Did A Los Angeles Couple Train Pit Bulls To Fight?

LOS ANGELES (CBS) – A Lake Los Angeles couple was arrested today for possession of cocaine and for allegedly training pit bulls to fight.

According to Captain Mike Parker of the Sheriff’s Headquarters Bureau, 43-year-old Jesse Jimenez and his wife, 41-year-old Yvette Jimenez were arrested in the 41000 block of 178th Street at about 4:30 a.m..

Many of the dogs at the property had injuries and were tied to stakes in the yard.

“They did recover a dog fighting ring that breaks down so it’s portable and the ring is covered in blood so there is a lot of evidence that there was currently dog fighting going on,” said Deputy Michael Rust.

In addition to the fighting ring, deputies recovered medical supplies, training books, treadmill machines and approximately one ounce of cocaine from the home.

Authorities said that animal control officers took 17 pit bulls to the Lancaster Animal Shelter and the suspects’ four children were taken into protective custody by Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.

Comments

1. FeistyFriend says:

Glad they caught these people and glad to read that their children were taken as well. Hope the children were not abused. The link between animal abuse and domestic abuse is very strong as is abuse and neglect amongst persons who use cocaine or other drugs. My best to the children in hopes that they will recover fully and perhaps become animal ambassadors.

2. mrj says:

Lock those pieces of sh-it up forever!

1. Walter says:

Gotcha mrj, and lets you and I hide the keys so they cant be found.

1. Guest says:

Hide the key up their Latino Azz

2. THe Truth says:

Hey GUEST, let’s hide it in your mothers @ss. NO need to be a racist
        you jack@ss. I’m sure there are plenty of ‘crackers’ like yourself
        who don’t wash. How about a bath. Once a week doesn’t cut it.

3. Lenny says:

@ The Truth
        You condemn someone for making a racist comment only to use one use one in the same reply!
        That really gives your point credibility doesn’t it!!

4. Karen says:

Touche Lenny.

5. pittbulls n parolees fan says:

Lets all just remember what this freaken article was all about ….the abuse of dogs……TIA TORRES AND YOUR FAMILY YOUR NEEDED DESPERTLY BACK HOME….TIA TORRES YOUR HELP IS NEEDED….COME DOWN FROM TEHACHPI AND BK TO PALMDLAE THE DOGGS NEED YOU….PITBULLS N PAROLIES ROCK….MOVE ON OVER AND LET TIA TAKE OVER….SHES NEEDED NOW MORE THEN EVER….THANKS TIA FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL YEARS OF GOOD DOING WITH THE GUYS AND THE DOGS

3. Walter says:

There’snothing lower than abusing the innocent, dogs and children. The dogs will no doubt be eathanized, however the children will have to live with those scars and shame forever and ever.
    What horrible human beings Mr and Mrs Jiminez are. They must bear punishment for their crimes.

1. suzie says:

Lenny what did you say I didn’t quite understand your comment.

1. Lenny says:

What one?

4. Lenny says:

Yep just absolutely loath people like this.
    Give them life without parole!

5. Mary says:

I live very near the area – pictures of the neighborhood will give you a better idea of What these kids must have gone through. It is very dirty, and a very unkept city. It actually looks worse than Los Angeles. And you would be shocked (Or maybe you wouldn’t) at the number of Pit Bulls that roam the Lake Los Angeles streets during the day. I am glad the kids got out of there before one of them were viciously killed by one of these dogs. I feel sad they will be put in Foster Care and now my hope is that each of them will be placed in a good home. Stories like this rot my stomach. Best wishes to the children.

1. darkens says:

The pitbulls themselves are excellent family dogs & very safe around children; I own a blue nose APBT & she is far more inclined to lick you to death than she would ever be to bite you. This breed has the misfortune of attracting idiots who take advantage of their desire to please their owners, & use the dog’s natural athleticism to make fighting dog’s out of them. As for myself Mary, I am glad that these dogs got out of there before one of them was viciously killed by those people. Now we get to wait a few more years before these 4 kids prove that apples don’t fall frar from trees.

1. TT says:

i agree – nothing wrong with the dog – its the owners and trainers – and i hope the kids are ok….

6. jb says:

How about letting the dogs loose on the parents-that would be justice? I’ve been out to Lake LA-it looks like a third world nation. You should see all the Mexican flags flying-what a coincidence. These must be some of the, “hard working honest people that do jobs Americans won’t.” ROUND THEM UP AND SEND THEM HOME!

7. Karen says:

I think pit bulls are the ugliest dogs on the planet. As far as I am concerned, I’d like them banned from the United States because their sole purpose is to destroy other living beings. How special. The whole story turns my stomach and these dogs are disgusting.

1. Nicolle says:

You know nothing and you are disgusting! These are innocent animals that are trained by stupid people to do the things they do! You are completely uneducated on pitbulls! Funny thing is other breeds of dogs attack people far more than Pitbulls! Do some research!!! Maybe go to the shelter where all these dogs are held and take a good look at them!!!!!

1. Karen says:

I want pit bulls banned from the planet. All I hear is how PIT BULLS KILL PEOPLE especially babies.

Since I did not bring it up before. I pray to God that the children find wonderful homes away from these crazy parents.

8. Pat Robertson says:

Hispanics, shocking.

9. CW in L.A. says:

We need Tia and family to come and help these dogs, they are innocent just like the kids. Ptibull and Parolies come and help. PLEASE. I think these people should be put in a cage with the dogs and let the dogs sort it out. Turnabout is fairplay.

10. tom says:

they should put Mr and Mrs Jiminez in a ring and force them to fight

11. Tami Shepphird says:

It is so sad that this thread has become about breed and race bigotry,. Anyone who hates or fears pit bulls has never known one and any dog can be turned “vicious” in the hands of a monster, which is what these people are.

1. Karen says:

Tami – I don’t want to know any pit bulls. They KILL people.

1. NICOLA says:

KaREN…I BET YOUVE NEVER INTERACTED WITH A PIT BULL IN YOUR LIFE…YOUR THE TYPE TO BASH THE BREED WITHOUT EVER COMING ACROSS IT…”PIT BULLS KILL BABIES”…ARE YOU FOR REAL?????…ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT GIVE THIS BREED A BAD NAME…DONT COMMENT ON WHAT U DONT KNOW…IT MAKES YOU IGNORANT!!!!!!!

12. WAYNE says:

i worked with jesse and he is/was my union brother. i own american bulldogs and would never fight them . none of you know the man so let the court judge him and he will pay for his crime if found guilty and one day get his family back together. WAYNE GAINEY LA, CA

13. There Is No God You Fools says:

Jesse Jimenez is a low life human being. He was a thief at his day job when I worked with him. His bad Karma has finally caught up with him.

14. NICOLA says:

HOW THE HEADING SAYS….”DID LA COUPLE TRAIN PITBULLS TO FIGHT”

IF IT QUACKS LIKE A DUCK…WALKS LIKE A DUCK…SWIMS LIKE A DUCK…ITS A DUCK.

NO NEED FOR THE ? IN THE HEADING

WERE NOT IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

15. davegync says:

Generic panic disorder is scheduled by way of protracted ( > 6 months’ timeframe) time period of panic plus fear, associated with several associated signs or symptoms (DSM-IV) xanax online best Gets hotter occur in unrealistic situations and also using out of the ordinary strength, it can disrupt everyday routine