Entertainment

Settlement Reached in Sharon Osbourne Battery Case

View Comments
Sharon Osbourne (credit: AP Photo/Sang Tan)

Sharon Osbourne (credit: AP Photo/Sang Tan)

Photo Galleries

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A settlement was reached in dueling litigation between Sharon Osbourne and a former contestant on “Rock of Love Charm School” over battery claims, Osbourne’s attorney said Monday.

Jury selection had been scheduled to be completed Monday in the trial of Megan Hauserman’s lawsuit, but the lawyers told Los Angeles Superior Court Judge that the case was resolved, attorney Howard L. Weitzman said.

The settlement terms were not disclosed.

The lawsuit stemmed from a confrontation in December 2008 between the two women, which was billed online as “Sharon and Megan’s big fight.” Hauserman alleged Osbourne hit her, pulled her hair and scratched her after the two exchanged insults. However, according to Osbourne’s countersuit, Hauserman assumed the risk of injury while taking part in “Charm School” and breached her part of the agreement by suing.

Osbourne, a judge on the NBC talent show “America’s Got Talent” and a panelist on the CBS talk show “The Talk,” believed Hauserman started the incident for publicity, according to the countersuit.

(©2011 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,540 other followers