Woman Killed By Car In Orange Identified

ORANGE (CBS) — A 28-year-old Huntington Beach woman fatally struck by a car in a crosswalk was identified Monday.

Amelia Shields reportedly was walking with her boyfriend and dog when she was struck on Chapman Avenue between Main and Batavia streets shortly after 11 p.m. Sunday.

Shields died at the scene.

The name of the driver was not made public. A videographer at the scene said he was questioned police, but it was unclear if he was breaking any laws in connection with the accident.

Anyone who saw what happened was urged to call Orange police at (714) 744-7444.

Comments

1. BM says:

pedestrians have the rite of way of course whoever hit her was breaking the law.

1. Dweebarino says:

It’s “right” of way for future reference.

Illiterate posts don’t have a lot of credibility, son.

I won’t bother addressing the lack of punctuation and capitalization, that make make your head explode.

1. Greg of Orange says:

Then again, “make make” doesn’t carry a whole lot of weight either…son.

2. Mark says:

A stupid comment regarding him not breaking the law or stupid law enforcement.

3. willcampbell says:

Regarding your headline, the car isn’t responsible for this tragedy, the human being driving it is.

1. Josh Butts says:

Yeah, real funny Will. Crack a joke at something like this why don’t you.

4. Joy says:

I live in the area. It is extremely dark. This was bound to happen due to poor visability. My condolences to her family and boyfriend.

5. bugman says:

If i’ts the same guy I came across walking my dog in the riverbed in orange years ago,orange pd knows him well!!!!.I will not ever forget!!

6. anna says:

I feel for this family,my 19 year old daughter was struck by a auto and she did survive with multiple injuries,witha brain injury and multple broken bone.God bless this family.