Boost Weight Loss With The ‘Gracie Diet’
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBS) — If you’re trying to trim down and are sick of the latest fad diet, the “Gracie Diet” may be the key to your weight loss success.
Rorion Gracie, of the famous Gracie martial arts family, stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to spill the secrets behind the “Gracie Diet.”
The Gracie Diet is not a quick weight loss program, a fad diet or even a restrictive diet. It’s a method of eating developed during 65 years of research and first-hand use by Grand Master Carlos Gracie.
Based on common sense and the proper combining of foods, it’s the secret of success for the largest family of athletes in the world.
Interactive Gracie Diet Table
• Combining the proper foods is one of the most important elements of the Gracie Diet, but also one of the most challenging for people to comprehend. [Rorion will demonstrate how to combine foods].
• The food combination guidelines are not based on taste, appearance, or biological classification, but on what pairings will optimize the digestive process and lead to increased energy, health, and longevity.
• Food Groups are classified as Groups A-F:
o Group A: Vegetables & Greens, Meats & Seafood, Fats & Oily Foods
o Group B: Starches
o Group C: Sweet Fruits & Foods, and Fresh & Creamy Cheeses
o Group D: Acidic Fruits
o Group E: Bananas
o Group F: Milk
• Food Pairing instructions can be found online at http://www.GracieDiet.com
Gracie Diet Key Points
• Space your meals at least 4 1/2 hours apart. No snacks!
• Do not mix cooked food prepared with oil, butter or fat, with sweets or fruits.
• Do not mix different starches within the same meal, no bread and French fries.
• Don’t eat pork in any form.
For more information, visit Gracie Diet.
(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)