Boost Weight Loss With The ‘Gracie Diet’

STUDIO CITY (CBS) — If you’re trying to trim down and are sick of the latest fad diet, the “Gracie Diet” may be the key to your weight loss success.

Rorion Gracie, of the famous Gracie martial arts family, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to spill the secrets behind the “Gracie Diet.”

The Gracie Diet is not a quick weight loss program, a fad diet or even a restrictive diet. It’s a method of eating developed during 65 years of research and first-hand use by Grand Master Carlos Gracie.

Based on common sense and the proper combining of foods, it’s the secret of success for the largest family of athletes in the world.

Interactive Gracie Diet Table

• Combining the proper foods is one of the most important elements of the Gracie Diet, but also one of the most challenging for people to comprehend. [Rorion will demonstrate how to combine foods].

• The food combination guidelines are not based on taste, appearance, or biological classification, but on what pairings will optimize the digestive process and lead to increased energy, health, and longevity.

• Food Groups are classified as Groups A-F:

o Group A: Vegetables & Greens, Meats & Seafood, Fats & Oily Foods
o Group B: Starches
o Group C: Sweet Fruits & Foods, and Fresh & Creamy Cheeses
o Group D: Acidic Fruits
o Group E: Bananas
o Group F: Milk

• Food Pairing instructions can be found online at http://www.GracieDiet.com

Gracie Diet Key Points

• Space your meals at least 4 1/2 hours apart. No snacks!
• Do not mix cooked food prepared with oil, butter or fat, with sweets or fruits.
• Do not mix different starches within the same meal, no bread and French fries.
• Don’t eat pork in any form.

For more information, visit Gracie Diet.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Jack says:

Where does the whiskey fit in??

1. Rorion says:

We do not recommend alcohol. However, if you must drink at least eat right.
      For more info on the easy combinations please visit http://www.graciediet.com

2. Jeanne says:

Where does the eggs fit in? or dairy fit in?

1. Rorion says:

Eggs are a Group A and combine with salads, veggies, etc. Please check out the interactive food groups combination chart at http://www.graciediet.com

3. Sue says:

No beacon – ouch!!!

4. Sue says:

I got so upset, I forgot how to spell BACON, BACON, BACON!!!

5. Rorion says:

Let’s learn to like what is good for our health. Please visit http://www.graciediet.com

6. Mik says:

Where does diabetes fit into this picture?

1. Jim Halsband says:

Upon reading the Gracie Diet book, after over three generations of compliance with the Gracie diet lifestyle, there is no history of cancer, heart disease, obesity nor Diabetes in their family, so apparently the benefits of this diet adoption is related and precludes the chances of becoming diabetic, ex. childhood obesity can lead to diabetes. Children on this diet will have every health advantage over those who do not. For the diabetic, discuss this new diet with your physician as people with diabetes have additional dietary issues, there are bound to be some benefits.

1. Janet says:

Type I Diabetics are different than Type II. If you’re Type I, it has nothing to do with obesity. However…speaking as a Type I, I took a look at the diet and think it’s great! No matter what kind of diabetic you are, you have to count carbohydrates, so figure out what you’re going to eat on the Gracie diet, use a carbohydrate counter, and adjust insulin accordingly. If you’re Type II and follow this diet, it looks like it could be just the ticket to possibly becoming diet controlled. Digestion is an important part to controlling blood sugar levels. As always, let your doctor know that you want to try this diet so they can give you the input you need for your own situation. No two diabetics are alike!

7. Afvallen feeling says:

nIce post ! awaiting the next.

8. loose weight,exercise for weight loss,new weight loss,running for weight loss,weight loss after pregnancy,weight loss management,weight loss stories,center for medical weight loss,guaranteed weight loss,calories for weight loss,pcos weight loss,weight los says:

Hi there, just became alert to your blog via Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you happen to continue this in future. Many folks can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

9. weight loss says:

Hi there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

10. Business,news,loose weight,exercise for weight loss,new weight loss,running for weight loss,weight loss after pregnancy,weight loss management,weight loss stories,center for medical weight loss,guaranteed weight loss,calories for weight loss,pcos weight l says:

Excellent items from you, man. I’ve take into accout your stuff previous to and you’re simply extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have received here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which during which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay it wise. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.

11. molecular quantum mechanics says:

Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your website by chance, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.