Suspected Shooter Arrested In Santa Ana Restaurant Murder

SANTA ANA (CBS) — Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of a man who was killed outside of a Santa Ana restaurant.

Santa Ana Homicide Detectives received a tip from an anonymous caller who identified the shooter as Ivan Sanchez from restaurant surveillance video. Detectives say they positively identified Sanchez and arrested him Thursday.

Authorities say Sanchez shot and killed Esteban Navarrete, 35, on Feb. 13 outside of Maricos La Ola Restaurant in Santa Ana. Police say there was an argument inside the restaurant between two groups of men –which did not include Navarrete –over which state in Mexico is best. The fight continued outside. When Navarrete and his family decided to leave, Sanchez allegedly shot him in the head.

Ivan Sanchez was booked into the Orange County Jail on one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder. He is being held on a $1 million bail.

Comments

1. TiredofpeoplewhohateUS says:

“Police say there was an argument inside the restaurant between two groups of men –which did not include Navarrete –over which state in Mexico is best. ”

Yet they are here in the US? Ignorance at its finest.

1. RC says:

Cool send him back to what ever Mexico state he prefers. Nice shirt very fitting

1. Alan C Rhine says:

DON’T FORGET!!!!!! All his family anchor babies, Mom, Dads, Aunts, Uncles, and all the Cousins

2. Karen says:

WE NEED TO DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS NOW. Who gives an F as to what state IN MEXICO is the best?

Go argue about it IN MEXICO. LEAVE NOW.

3. JOEBLOW23 says:

IVAN WAS NOT THE KILLER BUT MADE THE MISTAKE OF BEING IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME WITH HIS SO CALL FRIENDS… ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT COMMENT ABOUT HIS FAMILY WITH OUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HIS LIFE… HAVE NO RIGHT!!! I THINK THEY ALL SHOULD PAY FOR THIS BUT JUST BECAUSE IVAN WAS CAUGHT FIRST DOES NOT MEAN HE IS THE KILLER… MY RESPECT AND LOVE GOES OUT TO THE VICTIM AND HIS FAMILY.. MY PRAYER FOR IVAN AND HIS FAMILY, THAT ONLY GOD KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE GOING THRU

1. M Leon says:

Even if he is not the killer he is an accomplice and he is the Mexican filth that makes the rest of look bad. Don’t preach this bull about him being at the wrong place and time.

2. joeshmoe says:

Im tired of coward americans who hide behind screen names to make idiot comments. The Military should rule this country with an iron fist. It’s people are mindless cowardly sheep and its leaders are fools. The citizens worth a damn are over seas fighting while the rest of you sit here watching American Idol and getting fat. Worthless piles of dung.

1. TiredofpeoplewhohateUS says:

You mean like “joeshmoe”.

3. Killl this fool says:

kill his mother and cut his head off…I am sure that is his states past time!!!!!!!

1. SPOOKS says:

SHUT THE FUKK UP STUPID MATHA FUKKER ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS TALK OUT OF UR AZZES. FUKK ALL YOU RAICIST PUNKS I THINK ITS TIME YOU FUKKERS STEP UP

4. Mexican American that is proud to be an AMERICAN!!! USA is the best!!!! says:

I am tired of hearing stories like this….I am so glad that they caught him…They still have to catch the other three people that were with him…they are guilty too of the crime….he looks like a coward…if he was so big and bad he wouldn’t of had to use a gun…he looks illegal and I am sure they will love to beat him up in prison…I bet he won’t think he is big and bad there.

1. Karen says:

Hey Mexican American, I am just an AMERICAN. Why don’t you join us and LEAVE MEXICO behind?

And before you make a comment you’ll regret, please note that I am first generation AMERICAN.

My parents were NOT American when they came here and they don’t identify themselves as anything BUT AMERICAN.

And PS – I agree that this idiot and his friends need to be locked up.

1. SPOOKS says:

HAHAHAHA ITS FUNNY HOW ALL YOU PEOPLE TALK ALL THIS THROUGH A COMPUTER…. YOU PEOPLE ARE THE COWARDS. YOU WHITE PEOPLE HAD EVERYTHING YOU GUYS WANTED WHILE GROWING UP AND US HISPANICS OR MEXICANS WE STRUGGLE TO GET OUR DAILY BREAD. SO DONT TALK IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WE REALLY HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE EVERYDAY.

5. OOO says:

He’s doing what the whites has done to the native Indians.

1. M Leon says:

ooo you have poor grammar.

6. Alan C Rhine says:

CAN WE SHIP HIS DUMB (_!_) TO HIS BELOVED MEXICO FOR PRISON INSTEAD OF HAVING THE ….AMERICAN.. TAXPAYER FOOT HIS 3 HOTS AND A COT FOR THE REST OF HIS WASTED LIFE!!!!!!!!

1. Karen says:

I completely agree Alan. These ILLEGAL ALIENS are costing us about $53,000/per prisoner per year.

Send them BACK TO CALDERON!

7. Rick says:

We should ship him to Mexico, he was caught with his father (great parenting skills) heading south on I5.
    Looks like he was heading to America’s Diaper anyway.
    Let him serve his time in the diaper.

8. Nett says:

Wow, aren’t you people human. Why so racist dont have any love for Mexicans what about Polish, Irish, English, South American’s,Germans, Indian, asians, you have to be in one of those Ethnicity why else are you here? Everyone that’s in the US came from somewhere learn your History.. What a shame. I’m glad they caught a suspect now the Family can have some kind of peace. Knowing that this person will not harm or kill someone else.

1. =) says:

very well said Nett, these ppl sure need to be a little more well educated. learn your history ppls. and then talk.

9. proud american!! says:

Hey Nett why have compassion for this idiot!!! I am Mexican American..I am not racist but I hate idiots and that goes for any race..so why r u so caring for him..he should rot in hell!!! What he did was horrible and he did it to a fellow Latino like him…and a family man that was defenseless just getting into his car..this guy is a coward!!!!!

10. proud american!! says:

Also send the other three idiots in jail too!!!…they must be charged too!!! They could of turned him in or at least stopped him…he looks illegal…now I know why whites move out of a neighborhood when mexicans move in…I am Mexican American and I moved out of a hood like the ones that maybe this idiot is from…just a bunch of uneducated people that will never amount to anything!!

11. proud american!! says:

Nett where you from???….I know my history…I bet you don’t even know how California became part of the United States and why the border was put up in the firs place..u sound just as ignorant as the same people we r trying to keep out!!!

12. Karen says:

Proud American. I like that moniker, not the MEXICAN American moniker.

I’m an AMERICAN FIRST and I’m FIRST GENERATION.

13. Mexican Pride says:

hey “proud american” you sound like a wussy

1. Karen says:

I wish YOU would leave Mexican Pride. In fact, head on back to MEXICO and let the door slam your bum on the way out. Adios para siempre.

14. RC says:

Penalty for murder in US= 3 warm meals, nice bed and a pillow if you can buy from canteen, cable tv, free education, State facilities willl reward you with pay for working once sentanced, your family can come visit you every weekend, You can be as lazy as you want, No repsonsability, free medical and dental.
    Sounds like a harsh deterent to me. NOT

15. proud american!! says:

I am a 4th generation Mexican American…but I always consider myself american….so Karen if they would of passed that law about deporting children whose parents are illegal no matter if there children were born in the US u could had been deported if you were under age. Lucky you…lol

1. Karen says:

You are quite rude proud American.

MY PARENTS ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS AND HAD GREEN CARDS BEFORE SETTING FOOT IN THIS COUNTRY.

And I am all for the law that would ban anchor babies BECAUSE I AM NOT AN ANCHOR BABY. I WAS BORN OF LEGAL RESIDENTS. Get your facts straight.

And I am AMERICAN first. I would never identity with my HERITAGE as my NATIONALITY.

1. Karen says:

PS RUDE proud American – You missed the part where my parents identify themselves as AMERICAN and you’d never know that my mother’s first language WAS NOT English. It was NOT Spanish either.

16. Pancho says:

RC, that’s right! It’s more like a reward than a sentence. That’s why these criminals never learn. They commit crimes to get rewarded in prison. Sadly, we pay for all of their royal treatment. Send him to Mexican Prison and we’ll see if his @ss will commit another crime when he gets out IF he gets out alive!

17. Lis says:

All this racism and bickering amongst each other is the reason we as “Americans” fail big as human beings. Instead of denouncing this tragedy and mourning for the family who lost a parent over senseless vioence, we denounce the illegals and the Mexicans and all that other b.s. If this is what patriotic behavior is supposed to look like, well then count me out.

18. Greg says:

Shut up with all this “First Generation American” BS. In the eyes of everyone else you’re just another Mexican, no matter what you think of yourself.

I suggest you get off your High Stool because I can assure you that it will hurt when you’re finally knocked down.

1. M Leon says:

Thank you Greg, you took the words right out of my mind.

19. SICKSIDER 13 says:

WELL THIS IS FOR ALL YOU RAICITS PEOPLE YOU CAN GO FUKK UR SELFS. WHY OVER A COMPUTER WHEN YOU CAN GO TO A STREET THAT YOU MAY FIND A HISPANIC OR A MEXICAN AND TELL THAT TO THEM DONT BE SCARED…. PROUD TO BE SOUTHSIDER13 HAHHAHA

20. Abraham Sosa says:

You guys are all a bunch of racist cowards. Pretty soon you will be begging for our votes.