IHOP Gives Away Free Short Stacks On ‘National Pancake Day’

LOS ANGELES (CBS)  IHOP restaurants across the Southland will be giving away free pancakes Tuesday in celebration of National Pancake Day.

The company asks that in return for a free short stack of flapjacks, patrons leave a donation for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other designated local charities.

CBS2’s Kristine Lazar reported that the company gave away four million pancakes last year and raised $2.1 million.

For more information, visit IHOP.

Comments

1. TT says:

thats Awsome !! Go IHOP !!

2. girlie says:

Wouldn’t leaving a ‘donation’ mean I’m actually paying for the ‘free’ pancakes?

1. Lenny says:

@ girlie
      Exactly, you get nothing for nothing!!

2. Karen says:

Girlie – You mean you don’t want to contribute to charity?

1. Lenny says:

I think the point is that theoretically they are not free.

3. TT says:

Its for Children – Its just the right thing to do….I know you can figure out the principal…. I like pancakes🙂

1. Lenny says:

I understand the concept but I don’t agree with asking for a donation.
      It’s like if your walking down the street and someone is pestering you for a donation you are less likely to want to donate. Where as if the people are making less fuss I am inclined to make a donation. That’s all I’m saying.

1. Karen says:

Lenny

Don’t go to IHOP if you have an issue. I do not have any issues with IHOP raising money for charity. I think there is a IHOP close by so I will go over just to donate and hopefully pick up a short stack to go. I haven’t had pancakes in ages.

2. Yummers! says:

Then don’t give!
        Don’t make a donation! Heck, ust don’t show up!

3. Lenny says:

@ Yummers
        I won’t be showing up because I don’t like pancakes.
        I give to charities on a regular basis.
        Giving to charity is not the point and if you had read my comments you would have seen that. I simply stated that nothing is for free and I don’t think it’s right to say something is free and in the same sentence request money. Thats my opinion and I didn’t ask you or anyone else to agree with it. Have a nice day and enjoy your pancakes.

4. Yummers! says:

But it is FREE–
        The waitress even tells you that you do not have to make a donation if you don’t want to, the pancakes are free.
        However, for those that want to, the proceeds all go to a childrens charity that is named and posted for all to see.
        It’s a good cause and you make of it what you will. Thank you for the well wishes, the pancakes were fluffy, yummy and delicious!

2. suzie says:

“GO GET IT”

4. TT says:

the difference is in this case you have to volenteer your time, and your appetite and be a willing participent…your not walking down the street …

5. sfv41901 says:

I dont have a problem with giving a donation, but iInstead of say that they are giving out “free” pancakes, they should just say that “all pancake proceeds” will go to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other designated local charities.

1. Yummers! says:

They do say that, it’s posted!!

6. Yummers! says:

Here now!

Pancakes so yummmy!! Come on down! It’s for charity and make a donation!

1. TT says:

oh im jealous:) Cant wait !!

7. TT says:

well i for one will be having pancakes for dinner:) switch it up a bit🙂

8. Ben says:

Pancakes are the cheapest thing to give away, made from only about a spoon of flour per pancake. They should also include bacon and eggs. Denny’s had a better free deal when they were giving away free Grand Slam breakfasts. Remember that anyone?

1. Ben says:

And Denny’s didn’t ask for donations either.

2. Yummers! says:

I remember, it was soooooo goooood!
      There was no donation asked. But I would have given if for a charity.

But I think some posts here are being way too analytical about what free really means–WHO CARES! Why does everything have to be so black and white?

Just enjoy the dang thing! Geez!