal in there life until now. I didnt know u were perfect and I doubt u are!!! Worry about ur own life and mind ur own business!!!!!

1. MRS.CHAVEZ says:

one thing illegal is one too many! so if I live my perfect life and then kill someone does that justify what I did because I am perfect but just killed that one time. it does not make it ok. She obviously deceived the whole work office, Kim you worked with her for 6 months! shes been sending herself checks for 7 years! and lilly did you get a piece of that cash flow is that why you are defending them?? Even old grandpa got involved. Greedy for money!!! LIFE SENTENCE PLEASE!

2. LIlly says:

And Noooooo wat=y ever would I of got involved!!!! And my grandpa is 81 with dementia and had no idea what was going on and why he was getting checks!!! So anyways mind ur own business and worry about urself and like I said you are not God and he is the one who knows the truth!!!!!

3. IWILLFINDMDEBAR!! says:

I DONT HAVE TO GOD TO JUDGE THOSE WHO STEAL,LIE, CHEAT,AND DECEIVE OTHERS THEY DO THAT FOR THEMSELVES! IM SURE HE DOESNT HAVE DEMENTIA IF HE WAS RECEIVING WELFARE AND IT IS MY BUSINESS SINCE IT IS “MY” MONEY THAT YOU ARE WASTING ON YOUR NO WASTE OF MONEY FAMILY I THINK THEY SHOULDNT GET LIFE BECAUSE THAT WOULD JUST BE WASTING MORE MONEY ON YOUR FAMILY THEY NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF ANOTHER WAY. PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF PAY TAXES FOR A GOOD REASON NOT FOR SOME DUMB A$$ FAMILY TO STEAL $400,00+ ON TRIPS TO NEW YORK TO BE INTERVIEWED ABOUT HOW THEY ARE A YANKEES FAN. B ITCH PLEASE I HOPE SHE NEVER SEES THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN SAME FOR DAUGHTER WHO WAS IN HAWAII, AND GRAMPS WELL IM SURE HES ALREADY DAMNED LIVING IN YOUR LIL OLD UGLY HOUSE. AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW YOU CAN TELL YOUR DAD MR MICHAEL DEBAR THAT I HOPE HE IS CAUGHT AND TO STOP RUNNING AND TURN HIS A SS IN BECAUSE IF HE ISNT CAUGHT I WILL FIND HIM AND HE’LL BE IN THE CAN ALSO LOL HAVE A NICE DAY AND HOPE THAT MONEY IS PUT BACK IN MY WALLET BECAUSE IM TIRED OF PAYING FOR B SHI T A SS FAMILYS THAT CANT MAKE IN THE REAL WORLD THAT THEY HAVE TO STEAL OUT OF MY POCKET .

4. Kim Taylor says:

Well everyone, I worked with Arlene Spinuzzi for 6 months and you would have never guessed that she did this, the whole office is in total shock. She was neither Jewish nor Italian, she married that name. She was really fun to work with and made us laugh all the time. It is too bad that she got caught up in something so horrible. I guess I never really knew her, but I will just remember her as the funny lady I worked with.