LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Public access to several county roads within the Station Fire burn area were closed to traffic Saturday as a result of icy road conditions.
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works, the following roads are closed:
– Mount Wilson Road from Angeles Crest Highway;
– Mount Baldy Road to Glendora Mountain Road;
– Table Mountain Road from Angeles Crest Highway;
– Angeles Forest Highway from Aliso Canyon Road to Angeles Crest Highway;
– Big Tujunga Canyon Road from Big Tujunga Dam to Angeles Forest Highway; and
– Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road.
To allow snow-enthusiasts to reach fresh powder, Public Works officials said they plan to prioritize the opening of Big Tujunga Canyon Road from Big Tujunga Dam to Angeles Forest Highway and Angeles Forest Highway from Big Tujunga Canyon Road to Angeles Crest Highway.
Limited access is currently available on the following partially opened roads:
– Johnson Road from 110th Street West to Elizabeth Lake Road;
– San Francisquito Canyon Road from Elizabeth Lake Road to Pelton;
– Elizabeth Lake Road from Bouquet Canyon Road to Lake Hughes Road;
– Spunky Canyon from Bouquet Canyon Road to Elizabeth Lake to Green Valley; and
– Largo Vista from Fort Tejon Road to Big Pines Highway.
Los Angeles County residents and business owners can call 211 for information and referral services regarding post-disaster resources available to those affected by the floods and debris and mudflows.
The toll-free 211 is available 24 hours day, seven days a week.
Updates on road conditions and closures are available by visiting:
» DPW: Coordinated Agency Recovery Efforts
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)