South Gate Man Pleads Not Guilty To Fatally Beating 9-Month-Old Daughter

DOWNEY (CBS) —  A South Gate man who allegedly beat his 9-month-old daughter to death  last month pleaded not guilty Tuesday to murder and other charges.

Jose Tulio Deras, 20, is charged with one count each of murder and assault on a child causing death for the Jan. 15 slaying of his daughter, Valerie.

In connection with an alleged assault on his wife, Deras is charged with one count of sodomy by use of force, with allegations that he used a knife and tied and bound his wife before he fled to Mexico.

Deras was detained Jan. 17 in Mexico City and flown two days later from Mexico City to Los Angeles International Airport, where he was turned over to Customs and Border Protection officers, U.S. Marshals and Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies.

If convicted, he could face up to 50 years to life in state prison, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Comments

1. Get Rid Of Trash says:

What good could this individual posibility do while alive on this earth? Execute him.

2. Felton Wilton says:

Great. Let’s feed him and keep him warm at night. For the rest of his life. While hard-working people trying to make ends meet… get stuck with the tab. Nice.

1. You are 100% correct about this. America needs to re-think punishment especially when it comes to the killers of children. I couldn’t agree more with your comment here.

3. Marco says:

Before I pass judgement I would like to hear what he has to say.

1. Trisha says:

Are you kidding? What excuse could he possibly use that would make his actions acceptable!? Marco is it? Go figure.

1. Marco says:

I didn’t say his actions were acceptable. I said I would like to hear what he has to say. Just like you are making an inference that I am Hispanic, or Latino because my name is Marco. I happen to be a Black Man.

So your assumption supports the point I am trying to make.

4. duh says:

Butt pirated the wife at knife point, killed a completely helpless 9 mo old baby. This waste of flesh just vaulted to the top of my list of people I hope really get worked over in prison. He went far out of his way to earn it…

5. Julie Asperger says:

any one of any race is capable of and has committed acts like this get over the race card already just shows your racism.