3.7 Magnitude Quake Hits Near Idyllwild

HEMET (AP) — A moderate earthquake in the mountains of Riverside County was also felt in northern San Diego County, but there are no reports of damage or injuries.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the 3.7 magnitude quake hit at 9:30 a.m. Saturday about seven miles west of Idyllwild and nine miles east of Hemet.

City News Service reports the quake was felt as a strong jolt in Palm Springs, about 20 miles to the east.

Shaking was also reported Carlsbad, Temecula, Riverside, and Coachella elsewhere in western Riverside and northern San Diego counties.

Sheriff’s dispatchers in both counties say there have been no reports of damage or injuries.

1. Adam says:

i was using the computer then suddenly the floor was shaking

2. Tim says:

Yeah, wife and i were drinking coffee in bed and it felt like someone slipped a quarter in our bed to make it shake. lol

3. Billy says:

I was cooking when I suddenly felt the house shake, it was like something heavy fell down

– Billy @ Hemet

4. Su says:

I live in Moreno Valley and there was a big and sudden jolt that shook the house.

5. chknltl says:

I was having sex and thought I was really rocking her world!

6. Traci says:

i live in San Jacinto Valley. it felt like an underground explosion. nothing so big that it would cause any damage though.

7. macdaddy says:

I live in Perris and to me it also felt like a sudden jolt / underground explosion