Haz Mat Team Investigates White Powder In Lakewood
LAKEWOOD (CBS) — A hazardous-materials team was sent to the AARP building in Lakewood Friday morning after a “white powder” was found in the mail room.
Firefighters were sent to the 3200 block of East Carson Street at 6:45 a.m., county fire officials said. The powder did not appear to be toxic.
Two people exposed to the powder were examined and decontaminated, but apparently were not injured. Similar incidents have been reported in the past at the location, and none turned out to be hazardous, officials said.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)